Rove outed Wilson's wife. Hardball talks up possible impeachment

Whether a law was broken or not, then Rove must go. That is what Bush said he would do if it was somebody in his admin, so he must keep his word. Otherwise, he is no better than Billy Bob and the liberals.

dilloduck said:
I'm with ya---hell we havent even got past the Delay debacle. ALL those baboons up there need to get down to work and try (at least try) to do something positive.

now if the rest in here can get past the rediculous diatribes..we can move on to more pressing issues...like the tactical nukes in question...glass facories in DC,LA.NY etc! :terror:

freeandfun1 said:
Whether a law was broken or not, then Rove must go.

Are you kidding me? No law was broken! Bush is supposed to fire his top adviser, even though he did nothing wrong? This is what is so goddam frusterating today. Democrats out searching for ANY head to lop off (Lott, DeLay, Bush, Rumsfeld, Rove) and too many Republicans running to help 'em out.

theim said:
Are you kidding me? No law was broken! Bush is supposed to fire his top adviser, even though he did nothing wrong? This is what is so goddam frusterating today. Democrats out searching for ANY head to lop off (Lott, DeLay, Bush, Rumsfeld, Rove) and too many Republicans running to help 'em out.

wake up and smell the coffee..it is nice to support those whom ya love...but tough love is the order of the day...if ya f' up then ya must pay the piper...no matter if ya are DNC or GOP!...enough said! :firing:

theim said:

I have to agree here since the track record from the Dems tells me everything they do is a wich hunt. Schumer is now out there saying "it could be worse than "Watergate". Is he insane??
Shoot at anything that moves and your bound to hit something right??

Bonnie said:
I have to agree here since the track record from the Dems tells me everything they do is a wich hunt. Schumer is now out there saying "it could be worse than "Watergate". Is he insane??
Look, I am an avid Bush supporter and therefore, an avid Rove supporter... but Bush did say... so he must set the example and keep his word. I understand what you guys are saying, but he said that if anybody in his admin leaked the name, he would take care of them... he clearly implied he would fire them. Frankly, it should have come out a long time ago then none of this would matter now. Since they tried to keep it hush, it makes it worse on the admin. They fucked up on this one as far as I am concerned.

IF other news comes out the exonerates Rove, then true, this is nothing but a witch hunt... but Bush is the one that made the promise to the people. Rove let him down and therefore, must be dealt with accordingly. Just my opinion.

Bonnie said:

I really love ya..but there is a time in life when ya must accept the facts...Carl f'd up and must now pay the piper as did GW....support if ya must but get a grip...ya can't continue through life a wish'in and a hoping! :p:

archangel said:
I really love ya..but there is a time in life when ya must accept the facts...Carl f'd up and must now pay the piper as did GW....support if ya must but get a grip...ya can't continue through life a wish'in and a hoping! :p:

How did he "f" up?

Again, people seem to be under the impression that Plame was infiltrating a Jihadist group in Beirut or something. She had a desk job at CIA HQ. Jeez if your looking for dirt on this administration I can think of dozens of better issues than this. I'll bet money that this fizzles into nothingness in a couple of weeks. There's always Gitmo!

archangel said:

IF he is guilty then he should be dealt with, until then he gets the benefit of my doubt if for no other reason than I look at those accusing him and they lack credibility. Im not a big fan of Rove although I do think he is smart at this job, what I don't like is the rush to judgement by the Democrats who are foaming at the mouth to get rid of anyone close to Bush in an effort to embarasse or isolate him. Cool heads need to prevail here.

theim said:
How did he "f" up?

Again, people seem to be under the impression that Plame was infiltrating a Jihadist group in Beirut or something. She had a desk job at CIA HQ. Jeez if your looking for dirt on this administration I can think of dozens of better issues than this. I'll bet money that this fizzles into nothingness in a couple of weeks. There's always Gitmo!
What do you not get? At the time Bush didn't say "if he broke a law". He said, "whoever leaked the name". It doesn't really matter her level, etc. What matters is what BUSH said. I helped to elect an honorable man that keeps his word. No matter how much it might personally hurt him. That is part of life and that is part of a man's character.

Bonnie said:
IF he is guilty then he should be dealt with, until then he gets the benefit of my doubt if for no other reason than I look at those accusing him and they lack credibility. Im not a big fan of Rove although I do think he is smart at this job, what I don't like is the rush to judgement by the Democrats who are foaming at the mouth to get rid of anyone close to Bush in an effort to embarasse or isolate him. Cool heads need to prevail here.
Back to the "ifs" I understand, but the article Zoom posted pretty much lays it out there for all to see....

Bonnie said:

I have a "cool head" but this does not mean that I cannot spank those who f' up...sorry I came from the "old school" if ya play ya must pay! :salute:

freeandfun1 said:
What do you not get? At the time Bush didn't say "if he broke a law". He said, "whoever leaked the name". It doesn't really matter her level, etc. What matters is what BUSH said. I helped to elect an honorable man that keeps his word. No matter how much it might personally hurt him. That is part of life and that is part of a man's character.

sometimes the truth hurts...but we all must move on and not repeat!

freeandfun1 said:
There was NO email from Rove. Rove had talked to the reporter, the reporter then sent an email to her bosses... the email is from HER to HER bosses. There is NO EMAIL from Karl Rove. Maybe that is why FOX never mentioned an email FROM Karl Rove. You seem to be watching news sources that are either not telling the truth or leaving it foggy on purpose hoping you will come to the conclusions you just admitted having. Please show me ONE article where it says that KARL ROVE SENT an email...

Frankly, I don't think he would be that stupid..

The email everybody is talking about is from COOPER to her bosses....

Earlier, when I said it was an email from Rove, you guys were right, it was from Cooper, my mistake. I just misrecalled that one. But still, it is an email that confirms that Rove was talking about Plume with Cooper. And yes, Rove isn't that stupid to write an email, he covers his tracks much better than that.

Anyway, it sounds like it is a mute point now that apparently Cooper has testified to a grand jury that his source is Karl Rove. Unless there is EVIDENCE that he lied, it is now Bush's job to fire Rove per his promise from when all of this began, irrelevant if Rove broke the law. That was Bush's promise.

time_duncan2000 said:
FOX is the most biased? CBS had the fake TANG documents and they aren't more biased?
And again, from my experience of watching FOX news, they are the most biased to the Right. I am not claiming anything about there being a truely unbiased news source, cause it doesn't exist. My mission is to read as much from each source, try to get to the real facts, and make up my own opinion.

One last thing, my search for the entire leak with 'Rove' on Foxnews.com, I only searched for his name in ANY article on their website, not 'Rove email' in my search critieria.

Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2005 12:06 a.m. EST
Ex-Prosecutor: Plame Leak Not Illegal

The former prosecutor who helped draft the law that Democrats say was violated when someone in the Bush administration leaked a CIA worker's name to columnist Robert Novak now says that no laws were broken in the case.

Writing with First Amendment lawyer Bruce Sanford in the Washington Post recently, former Assistant Deputy Attorney General Victoria Toensing explained that she helped draft the law in question, the 1982 Intelligence Identities Protection Act.

Says Toensing, "The Novak column and the surrounding facts do not support evidence of criminal conduct."
For Plame's outing to have been illegal, the one-time deputy AG says, "her status as undercover must be classified." Also, Plame "must have been assigned to duty outside the United States currently or in the past five years."

Since in neither case does Plame qualify, Toensing says: "There is a serious legal question as to whether she qualifies as 'covert.'"

The law also requires that the celebrated non-spy's outing take place by someone who knew the government had taken "affirmative measures to conceal [the agent's] relationship" to the U.S., a prospect Toensing says is unlikely.

Other signs that no laws were broken include the fact that after Plame was outted, the CIA's general counsel took no steps to prosecute Novak, as has been done to other reporters under similar circumstances.

Neither did then-CIA Director George Tenet or his deputy pick up the phone to tell Novak that the publication of her name would threaten national security and her safety, as is also routinely done when the CIA is serious about prohibiting publication.

In fact, the myth that laws were violated in the Plame case began to unravel in October 2003, in a column by New York Times scribe Nicholas Kristof, who explained that Valerie Plame had abandoned her covert role a full nine years before.

"The C.I.A. suspected that Aldrich Ames had given [Plame's] name [along with those of other spies] to the Russians before his espionage arrest in 1994. So her undercover security was undermined at that time, and she was brought back to Washington for safety reasons."

Kristof also noted that Plame had begun making the transition to CIA "management" even before she was outted, explaining that "she was moving away from 'noc' – which means non-official cover ... to a new cover as a State Department official, affording her diplomatic protection without having 'C.I.A.' stamped on her forehead."

Noted the Timesman: "All in all, I think the Democrats are engaging in hyperbole when they describe the White House as having put [Plame's] life in danger and destroyed her career; her days skulking along the back alleys of cities like Beirut and Algiers were already mostly over."

So why – with a special prosecutor now threatening to toss Time magazine's Matthew Cooper and New York Times reporter Judith Miller in jail if they don't give up their sources in the Plame case – aren't their lawyers invoking the "no laws were broken" defense?

Explains the National Review's Rich Lowry: The Miller-Cooper defense hasn't made this argument because it would be too embarrassing to admit that the Bush administration's "crime of the century" wasn't really a crime at all, especially after a year and a half of media chest-beating to the contrary.

"It was just a Washington flap played for all it was worth by the same news organizations now about to watch their employees go to prison over it," says Lowry.

"That's the truth that the media will go to any length to avoid."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/2/22/120736.shtml

theim said:
How did he "f" up?

if ya can't understand or comprehend the writing on the wall...well I can't help ya...sorry! :halo:

bock2911 said:
Earlier, when I said it was an email from Rove, you guys were right, it was from Cooper, my mistake. I just misrecalled that one. But still, it is an email that confirms that Rove was talking about Plume with Cooper. And yes, Rove isn't that stupid to write an email, he covers his tracks much better than that.

Anyway, it sounds like it is a mute point now that apparently Cooper has testified to a grand jury that his source is Karl Rove. Unless there is EVIDENCE that he lied, it is now Bush's job to fire Rove per his promise from when all of this began, irrelevant if Rove broke the law. That was Bush's promise.

And again, from my experience of watching FOX news, they are the most biased to the Right. I am not claiming anything about there being a truely unbiased news source, cause it doesn't exist. My mission is to read as much from each source, try to get to the real facts, and make up my own opinion.

One last thing, my search for the entire leak with 'Rove' on Foxnews.com, I only searched for his name in ANY article on their website, not 'Rove email' in my search critieria.

Go back to post # 59. From Fox.

freeandfun1 said:

Are you John McCain's online persona?

You just see nothing wrong at all for someone getting fired for doing nothing wrong?

archangel said:
if ya can't understand or comprehend the writing on the wall...well I can't help ya...sorry! :halo:

At least now I see where those RINO senators get their votes.

archangel said:
I have a "cool head" but this does not mean that I cannot spank those who f' up...sorry I came from the "old school" if ya play ya must pay! :salute:

Yes I get that, !! :flameth: LOL

Forum List

Back