Rove outed Wilson's wife. Hardball talks up possible impeachment

ThomasPaine

May 17, 2005
of Bush tonight. Chrissee and his leftie bud E.J. Dionne and others think that Rove lied, exposed Wilson's wife. Thus all lied including Bush about intel pre-Iraq,, ie. now can impeach Bush. Gawd almight save us from the idiot left..

ThomasPaine said:
of Bush tonight. Chrissee and his leftie bud E.J. Dionne and others think that Rove lied, exposed Wilson's wife. Thus all lied including Bush about intel pre-Iraq,, ie. now can impeach Bush. Gawd almight save us from the idiot left..
From what I have read, he only admits to speaking to the reporter. I wonder how many dems talked to the same reporter?? Nothing is confirmed, it is just the dems trying to make something out of this...

This morning they were saying it is likely it was the reporter herself who outed Plame and that is why she won't release her source...

Rove leaked information and lied about it, thus committing perjury. When Clinton did this, the rabid dogs lined up to present articles of impeachment.
The difference is that Rove is not President of the United States. He has no right to any sort of executive privilege. Of course the Dems are lining up to feast on his corpse. That is how politics works. You find someone to roast and invite all the heavy hitters you can find.
Bush can save face by admitting that Rove committed a criminal act. But he will not do it, because he has nothing to gain from it. Bush will never be impeached in a GOP controlled Congress. If he keeps up the charade, it will hurt the GOP chances in 2006 and 2008. Not that Bush cares, of course.

Gabriella84 said:
Rove leaked information and lied about it, thus committing perjury. When Clinton did this, the rabid dogs lined up to present articles of impeachment.
The difference is that Rove is not President of the United States. He has no right to any sort of executive privilege. Of course the Dems are lining up to feast on his corpse. That is how politics works. You find someone to roast and invite all the heavy hitters you can find.
Bush can save face by admitting that Rove committed a criminal act. But he will not do it, because he has nothing to gain from it. Bush will never be impeached in a GOP controlled Congress. If he keeps up the charade, it will hurt the GOP chances in 2006 and 2008. Not that Bush cares, of course.

perjury? when was rove under oath?

criminal act? what criminal act did rove commit?

Gabriella84 said:

Yeah. Just like Schiavo, just like Abu Ghraib, just like every other peice of crap the Dems think will hurt Bush but Oops! Nobody cares after a few weeks.

Bonnie said:
Yes Im wondering the same thing??
Here's what I want to know...

Let's just assume, for argument's sake, that Karl Rove is the one that divulged the name. Mr. Rove is a political consultant and campaign adviser. Therefore, why would he know her role in the CIA? Does he have the clearance to know such information? I doubt it. That kind of info is only dealt out on a "need to know basis". So who told him? I'll tell you who... nobody. Her role, from what I am reading on blogs and hearing discussed on talk radio, was NOT that secret. She had been outed a long time ago and just about everybody in Washington knew that Joseph Wilson's wife worked for the CIA and what her job was. I guarantee you if all Washington knew that, every other spy agency in the world also knew it.

freeandfun1 said:

Let's just assume, for argument's sake, that Karl Rove is the one that divulged the name. Mr. Rove is a political consultant and campaign adviser. Therefore, why would he know her role in the CIA? Does he have the clearance to know such information? I doubt it. That kind of info is only dealt out on a "need to know basis". So who told him? I'll tell you who... nobody. Her role, from what I am reading on blogs and hearing discussed on talk radio, was NOT that secret. She had been outed a long time ago and just about everybody in Washington knew that Joseph Wilson's wife worked for the CIA and what her job was. I guarantee you if all Washington knew that, every other spy agency in the world also knew it.

He does have the clearance...and he being the Presidents closest advisor... I am sure he is privvy to that info...that aside he has become a target and should step down to avoid any further controversy...just my opinion!

archangel said:
He does have the clearance...and he being the Presidents closest adviser... I am sure he is privy to that info...that aside he has become a target and should step down to avoid any further controversy...just my opinion!
Just because one has the clearance, that does not mean they have access. When I was in I had a TSSBI but there often were documents only rated "Secret" that I still could not view because I didn't need to know. I know he has to have at least a TSSBI with Presidential Clearance because he works in the White House. That is a given. But again, that doesn't mean he can saunter down to CIA HQ and see whatever info he wants.

archangel said:
He does have the clearance...and he being the Presidents closest advisory... I am sure he is privy to that info...that aside he has become a target and should step down to avoid any further controversy...just my opinion!
I want to see evidence before I make that jump. Otherwise, the media will just pick one admin or cabinet member at a time knowing that if they just put on enough pressure, the White House will cave. Is that really how you want to see our government ran? By the media?

freeandfun1 said:
Just because one has the clearance, that does not mean they have access. When I was in I had a TSSBI but there often were documents only rated "Secret" that I still could not view because I didn't need to know. I know he has to have at least a TSSBI with Presidential Clearance because he works in the White House. That is a given. But again, that doesn't mean he can saunter down to CIA HQ and see whatever info he wants.

Or stuff classified papers in his sock before he walks out of the room.

freeandfun1 said:

That he sits in on meetings at the Oval Office...I for one am not that naive to believe he does not hear comments and discussions for "your ears only!" as in "need to know"

freeandfun1 said:

Now Im hearing on the news that Rove did not divulge any specific names therefore no crime.

Bonnie said:
Now Im hearing on the news that Rove did not divulge any specific names therefore no crime.

He did say "His wife" but did not say her name...go figure..I'll leave that up to the investigators to figure out! :D

IF he outed her, and that is a big if still I tend not to believe stories in the news until I have more evidence than any e-mail at all especially after Memogate, then Bush will have to fire him. He stated unequivocally that whomever outed the lady would be fired, in order to keep credibility it will be necessary to fire him regardless of whether the act was illegal or not.

Right now it appears, to me at least, that he was answering a question about Plame, which would mean she had already been outed.

Bonnie said:

splitting hairs now----does saying "the wife of----" count as blowing someones cover anyway? (espescially since evryone in Washington knew it already)

freeandfun1 said:
I want to see evidence before I make that jump. Otherwise, the media will just pick one admin or cabinet member at a time knowing that if they just put on enough pressure, the White House will cave. Is that really how you want to see our government ran? By the media?

both parties are guilty of using the media as are celebrities...then they complain when the poparatzi( spell pun) gets too close...go figure!

archangel said:
both parties are guilty of using the media as are celebrities...then they complain when the poparatzi gets too close...go figure!
Regardless, it is still not the way to run a government. As No1 said, IF Rove did, then fire him. If not, then leave him alone. I don't think Bush should cave just because. I believe he has more of a backbone than many of our presidents in recent history.

Forum List

Back