Karl Rove's Saving Grace: Joe Wilson

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Joel Mowbray

July 18, 2005

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/joelmowbray/printjm20050718.shtml

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Novak and half of DC knew about Valerie Plames' connection with the CIA before Rove even opened his mouth. Why isn't anyone trying to find the ORIGINAL source of the leak. This isn't merely a rush to judgement--it's a rush to conviction.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

Valerie Plame herself talked about her job at coctail parties.

My guess is jealousy and pick Bush's people off one at a time. You know, shoot at anything that moves and you will hit something eventually, doens't hurt that the MSM is frothing at the mouth to "help out"

4. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Great article! Great points made. I loved it. Sorry the board won't let me rep you for bringing it to our attention, or I certainly would.

As a follow-up to what Dillo said, Washington is a small gossipy town in many ways, and everyone know everyone and what they do. The Dems are back at that game they play best--trying to fool the masses.

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Tonight on Fox Britt Hume will be doing an in depth report regarding this, and the question about Novak will be raised as well.

6. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to watch.

7. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    It doesn't seem too likely to me that Novack would cite a "white house source" if all that source did was say "I also heard that Plame was a CIA operative, not from an administration official, but from another journalist". Novack isn't dumb enough to cite someone who essentially says "this is a rumor I've also heard". Moreover, Rove emailed then-deputy national security adviser Stephen Hadley about the conversation he'd had with Matt Cooper, saying he 'didn't take the bait' (that is to say, didn't comment on the validity of Joe Wilson's report that the White House had used false evidence to support the Niger Yellowcake line in the State of the Union Address. At any rate, the fact that Rove was in contact with other high-level administration officials about Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame makes it a more than safe bet that he knew damn well, at some point, about Plame's undercover status (making ANY subsequent discussion of her CIA involvement a federal offense).

To think Rove is completely innoncent, you have to believe that Rove had all these conversations with journalists about Wilson's wife being a CIA employee, and then, over a course of several days during which he was heavily active in the White House's mad scramble to brief Condi, Rummy et al with a Top-Secret binder about Wilson, never asked anyone in the government whether what the journalists were telling him was true. I mean, maybe he didn't, but the safer bet is obviously that he did.

Also, anyone see the irony in that during this whole thing about Rove potentially having divulged top-secret information to the press, Condi Rice was being coached on how to address the Wilson project on the Sunday talk shows with a *top secret* classified assortment of documents (that Rove could NEVER have seen if he is actually innocent)?

8. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    bump

9. Gabriella84

Gabriella84 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Rove has no "saving grace." He is fried. Right now, he is twisting in the wind. The Bush Administration just needs someone to take the fall for him.

And the next time there is a two-sided "debate" on the Fox Network will be the first time.

10. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    they actually happen all the time.....it is just you all keep losing so you don't like to watch.....peronally i like CNN where they all sit there and agree with each other and talk about how smart they all are

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1