Rosie O'Donnel's TV show canceled after one episode.

Steerpike

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2007
This restores "some" of my faith in the viewing public (or perhaps TV executives).

If there has been a bigger (no pun intended) idiot on the TV screen in the last decade, I can't think of who it is.

This restores "some" of my faith in the viewing public (or perhaps TV executives).

If there has been a bigger (no pun intended) idiot on the TV screen in the last decade, I can't think of who it is.

I totally agree! I didn't get to see the show did you?

I didn't see it. There was some god-awful clip of Rosie singing an opening number with Liza Minelli. *shudder*

She only drew 5 million viewers, that's zero in tv terms. She's talentless; why would anyone want to watch? It's all about money to the tv gods. If she had gotten more viewers they'd be planning another show, no doubt.

Absolutely!

She's mean. Who wants to see an angry fat lesbian? People don't really care if she is fat or gay, but being mean is typically a deal breaker.

Martha Stewart is the exception. People are addicted to her for some reason.

But who really loves Rosie? I remember before it was common knowledge telling people she was mean and gay and they didn't believe it.

She's mean. Who wants to see an angry fat lesbian? People don't really care if she is fat or gay, but being mean is typically a deal breaker.

But who really loves Rosie? I remember before it was common knowledge telling people she was mean and gay and they didn't believe it.

Is Martha gay?

She crosses her T's and dots her I's when she speaks. Comes across as snooty to me, not necessarily mean. Then again I'm not much of a fan.

sealybobo wrote:

I think that sealybobo nailed this one. Back before the View when Rosie was on her daytime show people loved her. She was funny and cute in an accessible way, she had guests that were kids doing cute things, she "crushed" on Tom Cruise and it was funny. In other words...she was Ellen.

The daytime viewing audience wouldn't have cared in the slightest if she had come out of the closet - as long as she had continued doing her show in the way her audience had liked it.

Instead, she came out of the closet, AND began not just speaking about politics, but speaking out constantly in a loud, brash, rude, and often ridiculous way.

I never understood why people, especially celebrities, think that they can change something drastically about the things that made them famous and still enjoy the same level of interest from their audience.

By the time Rosie's newest show came out...she'd lost any audience but the 5 million who checked in either because they were tv addicts who would watch anything...or the people who wanted to see the train wreck she has become.

Is Martha gay?

She crosses her T's and dots her I's when she speaks. Comes across as snooty to me, not necessarily mean. Then again I'm not much of a fan.

I think she meant Martha is mean :lol: but Martha has become nicer since her stint in the big house.

I used to like Rosie but you're right, now she's just a mean, nasty person and I have no desire to watch her on television.

Because she provides people with household and design tips they find appealing maybe?

Just a guess, of course.

What does Rosie offer her audience?

Serious question I've never seen her shows, and haven't really listened to her since she was a stand-up comic.

She was actually often funny when she did stand-up.

sealybobo wrote:

By the time Rosie's newest show came out...she'd lost any audience but the 5 million who checked in either because they were tv addicts who would watch anything...or the people who wanted to see the train wreck she has become.

Or somewhere out there, there are 5 million Liza fans? :confused:

Because she provides people with household and design tips they find appealing maybe?

Just a guess, of course.

What does Rosie offer her audience?

Serious question I've never seen her shows, and haven't really listened to her since she was a stand-up comic.

She was actually often funny when she did stand-up.

Yea, I liked Rosie until I found out she was mean.

What does she offer? She's funny I guess.

I used to get so mad when she would call Tom Cruise her little cutie petooti.

i never cared for rosie and her treatment of tom selleck was uncalled for..she was a total bitch he was a total gentleman

I remember that, it was uncalled for. and didn't Rosie have to admit that she had bodyguards who carried guns?

yeah...kinda a big faux-pas to berate a polite guest about concealed carry permits only to admit that your body guards have them...and i think she went one worse by saying it was ok for her because she was a celebrity...but it still wasn't ok for "normal people." But I could be remembering incorrectly.

I think she meant Martha is mean :lol: but Martha has become nicer since her stint in the big house.

I used to like Rosie but you're right, now she's just a mean, nasty person and I have no desire to watch her on television.

You sure Martha isn't gay? As noted, she is nicer after her jailtime. . . ;)

Forum List

Back