Roosevelt: His Bankrupt Policies

hell, man, You should stick to topics you know, if there are any. You are proving it is not this one. Jesus. Are you proving it.

You're the F student who insisted we work with "impartial" data
An example of your distorted data you use Frank is your insistence of using the Lebbergott method of unemployment calculation, despite the fact you have been repeatedly been inform that that method only gives a part of the unemployment facts. Two methods are used and it has been explained to you along with objective academic links to read if you were unhappy with the explanations. You even conceded and acknowledged you understood the explanations, but shortly later began ignoring them.

Even with the adjustments, FDR's Jihad on the American economy (aka: the New Deal) still resulted in a 16% average unemployment over his first 7 years and the equivalent of $3 Trillion in new spending.

16% over 7 years with your adjustments.

That's a horrific track record

Even with the adjustments, the Republican Jihad on the American economy (aka: the Doing Nothing) still resulted in a 25% from a decent 3% unemployment rate, after 5 years, which Republicans could not fix and handed over to democrats, who then fixed their mess. Saving many billions of dollars for the US.

That is a 25% unemployment rate with no adjustments needed. Because:
1. I do not lie like you.
2. It took only 5 years for the great republican depression of 1929 to be the worst in US history.
3. And it Provided Republicans with the ability to lie about the cause and effect of their great depression.

That is a horrific track record for Republicans, and fixing their mess was a huge feather in the cap of FDR.

And the same careless deregulations and arguments that Hover(Harding) used to cause the great depression caused the great recession under George Bush. What do the republicans do this election? Double down.

They never learn .[/QUOTE]
Is this your audition for their Commedia Dell'Arte Troupe?

Specifically, what did Hoover deregulated?

So, even accounting for giving FDR complete control over the US economy and making revisions based on his unprecedented spending, UE averaged 16% until Hitler conquered France.

Do you clowns disagree with any of that?

Uh, it makes no difference. What we have established is that Republicans caused the Great Republican Depression of 1929, and that FDR fixed it. So, do you enjoy acting like the pigeon at the chess board, dipshit?

You are again looking really, really stupid. I think the reason for that is that you are. indeed, stupid.
Here. Let me try to help you to understand:

5 Scientific Studies That Prove Republicans Are Plain Stupid
5 Scientific, Peer-Reviewed Studies That Prove Republicans Are Just Stupid

You're about a step above a chimpanzee at a keyboard, maybe a half step.

How is 16%, really 21% unemployment for 7 years "fixing" anything. Can you define "fix"

So, even accounting for giving FDR complete control over the US economy and making revisions based on his unprecedented spending, UE averaged 16% until Hitler conquered France.

Uh, it makes no difference. What we have established is that Republicans caused the Great Republican Depression of 1929, and that FDR fixed it. So, do you enjoy acting like the pigeon at the chess board, dipshit?

You are again looking really, really stupid. I think the reason for that is that you are. indeed, stupid.

How is 16%, really 21% unemployment for 7 years "fixing" anything. Can you define "fix"

Fixing: Repairing, correcting. As in taking an employment rate of 25% down to 9.66% in 7 years, on it's way further down. Eliminating the greatest recession with the highest unemployment rate in history. Stoping the wide scale loss of homes and fortunes. Simple, me boy, except for congenital idiots. You see, that is a reduction in unemployment of over 15%, me boy. And over 7,000,000 more people employed than when the republican president handed the huge mess that he and his prior republican presidents had created over to FDR.
Now, I know you are a simpleton con troll, just doing your best to post con talking points. But that is why FDR is considered one of the greatest presidents in our history. But you, as a bat shit crazy conspiracy theorist and con troll will never see it. You love those who MAKE the depressions and recessions, not those that fix them. Because, me boy, technically, you are what is known as a Fucking Ass Hole. You want to make a political point, regardless of how stupid it is, but completely ignore the human suffering the depression caused by republicans caused. And you lack completely the integrity to admit what the problem was. Because you really do not care.

5 Scientific, Peer-Reviewed Studies That Prove Republicans Are Just Stupid[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

Wow. The profound opinion of a congenital idiot con troll.
How is 16%, really 21% unemployment for 7 years "fixing" anything.
Showing he is totally clueless, crusader rabbit says:
Can you define "fix"
Fixing: Repairing, correcting. As in taking an employment rate of 25% down to 9.66% in 7 years, on it's way further down. Eliminating the greatest recession with the highest unemployment rate in history. Stoping the wide scale loss of homes and fortunes. Simple, me boy, except for congenital idiots. You see, that is a reduction in unemployment of over 15%, me boy. And over 7,000,000 more people employed than when the republican president handed the huge mess that he and his prior republican presidents had created over to FDR.
Now, I know you are a simpleton con troll, just doing your best to post con talking points. But that is why FDR is considered one of the greatest presidents in our history. But you, as a bat shit crazy conspiracy theorist and con troll will never see it. You love those who MAKE the depressions and recessions, not those that fix them. Because, me boy, technically, you are what is known as a Fucking Ass Hole. You want to make a political point, regardless of how stupid it is, but completely ignore the human suffering the depression caused by republicans caused. And you lack completely the integrity to admit what the problem was. Because you really do not care.

Hope you are done with this subject. You are really no challenge at all, and I think you and I have shown you to be as stupid as it is possible for anyone to be.

If 10% unemployment after 7 years, and only due to our imminent entry into WWII is fixed, what do you call dropping in from 12 to 4 in under 2 years

If 10% unemployment after 7 years, and only due to our imminent entry into WWII is fixed, what do you call dropping in from 12 to 4 in under 2 years

Great. But it was from a low ue rate to 12% and back down again. Start to finish in under 1.5 years. But you are, of course, pointing at the recession of 1920 - 1921, which as I established for you several times had nothing to do with the great depression. It was a simple adjustment, adjusting to soldiers returning from WWI and to over production stocks that resulted from war production.
So, you like every con troll known to man are pushing hard on trying to make that short recession look something like the great depression. It was not similar.

Here is the main point. The 1921 recession exploded and corrected itself in 1.5 years with no help from the gov.
The great Republican Depression of 1929 also got no gov help from 1929 until 1934, a period of 5 years, not just 1.5 years. But the unemployment rate just kept growing. From 3% to 25%. With no signs of slacking.
Get it yet, me con tool. Your argument is specious. Plain and simple. You do not want to understand that one was a full blown aggregate demand depression. The other was a simple adjustment to a major WORLD WAR. So simple that even a simpleton with no economic background like you should be able to understand.
My bet is you will be back trying to conflate the two downturns within a few hours. Dipshit.

Last edited:
Jake, we're discussing FDR's miserable track record from 1933-1940. Are you claiming we have deficit spending to thank for a 21% UE rate over that term? Is that your metric for success?
One, you have to contrast Hoover to FDR.

Two, the GNP and GDP went up for FDR.

Three, the two years of UE are Hoover's responsibility.

After the Election in 1932, Hoover begged FDR to help with the banks. FDR went sailing and ignored Hoovers called for united action. So maybe you should go back to 1932 and count it as 3/4 Hoover 1/4 FDR?
Hoover and his bhoys managed to fuck everything up. Hoover tried to get FDR and commit to Hoover's programs. FDR said basically, "fuck you", and tried his own way. Hoover is responsible for the UE of 1932 and 1933, no one else.

Rexford Tugwell, one of the authors of the New Deal, “We didn’t admit it at the time, but practically the Whole New Deal was extrapolated from programs that Hoover started.”

D'oh!!!
And you wonder why FDR would not sit down with HH? He got it wrong with 24% plus UE in 1932 and 1933.

Of course, there were years of massive growth during the reign of FDR. We were on a war basis with the number of men in service reaching 12 million by 1945. All factories were churning out war materials on a 24/7 basis mostly with "Rosie the Riveter.

The Strange Ups and Downs of the U.S. Economy Since 1929

What no one here seems to consider, when "ranking" presidents is the criteria used. I've not seen it anywhere.

FDR could well have been one of the greatest WAR Presidents ever and was obviously one of the WORST economic presidents at the same time.

Seems Republicans will soon claim, not only did FDR start the Great Depression, but caused America to lose WWII. The groundwork for both of those claims has already been started,
but so far the American historians claim that FDR was America's greatest president seems to be an impediment. Maybe they should renew their charge that American historians are communists.

-Fdr's policies
Pushed us out of the great depression
Created millions of jobs
Built tons of energy infrastructure and infrastructure in general that helped boast our economy.
Protected the consumer from the banks and market place that cheated so many during and before the depression.

Probably created the central policies of the huge increase of the middle class and per capita income in this country for the next 40 years.

Seems Republicans will soon claim, not only did FDR start the Great Depression, but caused America to lose WWII. The groundwork for both of those claims has already been started,
but so far the American historians claim that FDR was America's greatest president seems to be an impediment. Maybe they should renew their charge that American historians are communists.

WWII was a huge fucking failure for the USA, all we accomplished for Eastern Europe was exchange one mass murdering Progressive psychopath for another.

There was no reason to allow Stalin to have Vienna, Prague or any of Berlin.

It was FDR unconscionable prosecution of the war as Uncle Joe's surrogate and sock puppet that allowed WWII to end as badly as it did for hundreds of millions behind the Iron Curtain including 20,000 American POWs

-Fdr's policies
Pushed us out of the great depression
Created millions of jobs
Built tons of energy infrastructure and infrastructure in general that helped boast our economy.
Protected the consumer from the banks and market place that cheated so many during and before the depression.

Probably created the central policies of the huge increase of the middle class and per capita income in this country for the next 40 years.

Pushed us out of the Great Depression....sure, after Hitler conquered France and invaded the USSR

Great. But it was from a low ue rate to 12% and back down again. Start to finish in under 1.5 years. But you are, of course, pointing at the recession of 1920 - 1921, which as I established for you several times had nothing to do with the great depression. It was a simple adjustment, adjusting to soldiers returning from WWI and to over production stocks that resulted from war production.
So, you like every con troll known to man are pushing hard on trying to make that short recession look something like the great depression. It was not similar.

Here is the main point. The 1921 recession exploded and corrected itself in 1.5 years with no help from the gov.
The great Republican Depression of 1929 also got no gov help from 1929 until 1934, a period of 5 years, not just 1.5 years. But the unemployment rate just kept growing. From 3% to 25%. With no signs of slacking.
Get it yet, me con tool. Your argument is specious. Plain and simple. You do not want to understand that one was a full blown aggregate demand depression. The other was a simple adjustment to a major WORLD WAR. So simple that even a simpleton with no economic background like you should be able to understand.
My bet is you will be back trying to conflate the two downturns within a few hours. Dipshit.

Harding and Coolidge allowed the market to self correct and the 1920-21 Depression ended in record time.

Hoover and FDR brought us Soviet style central planning and all the misery and failure that go with it

Harding and Coolidge allowed the market to self correct and the 1920-21 Depression ended in record time.

Hoover and FDR brought us Soviet style central planning and all the misery and failure that go with it

So is the Republican "self-correct cure" now the Republican official cure for depression/recessions? Does that also mean Republicans have now abandoned the "balance the budget" cure?

[/QUOTE]
28 pages in. I'm too lazy to go through all of it.

Have any of you folks ever seen this essay from Lawrence Reed?

Great Myths of the Great Depression[

I have not, but then I do not spend time in bat shit crazy con web sites.
Generally, when someone uses a link to a source, the concept is to provide evidence and proof by using impartial and expert sources. Now, if you want to prove some point and do not care about truth, but indeed are only interested in your own agenda, and lying is ok with you, then a nut case agenda driven source may be what you use instead.
So, Ancap'n uses Mackinac.org, a well known right wing site and Lawrence Reed, an equally well known right wing nut case writer, as his source, proving that agenda not truth is his intent.
Consider:

"The Mackinac Center for Public Policy is a right-wing pressure group based in Michigan. Founded in 1987, it is the largest state-level "think tank" in the nation. It was established by right-wing activists to promote "free market," pro-business policies. The Center voices its policy positions though publications and has moved beyond Michigan by helping the leaders of similar conservative institutions to ratchet up their operations in many other states and countries around the world. It is a member of the State Policy Network (SPN), a web of state pressure groups that denote themselves as "think tanks" and drive a right-wing agenda in statehouses nationwide. The organization has drawn fire for its advocacy of right wing positions.[1]

Leading academics have criticized the Center, saying that "Mackinac Center research is often of low quality and because of this it should be treated with considerable skepticism by the public, policy makers and political leaders. Much of the work of the Mackinac Center may have caused more confusion than clarity in the public discussion of the issues that it has addressed by systematically ignoring evidence that does not agree with its proposed solutions.""
Mackinac Center for Public Policy - SourceWatch

Maybe I should post an opinion piece from a left wing nut case site like movon, just to even out the agenda efforts. But, no, my integrity does not allow me to be dishonest. That is the purview of con trolls, who neither value nor have integrity.[/QUOTE]

WWII was a huge fucking failure for the USA, all we accomplished for Eastern Europe was exchange one mass murdering Progressive psychopath for another.

There was no reason to allow Stalin to have Vienna, Prague or any of Berlin.

It was FDR unconscionable prosecution of the war as Uncle Joe's surrogate and sock puppet that allowed WWII to end as badly as it did for hundreds of millions behind the Iron Curtain including 20,000 American POWs[/QUOTE]

Wow. More lies. From the conspiracy theorist. With no links to prove his drivel. Just a con troll who tries to present himself as a FDR expert. Now, turns out his posts are ALWAYS in perfect alignment with the nut case conservative talking points from the bat shit crazy con web sites that he frequents. But somehow CF thinks people will believe his dogma.
Really, crusader, all the history is against you. But you did like letting that Fuhrer Hitler have his way. Dipshir. AND THE CONTINUING DISHONOR OF THE UNDERSTANDING OF OUR WWII VETS IS JUST FINE WITH YOU, AS LONG AS IT PUSHES YOUR SMALL MINDED AGENDA.

Forum List

Back