U.S. Job Openings Hit A Record High in April

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
This is all Obama's fault:

U.S. Job Openings Hit A Record High

(Huffpo quotes Reuters)

WASHINGTON, June 9 (Reuters) - U.S. job openings surged to a record high in April and small business confidence perked up in May, suggesting the economy was regaining speed after stumbling at the start of the year.

The economy's stronger tone was reinforced by other data on Tuesday showing a solid rise in wholesale inventories in April, in part as oil prices stabilized.

"This is more confirmation that the economy is indeed emerging from that soft patch in the first quarter and can still pick up even faster in the next few months," said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York.

Job openings, a measure of labor demand, rose 5.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted 5.4 million in April, the highest level since the series began in December 2000, the Labor Department said in its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS).

Hiring slipped to 5.0 million from 5.1 million in March. Economists say the lag in hiring suggests that employers cannot find qualified workers for the open positions.

and....

The share of businesses saying they could not fill open positions also increased to 29 percent last month, matching February's reading, which was the highest since April 2006.

Yes, this is all Obama's fault.

• Banned
I wish I lived in your fantasy world.

What? Data is a fantasy world?

I don't know why I am bothering to answer this...bored I guess.
At any rate, you have to excuse everyone for not joining in your kum by yah circle over job data.
We just don't get excited about a rise in low paying, part-time no benefit jobs as you do.

Where is your data that the majority of those jobs are low paying, part time, no-benefit jobs?

At any rate, you have to excuse everyone for not joining in your kum by yah circle over job data.
We just don't get excited about a rise in low paying, part-time no benefit jobs as you do.

Where is your data that the majority of those jobs are low paying, part time, no-benefit jobs?

Oh My GOD!!...I am soooo sorry, how embarrassing!!!
Wages went up by 3/10ths of 1 percent this year........your right - wages are screaming ahead!!! Whoohoo!!! Go Obama!!!

Wages went up by 3/10ths of 1 percent this year........your right - wages are screaming ahead!!! Whoohoo!!! Go Obama!!!

That is not the title of the OP.

Are you aware of this easy to understand fact?

That is not the title of the OP.

Are you aware of this easy to understand fact?

Since 2009, on average, 93% of employed Americans have lost 5% of their wages.
Since 2009, on average, the top 7% wage earners have gained 33% earnings increase.

Is that an easy to understand fact?

Hours worked, Wages & Benefits rose as well. Next!

By 3/10ths of 1 percent...whoohoo!!!!!

Keep it up liar. Employee Compensation is up 2.8 percent.

(Huffpo quotes Reuters)

WASHINGTON, June 9 (Reuters) - U.S. job openings surged to a record high in April and small business confidence perked up in May, suggesting the economy was regaining speed after stumbling at the start of the year.

The economy's stronger tone was reinforced by other data on Tuesday showing a solid rise in wholesale inventories in April, in part as oil prices stabilized.

"This is more confirmation that the economy is indeed emerging from that soft patch in the first quarter and can still pick up even faster in the next few months," said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at MUFG Union Bank in New York.

Job openings, a measure of labor demand, rose 5.2 percent to a seasonally adjusted 5.4 million in April, the highest level since the series began in December 2000, the Labor Department said in its monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS).

Hiring slipped to 5.0 million from 5.1 million in March. Economists say the lag in hiring suggests that employers cannot find qualified workers for the open positions.

and....

The share of businesses saying they could not fill open positions also increased to 29 percent last month, matching February's reading, which was the highest since April 2006.

Yup.....if they can't find any qualified applicants then it's a matter of the education system failing.

I think it's a combination of the education system not turning out employable workers and not enough prospective workers wanting jobs......choosing instead to collect entitlements.

Yup. Obamas fault.

(Huffpo quotes Reuters)

and....

Yup.....if they can't find any qualified applicants then it's a matter of the education system failing.

I think it's a combination of the education system not turning out employable workers and not enough prospective workers wanting jobs......choosing instead to collect entitlements.

Yup. Obamas fault.

Ahhh, the ODS is strong with you!!

Keep it up liar. Employee Compensation is up 2.8 percent.

6a00e54ffb9698883301676665a37b970b-pi

productivity_wages.png

140725-1.gif

WagesMay2015.PNG

Last edited:

Yup. Obamas fault.

Could be for-profit giants like Corinthian Colleges stole their students federal loans & failed to educate their students.

Corinthian, which runs Everest Institute, Wyotech and Heald College, has become the poster child for the worst practices in the for-profit education sector, including high loan defaults and dubious programs. Clouded by allegations of deceptive marketing and lying to the government about its graduation & job placement rates.

Yup. Obamas fault.

Could be for-profit giants like Corinthian Colleges stole their students federal loans & failed to educate their students.

Corinthian, which runs Everest Institute, Wyotech and Heald College, has become the poster child for the worst practices in the for-profit education sector, including high loan defaults and dubious programs. Clouded by allegations of deceptive marketing and lying to the government about its graduation & job placement rates.
Our schools don't teach skills that prepare our kids for the job market. When I was in school it was all theory and not the actual hands-on training we needed.

Forum List

Back