Ronmney vows to tatoo each newborn with the word "God"

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Not really, but what is up with him using God as a tool on the campaign trail?

Is this particular to Mormons?

the GOP has done that since the '80's. its one of the reasons the 'base' has become more interested in controlling women's bodies than in actually doing anything.

jesus says they should stop using his name.

No, not mormons

It's that "social" (religious) conservative non-sense I had to put up with.

Reps just piss me off talking about god so friggin much.

It's the ECONOMY stewpuds!

I'm a registered republican and don't tell women what to do with their bodies or quote the bible for political purposes.

should I start doing that?

No, not mormons

then why was the first bill put forth by the House when it got there in 2010 one that would have absolved hospitals from liability for letting women die by not doing life-saving abortions or even sending them to another hospital where they'd get the emergency treatment they needed?

your party IS the religious right now.

and that is a problem. i miss republicans like Al D'Amato who actually believed in doing things for the country and their constituents.

No, not mormons

I'm a registered republican and don't tell women what to do with their bodies or quote the bible for political purposes.

you just vote for people who do.

and you should stop doing that.

No, not mormons

so I should vote to re-elect a president that despises me b/c of the color of my skin?

I think it is probably a subject Romney should just stay away from. Maybe he's trying the "hey Evangelicals, we're just like you" strategy when it comes to his Mormonism, but I think Evangelicals want to just hold their noses and vote for the man out of sheer hatred of Obama.

Maybe it'll work and some of the Teavangelicals are just uninformed enough to go for it. Romney is desperate and looking for something to give him a bump. God is one of the GOP big three "Gs"...

The Republicans are trying to make as much possible hay as they can out of the Democrats amending the platform and the row it cause at the convention. Perhaps they plan to use PoliticalChic to spin the hay to gold. :)

so I should vote to re-elect a president that despises me b/c of the color of my skin?

You're supposed to vote for a president that wants to use your money for someone else's abortion.

Just when you think Ravi has hit the absolute lowest bedrock level of fail, she pulls out a drill and blasting caps and gets down a bit deeper.

Yes, Ravi.

Romney is the ONLY candidate who has ever referenced God in his campaign.

Good observation.

Of course, the Democrat Parody is the only major political party which ever tried to STRIKE reference to God from its platform.

You idiots.

Just when you think Ravi has hit the absolute lowest bedrock level of fail, she pulls out a drill and blasting caps and gets down a bit deeper.

Yes, Ravi.

Romney is the ONLY candidate who has ever referenced God in his campaign.

Good observation.

Of course, the Democrat Parody is the only major political party which ever tried to STRIKE reference to God from its platform.

You idiots.

How dare people have faith,or reference God.
Unless you are Muslim then that's not even an issue.

I think it is probably a subject Romney should just stay away from. Maybe he's trying the "hey Evangelicals, we're just like you" strategy when it comes to his Mormonism, but I think Evangelicals want to just hold their noses and vote for the man out of sheer hatred of Obama.

Maybe it'll work and some of the Teavangelicals are just uninformed enough to go for it. Romney is desperate and looking for something to give him a bump. God is one of the GOP big three "Gs"...

Not a bad point. I imagine every time Mitten talks about God a fundie shudders.

It's particular to the far-right Christian Republicans who have taken over the party.

Forum List

Back