Ronald Reagan, the hero or Republicans

Rshermr

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
LaConner, WA
So, Ronald Reagan has been out of the presidency for over 25 years. But every day I here new changes to the history I lived through. And studied. So, what are the truths of Reagan, as opposed to the untrue stories made up to make him look good?
For instance, did anyone notice that the great reagan tax cut of 1981 led to the Reagan Recession of late 1982?
Did anyone notice that his 10.9% unemployment was the second worst recession in the history of the US?
Did anyone notice that he tripled the national debt?
Did anyone notice that Reagan spent more than all presidents before him combined?

Did anyone notice that he greatly increased the size of the federal government?
Did anyone notice that his response to the economy he created by early 1982 was combatted by his team with stimulus spending, in a really big way?

I am not knocking Reagan. I actually voted for him in his first term, but not in his second. And his response to his recession was not a bad thing at all. Stimulus tends to end recessions. Tax cuts do not.

Reagan is also credited for ending the Cold War, which ended the Republican's ability to use fear to get people to do what they wanted, reduced their ability to tax people massively to pay for a military and defense contractors that made the Republicans and their friends wealthy.

So it took Bush to bring it all back, which then led to the next big recession and ISIS.

I don't actually credit Reagan with ending the Cold War, he was merely the man there at the time. However those that do, have to take into account the effects it actually had on their party.

So, Ronald Reagan has been out of the presidency for over 25 years. But every day I here new changes to the history I lived through. And studied. So, what are the truths of Reagan, as opposed to the untrue stories made up to make him look good?
For instance, did anyone notice that the great reagan tax cut of 1981 led to the Reagan Recession of late 1982?
Did anyone notice that his 10.9% unemployment was the second worst recession in the history of the US?
Did anyone notice that Reagan spent more than all presidents before him combined?

Did anyone notice that his response to the economy he created by early 1982 was combatted by his team with stimulus spending, in a really big way?

I am not knocking Reagan. I actually voted for him in his first term, but not in his second. And his response to his recession was not a bad thing at all. Stimulus tends to end recessions. Tax cuts do not.

Income taxes do not go towards the funding of USA.INC's ability to provide the 19 enumerated/essential services as a "successor to contract". Income taxes pays interest to the Fed bankers that extend credit backed by noting of an intrinsic value. The Grace Commission that Reagan gave the task of finding out of where the income tax goes is on the record. Reagan became simply a figurehead after he was nearly killed less than 4 months after he took office by a guy whose family were thicker than thieves with the Bush crime family. Reagan wasn't actually shot by Hinckley but rather a Secret Service agent and one inch in any other direction could have killed him. He got the message. Bush basically ran the WH from 1981 to 1993. Reagan was simply a figurehead and nothing more which is why he knew nothing about the Iran/Contra/cocaine dealing that was going on. Reagan was forced to accept Bush as his running mate by the power structure.

Bullshit. The recession was a result of Carter's 17% inflation rate BEFORE Reagan was elected. The tax cuts helped END the recession.

Again, Bullshit. High unemployment was a result of Carter's inflation, which caused interest rates to rise to 21%. Construction stopped and businesses stopped expanding because money was too expensive to borrow. Again, the tax cuts put money back in the hands of the people, which stimulated the economy.

He made a deal with the Democrats who controlled Congress. They agreed to cut spending by $3 for every $1 in tax increases if Reagan would let them raise taxes. Reagan took them at their word and guess what? They didn't keep their word. No surprise there. The result? The debt increased.

You weren't around back then, were you?

Bullshit. The recession was a result of Carter's 17% inflation rate BEFORE Reagan was elected. The tax cuts helped END the recession.

Again, Bullshit. High unemployment was a result of Carter's inflation, which caused interest rates to rise to 21%. Construction stopped and businesses stopped expanding because money was too expensive to borrow. Again, the tax cuts put money back in the hands of the people, which stimulated the economy.

He made a deal with the Democrats who controlled Congress. They agreed to cut spending by $3 for every $1 in tax increases if Reagan would let them raise taxes. Reagan took them at their word and guess what? They didn't keep their word. No surprise there. The result? The debt increased.

As I learn more and more about what happened when Carter became president, the more respect I have for him. He was simply used as a tool because the Rockefellers and their banking pals that touted him and carried him over the finish line thought that he would kowtow to them. He had some very difficult moments when he found that he could not pick his own staff and those were picked for him (most of which belonged to the CFR) were the very insiders that he railed against when he was campaigning. His staff was picked and the "that's just the way it's going to be" message was sent loud and clear to him. Zbigniew Brzezinski was one of the founders of the Trilateral Commission sponsored and funded by the Rockefeller family was put in the position of security policy adviser. The two assassination attempts on Carter's life was a warning to keep to the script. He never really had a chance.

Reagan is also credited for ending the Cold War, which ended the Republican's ability to use fear to get people to do what they wanted, reduced their ability to tax people massively to pay for a military and defense contractors that made the Republicans and their friends wealthy.

So it took Bush to bring it all back, which then led to the next big recession and ISIS.

I don't actually credit Reagan with ending the Cold War, he was merely the man there at the time. However those that do, have to take into account the effects it actually had on their party.

Income taxes do not fund USA.INC........

Bullshit. The recession was a result of Carter's 17% inflation rate BEFORE Reagan was elected. The tax cuts helped END the recession. Fact is, the inflation rate was never 17%, and in truth never was even 12% before or after the presidency was taken over by Reagan. You should at some point look at facts instead of con talking points.
Fact is, the tax cuts created the recession, and spending ended it.
The fact that the unemployment rate went up like a rocket after the tax cuts should tell you something. Again, stop relying on con talking points.
Can you then explain why Reagan raised taxes and spent like a drunken sailor after the Recession started?
Those, me boy, were not supply side ideas at all.

Did anyone that his 10.9% unemployment was the second worst recession in the history of the US?[/QUOTE] Reagan’s Recession
Again, Bullshit. High unemployment was a result of Carter's inflation, which caused interest rates to rise to 21%. Construction stopped and businesses stopped expanding because money was too expensive to borrow. Again, the tax cuts put money back in the hands of the people, which stimulated the economy.. Uh, problem with your little rant is that the ue rate never got beyond 7.3% under Carter, but spiked upward under Reagan after his tax decrease. I notice that you have no proof of your statements. Problem is, the studies out there say that Voodo Economics, as Reagan's VP called Supply Side Economics caused the recession, which is why Reagan decided to increase taxes and borrow like crazy to fund stimulus spending was used by the Reagan Economic team. And this began before the rally bad part of the Reagan Recession.

[/QUOTE]
He made a deal with the Democrats who controlled Congress. They agreed to cut spending by $3 for every $1 in tax increases if Reagan would let them raise taxes. Uh, that makes no sense, me boy. Because the tax increases were Reagans ideas. Reagan took them at their word and guess what? They didn't keep their word. No surprise there. The result? The debt increased. Wow. That weak minded reagan was quite the nut case, eh. The reason you do not provide a link is that only nut case agenda driven sources would ever back up your ideas. The rational and impartial sources say you are a con troll. The fact is, the tax cut had neither a bad not good result. What had a bad result was canceling programs that employed people. What had a good result was spending, which created programs that employed people.
Here. Consider an impartial source:

"The unemployment rate hovered between 7% and 8% from the summer of 1980 to the fall of 1981, when it began to rise quickly. By March 1982 it had reached 9%, and in December of that year the unemployment rate stood at its recession peak of 10.8%. The jobless rate slowly receded over the next few years, falling to 8.3% by the end of 1983 and to 7.2% by the 1984 presidential election. The unemployment rate did not fall below 6%, however, until September 1987".
Reagan’s Recession

So, under the Carter presidency, inflation and the unemployment rate were fairly stable. At about 7.3% when reagan took office. And still at that point when Reagan cut taxes. But afterward, revenues slowed and programs were cut, causing unemployment. Neither the unemployemnt rate nor the inflation rate were any different during the Carter years and up until the tax cut by Reagan, then the ue rates went crazy.
You weren't around back then, were you?[/QUOTE]
Yup. Sure was. Young guy then, and voted for him in 1980.

Last edited:
Uh, that makes no sense, me boy. Because the tax increases were Reagans ideas.
Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna fight the Congress to cut taxes, then immediately turn around and fight to raise them. You truly are clueless. Read a history book.

So, Ronald Reagan has been out ofthe presidency for over 25 years.But every day I here new changes to the history I lived through.

Who is changing history?

I lives through the Nixon , Ford , Carter years also.

What is your fucking problem with Reagen?

Let me guess

You don't like the fact he stood up to Gorbachev?

You don't like the fact he stood up to unions and his own party?

You don't like the fact his ideology was the exact opposite of Carter and now obama?

You don't like the fact he compromised with tippy?

What is it with you asshole and Reagan?

You wish to be speaking Russian right now?

Reagan saved the U.S A from becoming like Europe Jack ass.

Bullshit. The recession was a result of Carter's 17% inflation rate BEFORE Reagan was elected. The tax cuts helped END the recession. Fact is, the inflation rate was never 17%, and in truth never was even 12% before or after the presidency was taken over by Reagan. You should at some point look at facts instead of con talking points.
The fact that the unemployment rate went up like a rocket after the tax cuts should tell you something. Again, stop relying on con talking points.
Can you then explain why Reagan raised taxes and spent like a drunken sailor after the Recession started?

Did anyone that his 10.9% unemployment was the second worst recession in the history of the US?
Reagan’s Recession
Again, Bullshit. High unemployment was a result of Carter's inflation, which caused interest rates to rise to 21%. Construction stopped and businesses stopped expanding because money was too expensive to borrow. Again, the tax cuts put money back in the hands of the people, which stimulated the economy.. Uh, problem with your little rant is that the ue rate never got beyond 7.3% under Carter, but spiked upward under Reagan after his tax decrease. I notice that you have no proof of your statements. Problem is, the studies out there say that Voodo Economics, as Reagan's VP called Supply Side Economics caused the recession, which is why Reagan decided to increase taxes and borrow like crazy to fund stimulus spending was used by the Reagan Economic team. And this began before the rally bad part of the Reagan Recession.

[/QUOTE]
He made a deal with the Democrats who controlled Congress. They agreed to cut spending by $3 for every $1 in tax increases if Reagan would let them raise taxes. Uh, that makes no sense, me boy. Because the tax increases were Reagans ideas. Reagan took them at their word and guess what? They didn't keep their word. No surprise there. The result? The debt increased. Wow. That weak minded reagan was quite the nut case, eh. The reason you do not provide a link is that only nut case agenda driven sources would ever back up your ideas. The rational and impartial sources say you are a con troll. The fact is, the tax cut had neither a bad not good result. What had a bad result was canceling programs that employed people. What had a good result was spending, which created programs that employed people.

"The unemployment rate hovered between 7% and 8% from the summer of 1980 to the fall of 1981, when it began to rise quickly. By March 1982 it had reached 9%, and in December of that year the unemployment rate stood at its recession peak of 10.8%. The jobless rate slowly receded over the next few years, falling to 8.3% by the end of 1983 and to 7.2% by the 1984 presidential election. The unemployment rate did not fall below 6%, however, until September 1987".
Reagan’s Recession

So, under the Carter presidency, inflation and the unemployment rate were fairly stable. At about 7.3% when reagan took office. And still at that point when Reagan cut taxes. But afterward, revenues slowed and programs were cut, causing unemployment. Neither the unemployemnt rate nor the inflation rate were any different during the Carter years and up until the tax cut by Reagan, then the ue rates went crazy.
Yup. Sure was. Young guy then, and voted for him in 1980.[/QUOTE]

So what the fuck you expect asshat that it was going to change overnight?

Reagan's polices turned this nation around, his attitude alone set the stage for the next 20 year's..

Russia kept to themselves, didn't stray much, but your God Damn obama

Gave the green light for Russia to use Iran military bases..

Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna fight the Congress to cut taxes, then immediately turn around and fight to raise them. You truly are clueless. Read a history book.

I have spent years in college and out of college reading reference books, and those include a number on economic history. You, me boy, only provide your statements without a link. I provide links. So, if some one is missing rational proof, it is definitively you. For instance:
You say, above -
Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna fight the Congress to cut taxes I did not say that. That is your
statement. And Reagan did not have to fight anyone. You see, he was allowed to show all how his tax cut would work. He did. And it failed, except to put workers out of work, and increase the ue rate.

then immediately turn around and fight to raise them.
Again, he did not have to fight to raise taxes. And he did not just turn around and raise them. It was a year later, It was his plan, based on what he saw his economy doing. And what he saw polls said about his chances of being re-elected if he did not repair his problem.

Perhaps, me boy, since you have no credentials, you should provide a link. Then, some one may actually believe your statements. Because just posting con talking points makes you look like a troll.

Reagan kicked the crap out of the Democrat home team: the USSR
Poor Crusader frank. Proving that he is delusional, he thinks democrats like the ussr. Which is nonsense, but poor CF keeps seeing commies behind every tree.

I am going to flame this thread till the mods throw it in the rubber room or lock it.

I guarantee you were not alive or aware of the Nixon, Ford, Carter years.

It was hell on earth..

Waiting forever to buy gas

Listening to the radio knowing our military sucks.

The God Damn disco bullshit.

Carter claiming he saw Martians.

The mid to late 70s was fucking as pathetic as it's been in the past 16 years.

Bush Jr and obama remind me so much of Nixion, Ford and Carter.

Then along came Reagan..

It was like when your team won the super bowl.

Reagan gave us freedom and hope..

Bush Jr and Obama just gave us bullshit

Did anyone that his 10.9% unemployment was the second worst recession in the history of the US?
Reagan’s Recession

Reagan’s Recession

Well, me well spoken con troll, I would not expect it to change over night. It took a year to see the ue rate go up like a rocket. And it took over a year to see the ue rate drop after he started spending like a drunken sailor. Next.

Reagan's polices turned this nation around, his attitude alone set the stage for the next 20 year's..
Uh, the opinion of a person with no credentials. Did you think anyone would believe you, me boy?

Again, the opinion of a con troll. Thanks for that, me boy.

Are you so stupid that you believe that has anything to do with the subject. Yeah, of course you are.

[/QUOTE]

Poor Crusader frank. Proving that he is delusional, he thinks democrats like the ussr. Which is nonsense, but poor CF keeps seeing commies behind every tree.

I am going to flame this thread till the mods throw it in the rubber room or lock it.

It was hell on earth..

Then along came Reagan..

Really? Good deal. Just keep believing. Being delusional is good for you.

I have spent years in college and out of college reading reference books, and those include a number on economic history. You, me boy, only provide your statements without a link. I provide links. So, if some one is missing rational proof, it is definitively you. For instance:
You say, above -
Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna fight the Congress to cut taxes I did not say that. That is your
statement. And Reagan did not have to fight anyone. You see, he was allowed to show all how his tax cut would work. He did. And it failed, except to put workers out of work, and increase the ue rate.

then immediately turn around and fight to raise them.
Again, he did not have to fight to raise taxes. And he did not just turn around and raise them. It was a year later, It was his plan, based on what he saw his economy doing. And what he saw polls said about his chances of being re-elected if he did not repair his problem.

Perhaps, me boy, since you have no credentials, you should provide a link. Then, some one may actually believe your statements. Because just posting con talking points makes you look like a troll.

You see, he was allowed to show all how his tax cut would work. He did. And it failed, except to put workers out of work, and increase the ue rate.

Bullshit it won, in the 80s we destroyed out dated factory and modernized them for the 21st century

That's what the 80s were all about in manufacturing Reagan realized the world was finally catching up after A WII

It was hell on earth..

Then along came Reagan..

Really? Good deal. Just keep believing. Being delusional is good for you.

I lived it you pretend economic major

Your ilks fucking plan wouldn't work in the 80s.

Just like it don't work today.

You still want to ignore Nixon, Ford's and Carter's cluster fuck?

Reagan changed that all around you ungrateful cock sucker.

Reagan’s Recession

Reagan’s Recession

Well, me well spoken con troll, I would not expect it to change over night. It took a year to see the ue rate go up like a rocket. And it took over a year to see the ue rate drop after he started spending like a drunken sailor. Next.

Uh, the opinion of a person with no credentials. Did you think anyone would believe you, me boy?

Again, the opinion of a con troll. Thanks for that, me boy.

Are you so stupid that you believe that has anything to do with the subject. Yeah, of course you are.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Opion?

Suck my left nut kid...

I can tell real fast you were like 12 in 1980.

You have no fucking clue what the 70s were.

New Topics

Forum List

Back