Ronald Reagan, the hero or Republicans

Bullshit. The recession was a result of Carter's 17% inflation rate BEFORE Reagan was elected. The tax cuts helped END the recession. Fact is, the inflation rate was never 17%, and in truth never was even 12% before or after the presidency was taken over by Reagan. You should at some point look at facts instead of con talking points.
Fact is, the tax cuts created the recession, and spending ended it.
The fact that the unemployment rate went up like a rocket after the tax cuts should tell you something. Again, stop relying on con talking points.
Can you then explain why Reagan raised taxes and spent like a drunken sailor after the Recession started?
Those, me boy, were not supply side ideas at all.

Did anyone that his 10.9% unemployment was the second worst recession in the history of the US?
Reagan’s Recession
Again, Bullshit. High unemployment was a result of Carter's inflation, which caused interest rates to rise to 21%. Construction stopped and businesses stopped expanding because money was too expensive to borrow. Again, the tax cuts put money back in the hands of the people, which stimulated the economy.. Uh, problem with your little rant is that the ue rate never got beyond 7.3% under Carter, but spiked upward under Reagan after his tax decrease. I notice that you have no proof of your statements. Problem is, the studies out there say that Voodo Economics, as Reagan's VP called Supply Side Economics caused the recession, which is why Reagan decided to increase taxes and borrow like crazy to fund stimulus spending was used by the Reagan Economic team. And this began before the rally bad part of the Reagan Recession.

Did anyone notice that he tripled the national debt?
He made a deal with the Democrats who controlled Congress. They agreed to cut spending by $3 for every $1 in tax increases if Reagan would let them raise taxes. Uh, that makes no sense, me boy. Because the tax increases were Reagans ideas. Reagan took them at their word and guess what? They didn't keep their word. No surprise there. The result? The debt increased. Wow. That weak minded reagan was quite the nut case, eh. The reason you do not provide a link is that only nut case agenda driven sources would ever back up your ideas. The rational and impartial sources say you are a con troll. The fact is, the tax cut had neither a bad not good result. What had a bad result was canceling programs that employed people. What had a good result was spending, which created programs that employed people.
Here. Consider an impartial source:

"The unemployment rate hovered between 7% and 8% from the summer of 1980 to the fall of 1981, when it began to rise quickly. By March 1982 it had reached 9%, and in December of that year the unemployment rate stood at its recession peak of 10.8%. The jobless rate slowly receded over the next few years, falling to 8.3% by the end of 1983 and to 7.2% by the 1984 presidential election. The unemployment rate did not fall below 6%, however, until September 1987".
Reagan’s Recession

So, under the Carter presidency, inflation and the unemployment rate were fairly stable. At about 7.3% when reagan took office. And still at that point when Reagan cut taxes. But afterward, revenues slowed and programs were cut, causing unemployment. Neither the unemployemnt rate nor the inflation rate were any different during the Carter years and up until the tax cut by Reagan, then the ue rates went crazy.
You weren't around back then, were you?
Yup. Sure was. Young guy then, and voted for him in 1980.[/QUOTE]

So what the fuck you expect asshat that it was going to change overnight?
Well, me well spoken con troll, I would not expect it to change over night. It took a year to see the ue rate go up like a rocket. And it took over a year to see the ue rate drop after he started spending like a drunken sailor. Next.

Reagan's polices turned this nation around, his attitude alone set the stage for the next 20 year's..
Uh, the opinion of a person with no credentials. Did you think anyone would believe you, me boy?

Russia kept to themselves, didn't stray much, but your God Damn obama
Again, the opinion of a con troll. Thanks for that, me boy.

Gave the green light for Russia to use Iran military bases..
Are you so stupid that you believe that has anything to do with the subject. Yeah, of course you are.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

So dumb ass do you ever see me ripping apart JFK or LBJ?

No

So again what's your problem with Reagan?

You can't stand a strong leader and a guy that could compromise?

A guy who tore down unions, a guy who tore down the U.S.S.R.?

What is it with you pussy?

Reagan kicked the crap out of the Democrat home team: the USSR
Poor Crusader frank. Proving that he is delusional, he thinks democrats like the ussr. Which is nonsense, but poor CF keeps seeing commies behind every tree.

Democrat Ted Kennedy gave the USSR an option to own the Dem Party if they would help defeat Reagan in 84; Dems lost in a landslide, but the USSR took over the Dem Party shortly thereafter.

Dem <3 USSR

It's funny how Progressives froth like raving lunatics at the mention of Reagan, they hate him not for the debt and deficits, but for defeating their home team the USSR. He called it an "Evil Empire" vowed to defeat them and left them for dead at the end of his second term

So, Ronald Reagan has been out of the presidency for over 25 years. But every day I here new changes to the history I lived through. And studied. So, what are the truths of Reagan, as opposed to the untrue stories made up to make him look good?
For instance, did anyone notice that the great reagan tax cut of 1981 led to the Reagan Recession of late 1982?
Did anyone notice that his 10.9% unemployment was the second worst recession in the history of the US?
Did anyone notice that Reagan spent more than all presidents before him combined?

Did anyone notice that he greatly increased the size of the federal government?
Did anyone notice that his response to the economy he created by early 1982 was combatted by his team with stimulus spending, in a really big way?

I am not knocking Reagan. I actually voted for him in his first term, but not in his second. And his response to his recession was not a bad thing at all. Stimulus tends to end recessions. Tax cuts do not.

Serious dude what's your motive?

He had the Reagan democrats..

Obama didn't have the obama republicans..

Why is that?

Reagan always stood up for he believed in.

If you want to compare him to obama..

Hell no.

I have spent years in college and out of college reading reference books
That explains everything.

This little piece of crap has finally pissed me off.

He wants to take a snap shot in history with Reagan..

Yet this prick ignores Nixon, Ford and Carter.
His snapshot is out of focus as well.

That's why I am trolling him

I have had it with people trashing Reagan, when I never trash JFK or LBJ

Because I know the history.

The only history liberals know is the history they're spoon fed by the media.

For instance, did anyone notice that the great Reagan tax cut of 1981 led to the Reagan Recession of late 1982?

No, I must have missed that, probably because it's not true.

Did anyone notice that Reagan spent more than all presidents before him combined?

Did anyone notice that his response to the economy he created by early 1982 was combatted by his team with stimulus spending, in a really big way?

I am not knocking Reagan. I actually voted for him in his first term, but not in his second. And his response to his recession was not a bad thing at all. Stimulus tends to end recessions. Tax cuts do not.

Reagan enacted massive income tax cuts during his two terms and the 80s turned out to be a very prosperous decade in the end. You have a very skewed view of history.

A thread like this still pisses me off.

For some reason liberals thought we could go through the 80s like the 60s~70s

Reagan knew the world was changing , he knew the world was catching up to the U.S.A. in exports /imports

He knew the U.S.S.R.had to be destroyed.

Reagan knew we all thought America sucked during the Carter years..

And Reagan changed it.

For instance, did anyone notice that the great Reagan tax cut of 1981 led to the Reagan Recession of late 1982?

Reagan enacted massive income tax cuts during his two terms and the 80s turned out to be a very prosperous decade in the end. You have a very skewed view of history.
Not at all. I stated, had you tried to read my post, that in the end the reagan economy came back from his recession as a result of stimulus spending. But before that his tax cut caused a very deep recession. Both things happen. That Reagan is your hero is fine. It is, indeed, kind of like a comic book. The problem is you think fantasy is reality.

Not at all. I stated, had you tried to read my post, that in the end the reagan economy came back from his recession as a result of stimulus spending. But before that his tax cut caused a very deep recession. Both things happen.

His tax cut caused no such thing whatsoever. This country was already headed in recession when he took over. That's why he enacted the tax cut and future ones as well. Revenues to the federal treasury increased after he reduced the top rate from 70% to 50% and made a further cut later to 28%. The tax cuts played an important role in the recovery, just as they did when W did it, just as they did when JFK did it, and just as they did when Harding did it. Just because you personally disapprove of them does not make you correct.

That Reagan is your hero is fine

No, Reagan is not my "hero." I'm not a Republican nor a Reagan worshiper. He was a decent president overall, but the other criticisms you pointed out about him are valid. He was far from perfect and quite frankly would never be pure enough for today's conservatives if he ran for president. They'd call him a RINO.

It is, indeed, kind of like a comic book. The problem is you think fantasy is reality.

Agreed. You are very much like a comic book character.

And I know you LIKE being pissed off. Your welcome.

Hardly. That is your interpretation of a 8 year period.

Yes. Well one would if the post is about Reagan, and not the others. I mean, I forgot W as well.
Speaking of pricks, most cons are pricks. But you, me boy, are a cactus.

Nice of you to admit you are a troll. Most hate to be thought of as one.

I have had it with people trashing Reagan, when I never trash JFK or LBJ.
some times the truth hurts, if your hero is not what you thought. But that happens when your source is bat shit crazy con talking points.

Hardly, me boy. Hardly.

hardly, me boy. You are making things up.

Reagan knew the world was changing , he knew the world was catching up to the U.S.A. in exports /imports

And Reagan changed it.
And, damn it, he is your hero. And you do not want to hear the truth.

Not at all. I stated, had you tried to read my post, that in the end the reagan economy came back from his recession as a result of stimulus spending. But before that his tax cut caused a very deep recession. Both things happen. That Reagan is your hero is fine. It is, indeed, kind of like a comic book. The problem is you think fantasy is reality.

Again kid what would of happen if Carter won?

That's the questions you liberals never want to answer.

We already know union pension plans are broke

What Would of happen ir Carter won?

Not at all. I stated, had you tried to read my post, that in the end the reagan economy came back from his recession as a result of stimulus spending.

of course stimulus spending hurts an economy. How stupid do you have to be to think that when govt spends money it stimulates an economy and when it taxes so people cant money it does no harm!! A liberal is so stupild as to believe a dollar becomes magical when govt spends it.

Reagan era recession was caused by monetary policy that featured 21% interest rates.

Silicon valley helped the economy, and the tax cuts were for all except the poor..He also implemented taxes on waiter tips, 15% of receipts, whether you got that much or not..

Not at all. I stated, had you tried to read my post, that in the end the reagan economy came back from his recession as a result of stimulus spending. But before that his tax cut caused a very deep recession. Both things happen.

His tax cut caused no such thing whatsoever. Did not say it did. Cutting programs as a result of trying to slow the growing deficit caused the recession.

This country was already headed in recession when he took over. Says who? Got a link? That's why he enacted the tax cut and future ones as well. Sorry, there was no recession coming untel months after his tax cut.
The Reagan recovery may have been dramatic, but it was anything but "rapid." The second dip of the "double-dip" recession of the early 1980s — which occurred entirely on Reagan's watch — lasted 16 months from peak to trough. That made it the longest recession between the Great Depression and today's "Great Recession."
None

Revenues to the federal treasury increased after he reduced the top rate from 70% to 50% See below. Your wrong. and made a further cut later to 28%. Revenues declined. Which is why you can not, again, provide a link. The tax cuts played an important role in the recovery, just as they did when W did it, just as they did when JFK did it, and just as they did when Harding did it. Just because you personally disapprove of them does not make you correct. I do not disapprove of tax cuts, or of raising taxes. And they generally do no harm.. And they generally help a little in economic good times. So my study of the subject would say. What often happens when the economy is weak is that tax cuts cause the gov to cancel programs, putting people out of wortk
"revenues as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP), which is the best way to compare across years, dropped from 19.1 percent in 1981 to a low of 16.9 percent in 1984, before rebounding slightly to 17.8 percent in 1989. One reason the deficit soared during Reagan’s term is because spending went up as a share of the economy and revenues went down."
Rand Paul’s claim that Reagan’s tax cuts produced ‘more revenue’ and ‘tens of millions of jobs’
That Reagan is your hero is fine
No, Reagan is not my "hero." I'm not a Republican nor a Reagan worshiper. He was a decent president overall, I agree. but the other criticisms you pointed out about him are valid. He was far from perfect and quite frankly would never be pure enough for today's conservatives if he ran for president. They'd call him a RINO.

"bear513, post: 15088226, member: 36770"]This little piece of crap has finally pissed me off.
And I know you LIKE being pissed off. Your welcome.

Hardly. That is your interpretation of a 8 year period.

Yes. Well one would if the post is about Reagan, and not the others. I mean, I forgot W as well.
Speaking of pricks, most cons are pricks. But you, me boy, are a cactus.

[/QUOTE]
His snapshot is out of focus as well.[/QUOTE]

Nice of you to admit you are a troll. Most hate to be thought of as one.

I have had it with people trashing Reagan, when I never trash JFK or LBJ.
some times the truth hurts, if your hero is not what you thought. But that happens when your source is bat shit crazy con talking points.

Hardly, me boy. Hardly.
[/QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

hardly, me boy. You are making things up.

Was reagan a friend of yours?
Did Reagan say these things.
did you think it was a secret others did not know?

Yup, he talked it to death.

Apparently not, me boy. The vote was extremely close. something very close to 50% disagreed with you.
And Carter avoided the next worst recession in us history.
And Carter saw more growth in employment per year than Reagan.
But he did not have the favorability ratings of Reagan, in the end.
And he did not excite the comic book lovers, like reagan did.

And Reagan changed it.
And also brought us the second worst recession in US history.
And, damn it, he is your hero. And you do not want to hear the truth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back