Ron Paul's Congressional Farewell Speech - CSPAN 11/14/2012...

So, the strict constitutionalist and modern day individual liberty pioneer should have passed a lot of legislation in order to legitimize his time in congress?

Are you really this much a mental midget?

He should have behaved like all the other many Congressionalbots that waste our time and money.

I swear people truly are programmed.

Yes, he should have just gone along. I'm sure that would have been a lot easier for the man, but that's just not him. Voting to ban light bulbs just isn't in him.

That is why those who bitch about DC and then like lemmings keep voting for the same people have driven me from the party politics. I did not vote for Paul(Gary Johnson) but his message deserved more attention and much more respect.

ALL Ron Paul supporters are definitely not wackos - but the ones that are sure hurt him.
Hacking post-debate polls to create absurd results just played right into the "he's our idiot cousin that we usually keep locked up. But we let him out tonight, so humor him" treatment that he got from other G.O.P. candidates.

I can assure you I kind find certifiable wackos in every party. That is not how one should define the message. Pay attention to the message not people.

Very dark days are ahead for this Nation. Most of the People have no idea what's coming.

I'm getting misty. Mygod, what will Congress be like without all the great legislation sponsored by Paul which has passed?

Will the union survive, without this no-accomplishments demagogue????

So, the strict constitutionalist and modern day individual liberty pioneer should have passed a lot of legislation in order to legitimize his time in congress?

Perhaps, but hopefully not such a dumbfuck as to think some asshole who was relegated to the extreme fringe, even by his own party, and thus accomplished zero for his district, or the nation, even after many terms, is anything other than the epitome of GOVERNMENT WASTE.

He loses me here too:
“Restraining aggressive behavior is one thing, but legalizing a government monopoly for initiating aggression can only lead to exhausting liberty associated with chaos, anger and the breakdown of civil society,” Paul said.

So initiating agression is the right of all people????

By monopoly does he mean driven by profit off the military complex without check by the people? Not that people have the right to make those decisions, but that people ought to have some Constitutional check on govt -- instead of this being decided by either "political monopoly or economic monopoly." Not clear what he means, but assume this goes along with his stance that the US govt should not be spending any resources or forces on either peace or war in foreign countries.

Very dark days are ahead for this Nation. Most of the People have no idea what's coming.

I am generally very much an optimist but I am leaning toward your sentiment. We get the government we deserve. We are so screwed.

He should have behaved like all the other many Congressionalbots that waste our time and money.

I swear people truly are programmed.

Yes, he should have just gone along. I'm sure that would have been a lot easier for the man, but that's just not him. Voting to ban light bulbs just isn't in him.

That is why those who bitch about DC and then like lemmings keep voting for the same people have driven me from the party politics. I did not vote for Paul(Gary Johnson) but his message deserved more attention and much more respect.

Well said. Yeah, it's the Freebies. We're an Entitlement Nation now. Everyone has their hand out demanding their's. Most don't care about Freedom & Liberty. They just want their's. Third World Misery and only the illusion of Freedom seems to be the course we're on.

Well said. Yeah, it's the Freebies. We're an Entitlement Nation now. Everyone has their hand out demanding their's. Most don't care about Freedom & Liberty. They just want their's. Third World Misery and only the illusion of Freedom seems to be the course we're on.

Third World living, here we come. Lazy people, both lazy in mind and body, don't want freedom. They want freebies.

Third World living, here we come. Lazy people, both lazy in mind and body, don't want freedom. They want freebies.

Sadly, most are perfectly willing to trade their Freedom & Liberty away for a few Freebies. They have no idea or don't even care what the tradeoff is. This Nanny/Police State grows larger and more intrusive by the day. But it just doesn't look like enough Americans care. It's a very sad tragedy.

I'm getting misty. Mygod, what will Congress be like without all the great legislation sponsored by Paul which has passed?

Will the union survive, without this no-accomplishments demagogue????

Perhaps, but hopefully not such a dumbfuck as to think some asshole who was relegated to the extreme fringe, even by his own party, and thus accomplished zero for his district, or the nation, even after many terms, is anything other than the epitome of GOVERNMENT WASTE.

So, he was elected 12 times to his district after accomplishing nothing? So much for hoping on that dumbfuckery.

An old Warrior who will truly be missed. Who's left in Congress now to fight against the NWO Globalists and Nanny/Police Staters?

Last edited:

So, he was elected 12 times to his district after accomplishing nothing? So much for hoping on that dumbfuckery.

But he didn't vote to ban those light bulbs. So, he's bad. Wow, we are in serious trouble.

Then un-dumbfuckery me: What did he accomplish after a near 1/4 century of being paid a nice salary, supplied a large staff, and accruing a lucrative retirement?

Legilation sponsored that did anything he espoused? Maybe the deciding vote on some other critical bill? Or just warm the leather in his seat, at huge tax-payer expense, which will continue until his death?

Hmmm?

You see, TASB, folks are free to oppose anything they wish, and sing it from the mountain tops. Go hog wild. But when they do it on the guvmint nickle, without the slighest regard for what the People's House was and is intended to do, it pisses me off. Fuck the do-nothing hypocrite, IMO.

Last edited:
If the video is boring (I assume it is. Most government "hipsters" hate listenign to cantankerous ol' Paul) you can read the transcript Here.

Here are a few highlights for me in the address:

The Financial Crisis Is a Moral Crisis

Many are now acknowledging that a financial crisis looms but few understand it’s, in reality, a moral crisis. It’s the moral crisis that has allowed our liberties to be undermined and permits the exponential growth of illegal government power. Without a clear understanding of the nature of the crisis it will be difficult to prevent a steady march toward tyranny and the poverty that will accompany it.

Ultimately, the people have to decide which form of government they want; option #1 or option #2. There is no other choice. Claiming there is a choice of a “little” tyranny is like describing pregnancy as a “touch of pregnancy.” It is a myth to believe that a mixture of free markets and government central economic planning is a worthy compromise. What we see today is a result of that type of thinking. And the results speak for themselves.

Under the current circumstances the most we can hope to achieve in the political process is to use it as a podium to reach the people to alert them of the nature of the crisis and the importance of their need to assume responsibility for themselves, if it is liberty that they truly seek. Without this, a constitutionally protected free society is impossible.

If this is true, our individual goal in life ought to be for us to seek virtue and excellence and recognize that self-esteem and happiness only comes from using one’s natural ability, in the most productive manner possible, according to one’s own talents.

Productivity and creativity are the true source of personal satisfaction. Freedom, and not dependency, provides the environment needed to achieve these goals. Government cannot do this for us; it only gets in the way. When the government gets involved, the goal becomes a bailout or a subsidy and these cannot provide a sense of personal achievement.

Achieving legislative power and political influence should not be our goal. Most of the change, if it is to come, will not come from the politicians, but rather from individuals, family, friends, intellectual leaders and our religious institutions. The solution can only come from rejecting the use of coercion, compulsion, government commands, and aggressive force, to mold social and economic behavior. Without accepting these restraints, inevitably the consensus will be to allow the government to mandate economic equality and obedience to the politicians who gain power and promote an environment that smothers the freedoms of everyone. It is then that the responsible individuals who seek excellence and self-esteem by being self-reliance and productive, become the true victims.

Then un-dumbfuckery me: What did he accomplish after a near 1/4 century of being paid a nice salary, supplied a large staff, and accruing a lucrative retirement?

Longtime congressman Ron Paul has always refused to participate in the congressional pension system, labeling it "immoral".[5] North Carolina congressman Howard Coble does not participate in the pension system, either. [6] He campaigned against the system in his first campaign in 1984. See wiki.

Legilation sponsored that did anything he espoused? Maybe the deciding vote on some other critical bill? Or just warm the leather in his seat, at huge tax-payer expense, which will continue until his death?

He got the Audit the Fed bill passed. Even if it was watered down. He changed the entier conversation on the federal reserve issue single handedly.
Hmmm?

You see, TASB, folks are free to oppose anything they wish, and sing it from the mountain tops. Go hog wild. But when they do it on the guvmint nickle, without the slighest regard for what the People's House was and is intended to do, it pisses me off. Fuck the do-nothing hypocrite, IMO.

Keep on dumbfuckerying it up though, fella.

Longtime congressman Ron Paul has always refused to participate in the congressional pension system, labeling it "immoral".[5] North Carolina congressman Howard Coble does not participate in the pension system, either. [6] He campaigned against the system in his first campaign in 1984. See wiki.

He got the Audit the Fed bill passed. Even if it was watered down. He changed the entier conversation on the federal reserve issue single handedly.
Hmmm?

Unfortunately, you'll never get through to most loyal Nanny/Police Staters. However, you might just get through to a few. And that's very important. One day, most will embrace Ron Paul's beliefs. I truly believe that. He is way ahead of his time.

Hmmm?

Those are beauts! And indeed he did not opt for FERS, but CSRS is automatic. He's got a pension. Fact. And at tax-payer expense. Maybe he rejects payments. Maybe. He rails against SS/MC and collects both.

And his bit of feel good legislation, passing with ease among both parties, was little more than fodder for his lame 2012 campaign. Nearly 24 fucking years, and some feel good bit of campaign talking points is YOUR defiinition of accomplishment???

Well then, do tell. What exactly has it changed, and thus the Fed is now doing shit differently, ya think, smart guy?

LM Fucking AO

Last edited:
I think the opposite. You can see how well liked his ideas are in this very thread. Misconception, complete ignorance on the subjects, etc..I think our time in the US to light the falme of liberty has long since past. What will come next? I don't know. But it wont be liberty, limited constitutional government or a nation built on individual responisbility and economic freedom.

Forum List

Back