Ron Paul Wins All of Maines delegates to the RNC in Tampa Romney wins ZERO

You think so, heh?

That's fine. I have no interest in back tracking an entire thread of your big govt. neoliberal opinions on how they should control peoples lives. it's all in the thread. Your ridiculous attempts at insults instead of intelligent discussion only confirm your neoliberal psuedo-conservative view points.

Which you never did. Government laws do not equal fascism/tyranny, however much you want to pretend otherwise.
OTOH, I've already shown that narco-libertarianism is really just a stingy liberalism.

If I want to sell a kidney or commit suicide what business is it of yours?

It is the business of society to not allow the exploitation of people for their bodily organs.

Keeping it illegal prevents this in larger measure than if it were legal.

Adultery is between me and my wife.

Lol, no it isnt or it wouldnt be adultery.

What gives you the right to tell me what my business is? The crime and property degredation that comes with areas that have high prositution are good enough excuses why I have a right to demand my congresscritters keep that shit illegal.

The bestiality and pedophilia arguments are just ridiculous.

People said the same thing about arguments regarding homosexual marriage twenty years ago.

No one is suggesting that the law allow innocents be harmed regardless of whether they think they want to or not. There should be an established age of consent and if you violate that you should face the consequences. The key phrase to remember is "Consenting Adults".

Why are our standards today sacrosanct? Throughout history most young adults that have gone through puberty and were capable of bearing children were allowed to marry and have children.

What is so magically different about 17 as opposed to 18 that makes sex wiith the first statutory rape but the latter is OK?

I am glad we have laws keeping older adults from pursuing young teens, but your logic is a tautology of arbitrary standards.

Kidney sales, suicide, adultery are between consenting parties.

Animal abuse and child abuse don't involve consenting adult parties.

Kidney sales, suicide, adultery are between consenting parties.

How can you KNOW for a fact that a person has sold an organ completely voluntarily on the black market? Besides, people who are poor should not be enticed to give up the few organs they have for lucre. That is always a bad choice unless for a loved one.

And where is the consent in regards to adultery of the spouse cheated against? I doubt that there is any consent there and if there is then there are other much deeper problems.

And suicde should remain illegal so that LEOs have a legal justification to intervene without warrant.

Animal abuse and child abuse don't involve consenting adult parties.

What is an adult animal?

Who decides what is an adult human?

Who gave them that right to make such decisions?

facepalm.jpg

how can a kidney be sold on a black market if it is not illegal? the argument is for legalization. Black markets are the result of planners outlawing things they do not like. Like when food was run by/restricted by the state in Russia and a black market for food was adopted by citizens.

You planners aren't even good at cloaking your planning to central planning haters.

And where is the consent in regards to adultery of the spouse cheated against? I doubt that there is any consent there and if there is then there are other much deeper problems.
Marriage is a funciton of religion, not the state. Therefore there should not be a legal course to making poor decisions. Let their faith and church damn them.

And suicde should remain illegal so that LEOs have a legal justification to intervene without warrant.
Another govt. intervention plan. Nice. Maybe we should work this up some more. Make some more ways the state can intrude on your privacy.

What is an adult animal?

OK, now you're just grasping for straws.

how can a kidney be sold on a black market if it is not illegal? the argument is for legalization. Black markets are the result of planners outlawing things they do not like. Like when food was run by/restricted by the state in Russia and a black market for food was adopted by citizens.

No matter what is legal, there is always some illegal permutation of most goods, from cigarettes to AC units.

If selling your organs were totally legal, there would still be people doing it illegally, and many of the legal sales would be under coersion.

You planners aren't even good at cloaking your planning to central planning haters.

Planners? What the fuck are your talking about?

Marriage is a funciton of religion, not the state. Therefore there should not be a legal course to making poor decisions. Let their faith and church damn them.

So adultery for most marriages is not breach of contract? There is no injured party?

Methinks you are just talking shit.

Another govt. intervention plan. Nice. Maybe we should work this up some more. Make some more ways the state can intrude on your privacy.

Yes, the gopvernment should be able to intrude on your proivacy to enforce the laws of the land. Good God.

What is an adult animal?

OK, now you're just grasping for straws.

Why dont you just answer the fucking questions?

If I want to sell a kidney or commit suicide what business is it of yours?

It is the business of society to not allow the exploitation of people for their bodily organs.

Keeping it illegal prevents this in larger measure than if it were legal.

Adultery is between me and my wife.

Lol, no it isnt or it wouldnt be adultery.

Well I guess you got me there but my point is that if I cheat it is a violation of my commitment to her. It isn't technically illegal anyway now so not sure what the discussion is anymore.

What gives you the right to tell me what my business is? The crime and property degredation that comes with areas that have high prositution are good enough excuses why I have a right to demand my congresscritters keep that shit illegal.

I have the right to choose not to enter into a contract with you. This means that my business is not your business if I say it's not unless I infringe upon your rights.
Basically this comes down to a zoning issue. These establishements need not be seedy. Heidi Fleiss wasn't living in the ghetto. The fact that prostitution is illegal is the main reason it brings down property values. Legalizing drugs would actually lessen the attraction to this line of work because now it is just an easy way to make money under the table to buy crack. Legalizing coke would eliminate the need for crack since crack was invented to maximize the high from coke since it is expensive. Pimps actually use drugs as recruiting tools and since they are the only source they can get girls to do what they want. Legalizing drugs lessens this power as well. Basically this is a local issue and should have no federal involvement.

The bestiality and pedophilia arguments are just ridiculous.

People said the same thing about arguments regarding homosexual marriage twenty years ago.

Santorum? is that you? You are comparing two consenting adults entering into a committed relationship to having sex with animals and kids both of which cannot consent which would be by definition rape. It's apples and oranges.

No one is suggesting that the law allow innocents be harmed regardless of whether they think they want to or not. There should be an established age of consent and if you violate that you should face the consequences. The key phrase to remember is "Consenting Adults".

Why are our standards today sacrosanct? Throughout history most young adults that have gone through puberty and were capable of bearing children were allowed to marry and have children.

What is so magically different about 17 as opposed to 18 that makes sex wiith the first statutory rape but the latter is OK?

I am glad we have laws keeping older adults from pursuing young teens, but your logic is a tautology of arbitrary standards.

Well I agree that the age of consent is somewhat arbitrary and is open to discussion. It has varied throughout history but it seems we have settled on 18 for most things. I think that's a good age but I am not set on it. This is why we have the ability to amend laws. The point I was trying to make though is that people often fall into this trap when thinking about libertarian philosophy. Less government doesn't mean zero laws. It definitely doesn't mean less morality. The government obviously can't force anyone to be moral now not even themselves. Who wants a bunch of assholes in DC deciding what's moral or not anyway?

Even the most intelligent adult animal could never have the mental capacity to understand the ramifications of sex with a human but a human can. Since the human is forcibly imposing its will, it's rape.

Society would determine the age of consent. We can come together and agree on rules but the discussion of libertarianism is really about where you draw the line. The various schools of thought differ on this and that's why there is a political spectrum instead of absolutes as some in this thread seem to believe.

There will always be a black market because a certain percentage of people are thieves. They will always steal and sell the goods cheaper.

Forum List

Back