Ron Paul - Third Party Run?

Again, like you said, in your opinion.

yeah, but if you notice, it's an opinion shared by the lawyers on the board. other than wj (who has issueswith the concepts of people other than white males having rights), most of us know that the constitution was never intended to be read like some fundie's bible and that one can't ignore hundreds of years of stare decisis.

so, it may be an "opinion"... but it's an educated one.

Maybe some of the college babies.. but the rest of the paul people are the white supremacist types that are voting mccain out of no where else to go.

Agreed. Let's hope Bob Barr or Ron Paul spare those people the pain they will experience voting for McCain. :cool:

Second worse thing our country ever did; give women the vote.

Paul never got past the vote rigging in the primaries. Do you think THEY would let him win THE election? You know who I mean...
354245796_00a2b10989_o.gif

Maybe some of the college babies.. but the rest of the paul people are the white supremacist types that are voting mccain out of no where else to go.

Come on jillian, that's unfair. You know what you know about the Paul campaign via internet links to blogs and MSM biased articles.

I have actually INTERACTED with quite a few Paul supporters in the tri-state area, and even upwards towards NH as well. The only time I ever saw anyone claiming white supremacy was at rallies, where all the fray comes out of the woodwork. The majority of RP support is people who are disenchanted with the current direction of the conservative movement within the one party where it was supposed to still have a home...the GOP.

And there's nary a RP supporter who's a fundie Christian. Most know that religion has no place in government. Those idiots voted for Huckabee instead, because they don't really care about conservatism in the true sense, they just want the bible to dictate US law.

I really wish the RP campaign would stop being misrepresented by people who don't have a personal knowledge of it outside of whatever they read on the internet.

Here's a list of all the candidates running for various offices throughout the country right now, that are similar to RP:

http://www.paulcongress.com/Candidates.html

Many of them have a great shot at winning, including BJ Lawson and Murray Sabrin. You may have been able to make indirect links between white supremacy and RP, but I highly doubt you can do that for each of those candidates.

Browse through www.ronpaulforums.com, and show me any kind of white supremacy policy being discussed in relation to RP and the similar candidates. That's probably the main location online for the devoted following of RP.

We're talking demographic realities, not anecdotes. It is absolutely fair to observe, same as (once again), it's fair to observe that Obama gets 90% of the black vote, and the vote of college aged kids as well, and Hillary gets the white working class and older women.

People don't generally "claim" white supremacy when you're talking to them (unless you're part of their group). I'd suggest that even if you met WJ, he wouldn't go that far, though he might talk about why RP's middle east policy was a good thing in HIS view. He'd never have to tell you that he hates Israel and would be perfectly happy seeing it destroyed, but that would be the centerpiece of his warped view that jews run everything.

Just like all of the black supremacist types will be voting for Obama...right?

You're not the only one, Gunny. Lately, however, you seem a little bit peevish at times. :eusa_whistle:

It is not only the extremes. You can't discuss politics with just about anyone without people getting pissed off. I don't remember it like this in the good old daze.:sad:

And you are a poster child for this on this board. Please spare us the feigned outrage and regret, you practice hate and spew it in every thread. Are you really Rodney King? " Can't we all just get along?"

Forum List

Back