Ron Paul : Stop Dreaming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by coolgeee, Sep 19, 2008.

1. coolgeee

coolgeee Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Congressman Paul's consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, "Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers' ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are." Another colleague observed, "There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles. Ron Paul is one of those few."

watch him here:
    Ron Paul : Stop Dreaming

2. HoleInTheVoid

HoleInTheVoid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I just can't see John Adams, Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamiltin or George Washington hanging out with Alex Jones.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    I agree. Stop dreaming Ron Paul. You had your chance. You lost.

4. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    I'm not sure what your point is here?

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,361
    Neither is he, don't worry.

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,361
    While I certianly don't support being linked in any way, shape, or form to Alex Jones, how exactly does that have ANYTHING to do with Paul's platform? He's a dyed in the wool fiscal conservative, who happens to disagree with mainstream conservative foreign policy. What's so god damn different about the guy? That he's not afraid to stray from the safety of the mainstream? Isn't it about TIME we had someone like that in office?

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    No. Ron Paul hasn't been consistent. He whines about earmarks and then takes them for HIS district. I wouldn't mind, except for his pretence at being something other than a poltiician.

It would also be really nice if he had a clue about Constitutional construction. The pseudo experts are really dangerous.

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,361
    Jillian, congresspeople are supposed to represent their district. Getting funding for projects that will boost the economy are one of those duties. They represent their constituents. Paul's earmarks are almost nil compared to the raping and pillaging of most other members of congress. He also clearly identifies his earmarks, and does not bury them in bills that have nothing to do with appropriations, otherwise. Besides, how many damn bills that he introduces (the most in congress) actually get a passing glance, let alone make it out of committee?

As far as the constitutional issue goes, that is of course your partisan opinion, which you are entitled to.

I'm surprised you didn't throw in how much he hates blacks and jews. :rolleyes:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    I wish Ron Paul were on the ballot. He certainly wouldn't support the buyouts of these banks. As for Alex Jones, he interviews a lot of people. He INTERVIEWED Ron Paul. He also interviewed Noam Chomsky and Pat Buchanan. None of these three men think Bush put explosives in the World Trade Center. Bill O'Reilly interviewed Obama. Does Obama support Bill O'Reilly?

10. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Think what you want about Dr. Paul, but this is a man that foresaw this financial crisis 5 years ago. Now all of a sudden the media is interested in him, his ideas aren't so "nuts" anymore I guess.