Jesus & Madison. Wisdom Is As Wisdom Does

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I have long argued that charitable deductions are a violation of the first 10 words in the:

First Amendment​

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.​

The charitable tax deduction overrides the First Amendment.

Short of legally defining every private and government charity a religion, the only way to enforce the First Amendment is to repeal the Income Tax Amendment. Repeal is not on the radar screen; nevertheless, the tax code can eliminate the charitable deduction. That will prevent tax dollars from going to every organized religion, every charity, every political cause, every subsidy, and every entity traded on Wall Street that receives tax dollars directly and indirectly until the XVI Amendment is repealed.

These two articles are courageous addressing a topic that is seldom mentioned in print, and never on television. Unfortunately, they stop short of calling for repealing the XVI Amendment:

A Snopes.com article attempting to discredit a Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group news story revealing that millions of Department of State tax dollars were sent to a charity created by Secretary of State John Kerry’s daughter was loaded with factual errors and omissions.

The Peace Corps awarded more than $9 million of State Department money to Dr. Vanessa Kerry’s nonprofit for a program she established in conjunction with officials from both agencies. Most of those funds were awarded while Kerry’s father was the nation’s chief diplomat.​

CAUGHT: Snopes Deliberately Omits Key Details To Protect Kerry’s State Dept.
Ethan Barton
7:05 PM 12/09/2016

CAUGHT: Snopes Deliberately Omits Key Details To Protect Kerry’s State Dept.

Parenthetically, the Peace Corps is itself a fraud.

AmeriCorps is the domestic counterpart of that International fraud funded by taxpayers —— the Peace Corps. The worst kind of touchy-feely bums “volunteered” to save the world but did they really volunteer?

A stint in the Peace Corps guaranteed patronage from congressional Democrats after a “paid volunteer” returned from saving the natives in a Third World village. Looking at today’s world according to UN charity hustlers, poverty is increasing, illiteracy is rampant as is disease, hunger, and brutality. So the world can hardly be called peaceful. Question: What the hell did Peace Corps volunteers ever accomplish other than documenting their worthless efforts in order to enhance their résumés?​

NOTE: The XVI Amendment (1913) put teeth in the charity racket:

During a 75-year period (1884-1969) the U.S. Tax Code “established the basic principles and requirements of tax exemption, identified business activities of tax-exempt organizations that were subject to taxation, and defined and regulated private foundations as a sub-set for tax-exempt organizations.” Their assets have increased enormously since then. It’s time for another look at the law with an end to rewrite it.​

December 11, 2016
Big, Very Rich and Dangerous: Time to Rein in Private Charitable Foundations
By Clarice Feldman

Articles: Big, Very Rich and Dangerous: Time to Rein in Private Charitable Foundations

Finally, I often quoted a few views of the men who created this country. Every time I read their thoughts I become certain that their direction is more necessary today than it was hundreds of years ago.

With respect to the two words ‘general welfare,’ I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators. James Madison

XXXXX

An elective despotism was not the government we fought for; but one in which the powers of government should be so divided and balanced among the several bodies of magistracy as that no one could transcend their legal limits without being effectually checked and restrained by the others. James Madison

XXXXX

Our tenet ever was that Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated, and that, as it was never meant that they should provide for that welfare but by the exercise of the enumerated powers, so it could not have been meant they should raise money for purposes which the enumeration did not place under their action; consequently, that the specification of powers is a limitation of the purposes for which they may raise money. Thomas Jefferson letter to Albert Gallatin, 1817

XXXXX

If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one.... James Madison

XXXXX

In 1794, when Congress appropriated $15,000 for relief of French refugees who fled from insurrection in San Domingo to Baltimore and Philadelphia, James Madison stood on the floor of the House to object saying, "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." James Madison

XXXXX

I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. Benjamin Franklin

The wisdom Jesus Christ handed down 2,000 years ago is justifiably set in stone. Correct me if I am wrong, but Jesus never advocated government charity. The wisdom America’s Founding Fathers built into the US Constitution deserves no less.

Agree Flanders
We'd have to change the tax laws to prevent govt from regulating religious choices,
exempting some while charging others.

I'd say one shortcut is to recognize political parties similar to political religions.
If everyone could organize their programs they want to pay taxes to
COLLECTIVELY through parties, that would save on hassle especially
in reforming govt to give taxpayers a choice of programs to fund.

this could be organized faster and more streamlined by party
instead of just cutting federal laws and funding and not setting
up organized means for citizens to redirect their resources
to save the programs they want to keep funding and supporting!

Not all charities are religion based...

... many are based on events such as...

... hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, disease, tornadoes, etc.

Consta wut tion?

What is this strange document you speak of?

And who in the hell is Madison and this man Jesus you speak of?

Now I know about the Kardasheans and Beyoncé but outside that I'm a little clueless.

Agree Flanders
We'd have to change the tax laws to prevent govt from regulating religious choices, exempting some while charging others.
To emilyngheim: Exactly what do you agree with? Certainly not this:

Short of legally defining every private and government charity a religion, the only way to enforce the First Amendment is to repeal the Income Tax Amendment. Repeal is not on the radar screen; nevertheless, the tax code can eliminate the charitable deduction. That will prevent tax dollars from going to every organized religion, every charity, every political cause, every subsidy, and every entity traded on Wall Street that receives tax dollars directly and indirectly until the XVI Amendment is repealed.
reforming govt to give taxpayers a choice of programs to fund.
save the programs they want to keep funding and supporting!
Exactly how would you allow individual taxpayers to NOT fund programs they object to?

See the Eric Hoffer quote following my signature.

Forum List

Back