Todd Palin: 'first dude' or 'shadow governor?'

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Good read.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- He's the man Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin affectionately calls her "first dude."

Todd Palin was introduced to the nation at the Republican National Convention as a blue-collar oil worker, a laid-back father of five and a world-record-holding snowmobile racer.

Todd and Sarah met in high school at a basketball game and eloped in 1988, six years after graduation. Todd grew up in Alaska and is part Eskimo. He's an avid outdoorsman and champion of the Iron Dog snowmobile race.

He's worked in Alaska's oil industry and as a fisherman. But in recent times, he's had another role. Some call him the "Shadow Governor."

In government circles and among the family's acquaintances, Todd Palin is known as his wife's greatest adviser and most loyal protector. One family friend said, "Todd is incredibly supportive and is willing to do whatever it takes to help Sarah."

Todd Palin: 'first dude' or 'shadow governor?' - CNN.com

He was cc'd on Palin's government emails, presumably because she relies on his opinion.

Is that legal, do any of the knowledgeable people here know? I have no reason to think it isn't but the thread I started links an article where it looks like it might not be?

he is neither, it is just more specutlation by hate mongerers something else to rattle on about.

Good read.

Those Pentacostal churches Sarah and the First Dude attend, teach their women to be submissive to their husbands. The woman's role, as they see it, is first and foremost to obey and submit to their husband.

I'm not at all surprised Sarah has the first Dude attending meetings, and giving him a big role in government. In fact, if they are the typical pentacostals, the First Dude probably gets the final say on what she does.

He was cc'd on Palin's government emails, presumably because she relies on his opinion.

Is that legal, do any of the knowledgeable people here know? I have no reason to think it isn't but the thread I started links an article where it looks like it might not be?

I don't know about illegal, but it certainly seems relevant whether or not he has undue influence over policy, considering no one ever voted for him. I'm sure anyone in office confides in their spouse, but to have the communication apparently on such a formal basis does seem questionable.

I don't know about illegal, but it certainly seems relevant whether or not he has undue influence over policy, considering no one ever voted for him. I'm sure anyone in office confides in their spouse, but to have the communication apparently on such a formal basis does seem questionable.

Remember when everyone was screaming about Hillary being too much in evidence, about "policy?" And then when Laura was the "right kind" of "first" as she "stayed home sweeping the porch?"

Todd's "place" in all of this is to stay home and be the "house husband, see to the CHILDREN, make them behave," and serve tea to Congressional wives!

Those Pentacostal churches Sarah and the First Dude attend, teach their women to be submissive to their husbands. The woman's role, as they see it, is first and foremost to obey and submit to their husband.

I'm not at all surprised Sarah has the first Dude attending meetings, and giving him a big role in government. In fact, if they are the typical pentacostals, the First Dude probably gets the final say on what she does.

Did you read that on Huffington post or something? :cuckoo:

Maybe the first dude is taking lessons from Cheney.

Here's a prediction if McInsane gets into the White House......

After a couple of months, the first dude is going to start talking to his wife about being president. He then goes and hides in a closet close to the Oval Office, just as McInsane is showing up for work, scares him, and McInsane has a heart attack and drops dead.

Sarah is then made president, and, upon being appointed, she chooses her husband as VP, thereby cementing his role as Dark Lord of the Sith part II, Son of Cheney.

Let the shadow play start.......

There is NOTHING "dude" about HER.:eusa_hand:

:eusa_eh: Looks can be deceiving. :doubt: If by some snowball's chance in hell she should become the "vice president" ... just watch her dude'ness come out. McCain will not know what hit him, and he will not only have a swollen left jaw he will probably have a matching swollen right jaw from her :slap: him along the side of his head!

:lol:

ooooooooooh run everybody runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and hide there is a Pentacostal!! oh god help us all!!:cuckoo:

scaring all the little liberals and atheists, maybe she can scare Immadinnajacket... hee hee heeee

Why? If you don't read the Huffington Post, you don't know what Pentacostals are??

I just find it funny that Liberals are arrogant enough to profess to be the self proclaimed "experts" on all religions and the Bible,yet are always wrong.

See Biden and Pelosi's smack down by the Catholic bishops for trying to "claim" they are the authority on the Caltholic doctorine for a HUGE example of this.

Last edited:
I think they share the same views on a lot of things, and it is not news that spouses have a lot of say on public policy. It has been the case since the days of Abigail Adams, and some wives had a huge influence. Edith Wilson was supposed to have been the actual person in charge from the time of her husband's stroke. Francis Cleveland was also supposed to have been deeply involved in policy, even though she was pretty young.

Todd Palin likes the attention his wife is getting. She is enjoying herself tremendously. He is going to do his level best to help her any way he can not only for his own interest, but because it sounds like they are close and he will anything for her.

That probably means that he will stay out of discussions that are above his pay grade. He probably won't do nuance, but that is not the style of either of them.

Forum List

Back