Ron Paul Should Run as a Third Party Choice.

I don't think someone is a moron if they don't agree with that. The Federal Reserve is a complicated entity, along with monetary policy in general. I don't expect everyone to understand it well enough to have an informed opinion either way.

The Fed could actually serve the people if it conducted monetary policy in a more favorable way, by not intervening in every single fucking thing that happens to the economy. Not guaranteeing Treasury purchases in the seconday market would help potentially reign in government spending as the market demand for bonds decreased and the government was then FORCED to be austere.

Fair enough. We are not going to eliminate the Federal reserve system unless, of course, everything collapses and we go back to bartering with chickens.

You could take away every single regulation on the books, and as long as the Fed still controls monetary policy this is not a free market. So I'm just not sure why your Federal Reserve example in attempting to point out totalitarianism was valid. The Federal Reserve itself is a perfect tool for a totalitarian government that seeks to control everything.

At the end of the day, the Fed controls the value of the dollar, and thereby the state of the economy.

False.

I am free to think you are a moron and you are free to think I am a moron. We are even still free to say so. Libertarians would like you remain free to think and say what you feel and you think this is somehow totalitarian.

If you snapped your fingers and had a perfect Libertarian law state, would you prevent locals from banding together and starting a taxpayer supported soup kitchen welfare program that the majority deemed to be a good idea for 'the greater good'?

Would you stop such a thing from being voted upon and passed, or would you be willing to watch your Libertarian society fall apart and rendered completely unworkable?

Those are your choices. Pick one.

A law authorizing the state to violate my rights by stealing my property for the purpose of redistrinution would be unconstitutional in a libertarian government.

Fair enough. We are not going to eliminate the Federal reserve system unless, of course, everything collapses and we go back to bartering with chickens.

You could take away every single regulation on the books, and as long as the Fed still controls monetary policy this is not a free market. So I'm just not sure why your Federal Reserve example in attempting to point out totalitarianism was valid. The Federal Reserve itself is a perfect tool for a totalitarian government that seeks to control everything.

At the end of the day, the Fed controls the value of the dollar, and thereby the state of the economy.

False.

The Federal Reserve's task is to maintain stable pricing, and they do that by controlling the supply of money and dictating the supply and demand of it. They don't always have 100% control over the result, but they're the only entity that can make the policy.

I am free to think you are a moron and you are free to think I am a moron. We are even still free to say so. Libertarians would like you remain free to think and say what you feel and you think this is somehow totalitarian.

If you snapped your fingers and had a perfect Libertarian law state, would you prevent locals from banding together and starting a taxpayer supported soup kitchen welfare program that the majority deemed to be a good idea for 'the greater good'?

Would you stop such a thing from being voted upon and passed, or would you be willing to watch your Libertarian society fall apart and rendered completely unworkable?

A law authorizing the state to violate my rights by stealing my property for the purpose of redistrinution would be unconstitutional in a libertarian government.

Seig Heil!

Seig Heil!

What are you trying to prove? You don't agree that the state should have no authority to seize property for redistribution?

Seig Heil!

So protecting freedom of the individual is in your mind is oppressive? Welcome to doublethink 101.

Seig Heil!

What are you trying to prove? You don't agree that the state should have no authority to seize property for redistribution?
15096135.jpg

False.

The Federal Reserve's task is to maintain stable pricing, and they do that by controlling the supply of money and dictating the supply and demand of it. They don't always have 100% control over the result, but they're the only entity that can make the policy.

They control the money supply, but there are many different elements the effect the greenback.

Interest rates have been 0 for so long, Q E 1 and Q E 2, and opperation twist. We still haven't seen anything close to the hyper inflation levels we've been warned about, from the likes of RP.

False.

Stability is certainly (one of) the purported goals of the Federal Reserve. As a currency trader, I am here to tell you they don't control the value of the dollar.

Stability is certainly (one of) the purported goals of the Federal Reserve. As a currency trader, I am here to tell you they don't control the value of the dollar.

The currency market affects the value of currencies in exchange rates, but has very little to do with YOY price levels for goods and services in the US.

They control the money supply, but there are many different elements the effect the greenback.

Interest rates have been 0 for so long, Q E 1 and Q E 2, and opperation twist. We still haven't seen anything close to the hyper inflation levels we've been warned about, from the likes of RP.

Who's talking about hyperinflation? We're simply talking about the Fed affecting price levels, vis a vis the value of the dollar.

The currency market affects the value of currencies in exchange rates, but has very little to do with YOY price levels for goods and services in the US.

Ever hear of.... imports?

Forum List

Back