Ron Paul Should Run as a Third Party Choice.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and a small l libertarian.

I think a fed can work, I don't think going back to the gold standard is the only path, it's just a fact that THIS version of a fed doesn't work. Look how unstable our economy is.

I've said that many times, in discussions with other Ron Paul supporters and other libertrarians.

None have ever wanted me booted out of the "club" or ever voiced to me that I wasn't a good RP supporter or libertarian.

Any other stupid ass assumptions about libertarians that need squashed? That totalitarian was too easy, bring a challenge.

I don't think someone is a moron if they don't agree with that. The Federal Reserve is a complicated entity, along with monetary policy in general. I don't expect everyone to understand it well enough to have an informed opinion either way.

The Fed could actually serve the people if it conducted monetary policy in a more favorable way, by not intervening in every single fucking thing that happens to the economy. Not guaranteeing Treasury purchases in the seconday market would help potentially reign in government spending as the market demand for bonds decreased and the government was then FORCED to be austere.

Fair enough. We are not going to eliminate the Federal reserve system unless, of course, everything collapses and we go back to bartering with chickens.

You could take away every single regulation on the books, and as long as the Fed still controls monetary policy this is not a free market. So I'm just not sure why your Federal Reserve example in attempting to point out totalitarianism was valid. The Federal Reserve itself is a perfect tool for a totalitarian government that seeks to control everything.

At the end of the day, the Fed controls the value of the dollar, and thereby the state of the economy.

There is no such thing as a Free Market. Eliminate control and we will end up with monopolies and Paul will be work for $3.25 hour for 60 hours a week without benefits.

Libertarianism is merely the flip side of communism: humans controlled by a "society of equals" instead of humans controlled by collectives.

I'd love Ron Paul to do a third party run. He'd strip off all those tea baggers, faux libertarians, and extremist knuckleheads that don't think the GOP is far enough to the right. He'd probably pick off some corporatists as well.

I'd love it, because I know he can't win.

The last thing America needs is to revert to Henry Cabot Lodge isolationism, in a world where international trade is the new economy. Even Greenspan came to find that his dogmatic philosophy of Ayn Rand was foolish. The corporatists are pretty dumb not to realize that "take the money and run" is going to play itself out in any market that doesn't have the checks and balances of people's government. Economic darwinism is fine if the playing field is level, and the excesses don't result in significant poverty of the masses. Political isolationism is fine, if it doesn't result in the US getting hosed by those mixed economies, who could really care less about things like unemployment.

I think a fed can work, I don't think going back to the gold standard is the only path, it's just a fact that THIS version of a fed doesn't work. Look how unstable our economy is.

I hereby revoke your Libertarian card.

The Federal Reserve's task is to maintain stable pricing, and they do that by controlling the supply of money and dictating the supply and demand of it. They don't always have 100% control over the result, but they're the only entity that can make the policy.

They control the money supply, but there are many different elements the effect the greenback.

Interest rates have been 0 for so long, Q E 1 and Q E 2, and opperation twist. We still haven't seen anything close to the hyper inflation levels we've been warned about, from the likes of RP.

Who's talking about hyperinflation? We're simply talking about the Fed affecting price levels, vis a vis the value of the dollar.

Fair enough, but you said controlled. Affecting and controlling are two different things.

Fair enough. We are not going to eliminate the Federal reserve system unless, of course, everything collapses and we go back to bartering with chickens.

You could take away every single regulation on the books, and as long as the Fed still controls monetary policy this is not a free market. So I'm just not sure why your Federal Reserve example in attempting to point out totalitarianism was valid. The Federal Reserve itself is a perfect tool for a totalitarian government that seeks to control everything.

At the end of the day, the Fed controls the value of the dollar, and thereby the state of the economy.

There is no such thing as a Free Market. Eliminate control and we will end up with monopolies and Paul will be work for $3.25 hour for 60 hours a week without benefits.

Libertarianism is merely the flip side of communism: humans controlled by a "society of equals" instead of humans controlled by collectives.

Both doomed to failure without totalitarian control.

Nothing has done more to promote monopolies than our regulatory policies.

We stifle competition in the marketplace and expect that not to perpetuate monopolies by the likes of Monsanto, Wal-Mart, Big Pharma, etc.

Well i guess that was a better reply than you pulling out your comic strips.

They control the money supply, but there are many different elements the effect the greenback.

Interest rates have been 0 for so long, Q E 1 and Q E 2, and opperation twist. We still haven't seen anything close to the hyper inflation levels we've been warned about, from the likes of RP.

Who's talking about hyperinflation? We're simply talking about the Fed affecting price levels, vis a vis the value of the dollar.

Fair enough, but you said controlled. Affecting and controlling are two different things.

I never said the Fed controlled the value completely. But they have the most acute control over it in a micro managing capacity.

I've said that many times, in discussions with other Ron Paul supporters and other libertrarians.

None have ever wanted me booted out of the "club" or ever voiced to me that I wasn't a good RP supporter or libertarian.

Any other stupid ass assumptions about libertarians that need squashed? That totalitarian was too easy, bring a challenge.

I think a Fed run by more competent people not connected to the big private industry banks, such as Walter Williams, Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers, etc, would be LIGHT YEARS better than what we have now.

If I never got to see the Fed end in my lifetime, I'd die a happy man at least knowing that someone trustworthy and sane was running the show.

We stifle competition in the marketplace and expect that not to perpetuate monopolies by the likes of Monsanto, Wal-Mart, Big Pharma, etc.

Wrong. Unregulated markets will not end monopolies. Don't dodge the point. And our regulations do prevent workers from be completely exploited by owners.

I think a Fed run by more competent people not connected to the big private industry banks, such as Walter Williams, Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers, etc, would be LIGHT YEARS better than what we have now.

If I never got to see the Fed end in my lifetime, I'd die a happy man at least knowing that someone trustworthy and sane was running the show.

James Madison had similar thoughts, until he had to depend on local militias to fight off a professional army. He changed his mind pretty quick when Washington was razed, and he and Dolly had to run like hell.

Neocon butt boys have no say over who does or doesn't get their Libertarian Card, junior.

Wrong. Unregulated markets will not end monopolies. Don't dodge the point. And our regulations do prevent workers from be completely exploited by owners.

You're on here pretending having a regulated market like we have here in the U.S. prevents or even slows down the forming of monopolies. You think there's great competition in the banking/credit card/insurance companies and energy companies? Hell no. The corporations who can afford to line the pockets of our beloved 2 parties the most get whatever they want in terms of legislation.

I dunno about you, but I know if americans being worked to death in a Wal Mart warehouse making 50 cents an hour, I'd go across the streeto to their competitor even if it costs more. I don't need gov't regulations to determine where I shop.

Do the Libertariantards always keep about 3 'why I am a Libertarian' threads going in here at all times?

Seems to me they might have some issues with insecurity.

Do the Libertariantards always keep about 3 'why I am a Libertarian' threads going in here at all times?

Seems to me they might have some issues with insecurity.

The short answer would be yes.

I never took that position. Are you retarded?

Do you have a point in bringing it up then?

Yes. Libertarians are totalitarian fools who think anyone who does not agree we should 'end the Fed' are morons.

I assume you have a better reason for calling libertarians totalitarians than they think people who disagree with them are wrong. If that's the definition of a totalitarian than everybody who has ever lived has been a totalitarian.

Forum List

Back