Taking a shot at their own? Wisconsin union portrays Democratic mayor as Walker ally

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Lions, eating their own. Not overly surprising.

Taking A Shot At Their Own? Wisconsin Union Portrays Democratic Mayor As Walker Ally | Fox News
Wisconsin Democrats, in selecting who will challenge Republican Gov. Scott Walker in the state's upcoming recall election, are engaging in a tough fight of their own -- pitting two top Democrats against each other, with unions' influence looming large.

The state’s largest public employee union, AFSCME, directed members to a video blog about recall candidate Tom Barrett, the Milwaukee mayor. The video deceptively paints the picture that Barrett is in synch with Walker, the arch enemy of Wisconsin’s left for his legislation limiting public unions' power.

Barrett is shown shaking hands with Walker. The photo was taken when the two opponents debated, and the video creates the impression that Barrett gave Walker the strategy to force union-crippling legislation through without the return of 14 senators who had fled to Illinois.

This is not about party. Walker's actions are not anathema because he is a Republican, but because of what those actions are.

This is not about party. Walker's actions are not anathema because he is a Republican, but because of what those actions are.

And his actions essentially saved the state. They saved teachers jobs. They saved money. They reduced the power of corrupt unions.

Sounds like WI did ok electing Walker.

Yeah. I mean the audacity of the man to save the state. He should have just continued spending without restraint so the corrupt in Wisconsin can profit off the labor of others like the Democrats do. How dare he do what he campaigned on doing and what the people elected him to do?! Doesnt he realize they have a nice rigged system in place specifically to rob the people?

And his actions essentially saved the state. They saved teachers jobs. They saved money. They reduced the power of corrupt unions.

That's your opinion. We will see how the people of Wisconsin feel about it in future elections. In any case, I was addressing the party membership of the mayor in question, which is irrelevant.

That's your opinion. We will see how the people of Wisconsin feel about it in future elections. In any case, I was addressing the party membership of the mayor in question, which is irrelevant.

The first is certainly my opinion. The saving of teacher jobs and money for the state are facts.

Yeah. I mean the audacity of the man to save the state. He should have just continued spending without restraint so the corrupt in Wisconsin can profit off the labor of others like the Democrats do. How dare he do what he campaigned on doing and what the people elected him to do?! Doesnt he realize they have a nice rigged system in place specifically to rob the people?

Well, yeah, until you came along and spilled the beans.

Why are democrats afraid of the people?

It is a fair question as the need to form unions is for protection.

The first is certainly my opinion. The saving of teacher jobs and money for the state are facts.

That still has no relevance to the party of the mayor you cited in your OP.

That still has no relevance to the party of the mayor you cited in your OP.

Of course there is. The Dems and the unions are the ones who forced the recall, now the unions are ripping a Dem that was thought to be the one to challenge Walker. Again, this next part is my opinion only, but my opinion is that the unions discovered they didn't have or wouldn't have as much control over Barrett as they had thought.

If the folks in WI don't like what Walker done then he will get the boot.

On the other hand if they like saving jobs and money he will be left in office.

Of course all this recall bs is just that, bullshit and such a wast of Union dues paying members money.

They could have waited for Walkers re-election bid and saved themselves a pile of money.

Oh wait. I don't give a shit. Let em waste all that money.

If the folks in WI don't like what Walker done then he will get the boot.

And they don't, and he will.

It's difficult to recall and oust a sitting governor, though. If he survives this challenge, he'll definitely be voted out at the next regular election.

You seem pretty sure of that.

Personally I think your gonna be one disappointed Dragon.

Forum List

Back