Ron Paul: Obama Presidency On The Verge Of Being A "Dictatorship"

but it is considered a law.....And if Congress disagrees with it they can veto it or amend it.

You are confused.

Executive Orders are directives by the CEO of the nation to the departments and agencies that report to him. Congress cannot "amend" an EO as it is not a law and does not pass through the legislative process. The president has veto power over legislation. Congress does not have veto power over legislation created by the executive, as the executive has no constitutional authority to create legislation.

Obama has violated the constitution, he has perverted the EO into legislation by fiat; and for that he should be impeached and removed from office. That other presidents have pushed this line before, does not alter anything. Obama went drastically further and arrogantly flaunted his contempt for the constitution he is sworn to uphold.

Uncensored is a blithering idiot (a blathering one as well) when it comes to the Constitution, American history, American jurisprudence, and common sense. Uncensored's silly comments about EO's proves my point.

Paul can chatter like a mindless chipmunk all day, and, like Uncensored, it all means nothing.

Uncensored again proves my point: his comments are worthless because they are so informed. However, in that he has much in common with Tank. Maybe Uncensored can try, like Palin, writing notes on his hand.

just because it goes to court does not make it illegal stupid.

It's not "illegal," it's "unconstitutional." In creating legislation, Obama has violated article one, section one, of the United States Constitution. That you are unfamiliar with the document and hold it in contempt does not alter this fact.

We have allowed Presidents to issue EO's since Washington.

So what?

We have allowed men to own knives since the founding of the nation, that doesn't mean you can stab your significant other death.

Sorry once again you are wrong.

No, I most certainly am not. EO's are designed as a vehicle for directing federal agencies, not as a means of creating law.

no you dont and it shows by what you are saying.
Obama has Every right to issue EO's. I defended Bushes right to do it, and i'll defend any future Presidents right to issue these. They may be wrong but he has the right to try...

This doesnt make Obama or Bush or anyone a Dictator.

I know precisely what I'm saying.. you're the one talking out both sides of your mouth. You either support the Constitution or you say to hell with the law.

then you dont know because you know obama has the right to do this.

No he doesn't.. Nor does any sitting US President.. INFINITY. ;-)

There ain't no ON THE VERGE about it.

This man believes himself one. Him and his Comrades in arms administration think they can do anything they damn well please, including putting TAXES (Christmas trees) on the people WITHOUT Congress..

WAKE UP PEOPLE

I'd like a leftwinglunatic to explain how the wh got the power to tax Christmas Tress if not for the Dick Tater who lives there.. we'll wait.

Another one that doesn't keep up.

Well he did announce he would no longer be working with Congress. I guess many weren't paying attention. Too busy plopped on their couches drooling on their cheetos watching The View or Oprah. I've been paying attention though. This stuff is not good for the country.

Why should he work with Congress?? He should have thrown them to the curb long ago. He did everything but sing to those idiots. Now he decided he's not going to put up with their stupid crap anymore. Thank God!!! Good for the prez!!!

You are the one that's not paying attention. I think you're the one that's a couch flopper.

If a Republican President had announced he would no longer be working with Congress,the Democrats and MSM would be screeching bloody murder and demanding immediate Impeachment. So his supporters should just pretend he's a Republican and then react. I think that would bring out the honesty & integrity in them.

Really?? And would the Republicans be sceaming bloody murder if Democrats said that the single most important thing for them to achieve in the new Congress is to make sure a Republican president doesn't get a second term???

So I wouldn't keep talking about Obama not wanting to work with Congress. It's stupid. The culprit is your ignorant turtle faced senator and his idiot cronies. Not the president.

Been headin this way for awhile. It's always that "Yea he's a Dictator but he's OUR Dictator" mentality. This President already announced he will no longer be working with Congress. He's so confident Americans are so dumbed-down and lazy that he just came out in public and brazenly announced it. Sad stuff for sure.

Nonsense.

Obama has been FAR MORE willing to work with Republicans that Bush was to work with Democrats after the 2006 midterm election.

And speaking of dictatorship, in general, do you recall what Bush said after the 2000 election yet prior to taking office?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3xfT0c99g]Bush Dictator - YouTube[/ame]

And how about when Bush said he was the decider?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMeHmlxE9s]BUSH - THE DECIDER - YouTube[/ame]

THAT is the way a person talks if he has a tendency toward being dictatorial.

Any questions?

Well he did announce he would no longer be working with Congress. I guess many weren't paying attention. Too busy plopped on their couches drooling on their cheetos watching The View or Oprah. I've been paying attention though. This stuff is not good for the country.

Why should he work with Congress?? He should have thrown them to the curb long ago. He did everything but sing to those idiots. Now he decided he's not going to put up with their stupid crap anymore. Thank God!!! Good for the prez!!!

You are the one that's not paying attention. I think you're the one that's a couch flopper.

Yep
Dick Tater.

Try and keep up. The Christmas tree tax is not going to happen.

Another one that doesn't keep up.

The right has no intent of ‘keeping up’ For conservatives if you repeat the lie often enough it becomes ‘true’ to The Base.

Otherwise, as noted in the other GOP whining thread on the subject: if you believe the president has acted in an un-Constitutional manner, file suit in Federal court or stop complaining.

"My Dictator is better than your Dictator." That's pretty much what most have been reduced to. Their Freedom & Liberty is slipping away. Why don't they care? I just can't understand the Big Government crowd.

Last edited:
One last time, where in the Constitution does it allow for Congress to give powers to the President of the United States? It doesn't and it never should. No one group of men should ever have that kind of power, to usurp the Constitution along party lines and give power to a sitting President over party and issue politics. Separation of Powers is there for a reason. Congress has NO AUTHORITY to grant the President of the United States authority to create and pass laws.

One last time. That's BULLSHIT. Congress never gave the president the authority to create and pass laws. It's FALSE on the face of it, because someone like you would have already challenged it and the USSC ruled on it. Since they haven't, it's obvious to me and anyone without partisan blinders on, that you're... WRONG AGAIN!!!

The executive order is treated as law. why have an executive order if it can't be enforced?

Executive orders can't replace legislation. Otherwise, there's no point in having a Congress or a Senate. We would just have a dictator.

One last time. That's BULLSHIT. Congress never gave the president the authority to create and pass laws. It's FALSE on the face of it, because someone like you would have already challenged it and the USSC ruled on it. Since they haven't, it's obvious to me and anyone without partisan blinders on, that you're... WRONG AGAIN!!!

The executive order is treated as law. why have an executive order if it can't be enforced?

Executive orders can't replace legislation. Otherwise, there's no point in having a Congress or a Senate. We would just have a dictator.

Exactly!!!!

Forum List

Back