Ron Paul: Israel Encouraged and Started Hamas

Yes it is always a tough call though. What is the right and ethical thing to do? U.S. reluctance to get into WWII probably cost many lives. And many lives were saved because we finally were forced into becoming part of it. Think what the world might have looked like if we had not? It is unlikely without us the allies would have prevailed.

All that happened because of the desire to keep Germany beaten down after WWI.

Isolationism, national policy of avoiding political or economic entanglements with other countries. (Encyclopedia Britannica)

non-interventionist. Friends and trading partners with all willing nations. Not getting involved in the inner workings of their government.

You can't be an isolationist and support global trade. RP supports global trade.

“Ron Paul explains that Israel started and encouraged Hamas to rise against Yasser Arafat.”

The great Ron Paul the libertarian who stands up for individual rights and common sense approach to government… provides his to take on Israelpalestine.

Exhibit #1 in why I dislike, intently, liberturdians

You can't be an isolationist and support global trade. RP supports global trade.

I was going to touch on that, at the very least, but this is one of those discussions I've had a thousand times and just didn't feel like it. I've got stuff to do today.

But your point accurately reflects the how and the why, rather than relegating the term to the generic ''what.''

And that's how it should be understood.

Libertarians are waffling mofos. Someone tells me they're Libertarian I immediately think they have no backbone

Okay. So we're gonna turn this thread into another one of those pecker wagging contests attacking people rather than points of view that are dominating the rest of the board?

Is that what you wanna do? If so, then why? And if so, then, what would you hope to gain by it?

They learn from past mistakes?

Q: What do you think of the libertarian movement?

Ayn Rand: All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies who are anarchists instead of leftist collectivists; but anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism. That’s worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. Anarchists are the scum of the intellectual world of the Left, which has given them up. So the Right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the libertarian movement. [FHF 71]

Ron's a non-interventionist.

Dictionary definitions are rather irrelevant when we're applicably speaking.

Applicably speaking, there are principles involved.

The what and the why.

I remember a ways back on here we were debating the concept of liberty in America.

Someone gave me a dictionary definition for liberty.

Now...that simply will not due. Again...there are principles involved...particularly as the cause of liberty in America is premised upon the principles that define it.

The fruits of liberty and the primary foundation for moral code are Indivisible and cannot be accepted or rejected piece meal.

I offer this for the sake of illustration, of course, but that's what generic dictionary definitions do. They compartmentalize and therefore trivialize concepts in the interest of...oh...let's call it equity.
Nevertheless, Ron and Rand Paul are isolationists according to how I and the Encyclopedia Britannica define that. If you define it differently that's your prerogative but don't insist that I use your word instead of mine please. I won't let the woke require me to use their definitions/words/pronouns for things either.

Having said that non-interventionist and isolationist are pretty well defined the same way:

United States non-interventionism primarily refers to the foreign policy that was eventually applied by the United States between the late 18th century and the first half of the 20th century whereby it sought to avoid alliances with other nations in order to prevent itself from being drawn into wars

Okay. So we're gonna turn this thread into another one of those pecker wagging contests attacking people rather than points of view that are dominating the rest of the board?

Is that what you wanna do? If so, then why? And if so, then, what would you hope to gain by it?

I don't have a "pecker" and evidently you're looking to wag

I'm guessing you consider yourself a libertarian

Ayn Rand: All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies who are anarchists instead of leftist collectivists; but anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism. That’s worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. Anarchists are the scum of the intellectual world of the Left, which has given them up. So the Right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the libertarian movement. [FHF 71]
Rand is full of shit here...If it's one thing that the libertarians have never been, it's hippies.

It's how he rolls.
There is no greater bastion of dimocrap scum groupthink than Universities. Not even the DISGUSTING FILTH in the media is as bad.

1698597546866.png

Maybe someday, some country will actually practice Capitalism and we can find out.

Nevertheless, Ron and Rand Paul are isolationists according to how I and the Encyclopedia Britannica define that. If you define it differently that's your prerogative but don't insist that I use your word instead of mine please. I won't let the woke require me to use their definitions/words/pronouns for things either.

Having said that non-interventionist and isolationist are pretty well defined the same way:

United States non-interventionism primarily refers to the foreign policy that was eventually applied by the United States between the late 18th century and the first half of the 20th century whereby it sought to avoid alliances with other nations in order to prevent itself from being drawn into wars
"Isolationist" is a pejorative term coined by the Wilsonian warmonger interventionists.....You sure you want to be playing for that team?

There are more than just two sides that can be taken here.

I don't have a "pecker" and evidently you're looking to wag

I'm guessing you consider yourself a libertarian

Yes, I know that you don't.

It's just a saying to illustrate how things historically go, observably, when people partake in ad-hom in order to avoid and cut off relevant discourse before it takes root.

But, no. I am not a libertarian.

If I had to accept a label, I'd be more of a classical liberal.

But I'm also offended that I have to accept an adjective in order to placate confused statists who have adopted and bastardized the term.

Yes, I know that you donlt.

It's just a saying to illustrate how things historically go, observably, when people partake in ad-hom in order to avoid and cut off relevant discourse.

But, no. I am not a libertarian.

If I had to accept a label, I'd be more of a classical liberal.

But I'm offended that I have to accept an adjective in order to placate confused statists who have adopted and misapplied the term.

Left loons stole your label

Forum List

Back