Ron Paul gets creamed in S.C. debate over Osama Bin Laden question.

I agree Ron Paul didn't do a good job getting his point across, but that doesn't mean he wasn't right. The way Obama handled the situation should've been the last resort rather than the first but if you want to join Newt in defending Obama's failed diplomacy be my guest.
That is exactly what Newt did, by the way, it has already been proven that establishment networks are adding boos and cheers into the mix in these debates, if you look at the crowd it's a completely different - nothing is easier then adding samples into a mixing board

I agree Ron Paul didn't do a good job getting his point across, but that doesn't mean he wasn't right. The way Obama handled the situation should've been the last resort rather than the first but if you want to join Newt in defending Obama's failed diplomacy be my guest.

If he was right, when did we "endlessly bomb" anyone?

President Obama was flawless. Just as he was about Libya.

There was only one person in the history of the world who was ever flawless. And despite his strengths, Barack Obama is not Him.

Damn Repubs want more long drown out wars and piles of dead bodies. For crying out loud, this is the 21st century. Hand to hand combat, "boots on the ground" is just plain stupid.

No. We simply want victory in wars that actually matter for our national interest and not to be fighting wars for Al Qaeda.

Thank you Mr. President, for getting the job(s) done with no loss of American lives.

Are you seriously arguing that no soldier has lost his/her life since the Obama administration took over our military?

As for Paul, sometimes he sounds senile. Like last night.

So what's Obama's excuse?

I would not want to trust the defense of the united States to Ron Paul......

I don't trust it with the President either. Luckily, our Founders gave us the solution to that problem: We defend ourselves.
Via the 2nd that Statists want to go away...OBAMA included.

They can wish it away all they want, but natural instinct has given us a right and a responsibility to defend ourselves and our families.

I don't trust it with the President either. Luckily, our Founders gave us the solution to that problem: We defend ourselves.
Via the 2nd that Statists want to go away...OBAMA included.

They can wish it away all they want, but natural instinct has given us a right and a responsibility to defend ourselves and our families.
And nevermind the SCOTUS has reaffirmed the Second.

It's all about liberty and defending it.

Well--if you want to see someone get real nervous about a question--regarding a radio interview the previous week--watch this video of Ron Paul trying to explain why he disagreed with going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden---:lol: His response is SOOOO BAD it is almost incoherent.

Ron Paul on going after Bin Laden SC Republican Debate Fox 1/16/12 - YouTube

And here is Newt Gingrich's response to Ron Paul

Newt Plan for America's Enemies: Kill Them - YouTube

I just don't understand supporters of Ron Paul. At times, he just whines on to the point of extreme irrelevancy. Comparing these two is like night and day.

Well--if you want to see someone get real nervous about a question--regarding a radio interview the previous week--watch this video of Ron Paul trying to explain why he disagreed with going into Pakistan to get Bin Laden---:lol: His response is SOOOO BAD it is almost incoherent.

Newt is a nitwit, Ron Paul makes sense to me: even in newts own words - "gave pakistan 20 billion dollars, everything is ok" - and then in the next sentence he talks about cutting spending LMAO :cuckoo: :cuckoo::eek:
:lol::lol: Whatever!!!

Newt, Another Bush style Neocon.

He is constantly getting owned by his own words.

The bottom line is Ron Paul thinks America is the true evil in the world, and if we left everyone alone the world would all be friendly trading partners. He is a dangerous fuckin bastard.

Yeah. Bush handled the OBL situation much better.

On this one thing, I agree with Newt. The Pakis probably knew OBL was there, and if we had tipped them off, they would have tipped off OBL, and we would have lost not only OBL, but valuable intelligence as well.

Even if the Pakis didn't know where OBL was, the second we told them where he was, they would have tipped him off.

The best option was to get in there and kill him while the gettin' was good.

Obama did the exact right thing, and Newt is at least man enough to admit it while spinning it to his own advantage.

But it is a good thing for Newt the format kept his answer short. I'm sure if he was allowed to ramble on, he'd have said the 138th time the CIA tortu-, er, "enhanced interrogated" KSM is the tip that led to the compound in Pakistan ten years later.

Last edited:
He is constantly getting owned by his own words.

The bottom line is Ron Paul thinks America is the true evil in the world, and if we left everyone alone the world would all be friendly trading partners. He is a dangerous fuckin bastard.

A view shared by many on the left as well. Sad but true.

What they do not get is that while yes our Actions have consequences, In action has Consequences as well, and more than once in the past we have found out the hard way that in Action is sometimes worse than action.

Someone should tell dumbass Newt that we had 19 Al-Qaeda members Taking Federal Flight schools in the U.S and we spend trillions on security.

Well Newt,Did Bush know?

Fact is before 9/11 we spent Trillions on Security designed for Conflict with other Nations, Not a Terrorist Group. We were totally unprepared and everyone up to and including Bush was to blame.

I'll try to explain this. We were sitting on UBL for weeks, we knew were he was, we had tabs on him. What Obama should've done is confronted Pakistan's gov and gave them the ultimatum; told them that this could be done the easy way with their cooperation or the hard way with unilateral US military force. It could've been done without losing UBL and it would've put Pakistan in the position of having to make clear to us and the world whether they're our true ally deserving of $billions in foreign aid. They want our money so they would've made sure they didn't stand in our way of capturing UBL. If they tried stalling or being generally uncooperative, we would've had to take him by unilateral force like Obama did but at least with this initial diplomatic approach we wouldn't now be expected to keep sending $billions to Pakistan.

You are wooofully ignorant of the dynamics within Pakistan. Your arguement is fundamentally weak because you obviously do not understand how Pakistan deals with India.. Pakistan is not now nor was it ever OUR ally. They allow our influence because we can influence India not to attack them over thousands of years old grievences. Pakistan is not afraid of us. They know we will not stay there any longer than we absolutely have to. What scares them shitless is India. They are not going anywhere.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etRgn8aI6I8&feature=related]Twitter Debate Viewers Agree "Ron Paul Is The Only One Giving Straight Answers" - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back