Ron Paul: "Federal War On Drugs A Total Failure"...

The War on Drugs only made the drug problem worse.
Thanks Nixon.
How 'bout goin'-back, a few years (before Nixon), and "Thanking"....

El Paso, TEXAS!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYEcgsFT3oE&feature=player_embedded]Grass History Of Cannabis Marijuana [1/6] - YouTube[/ame]​

The War on Drugs only made the drug problem worse.
Thanks Nixon.

Users of illegal drugs made the drug problem extant.

Thanks a lot, law-breakers.
Move along, Bubblehead.

You haven't a clue.

259.gif

I loved the ads on pot and supporting terrorism. I for one always bought local, second it is the goverments fault if terrorism is supported by pot. The US could support its own marijuana industry if legalized.
Hell.....implement the same laws as beer & wine, and let people....

GROW THEIR OWN!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qnwp6J7P20&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL8F2C06E5F3AD8A14]Marijuana Inc. on MSNBC with Al Roker - Part 1 of 5 - YouTube[/ame]​

I don't think most people really understand how powerful Government agencies like the DEA & ATF are. They have no interest in seeing drugs legalized in any way. They're very happy with the current set-up. They have all that power to harass and lock Citizens up anytime they choose. They're not gonna just let that power go. Even most Politicians fear these agancies. Politicans are just passing through. They get voted in,they get voted out. But the powers that run these agencies are there for the long-haul. Do people really think the CIA & FBI fear the Politicians? No way,it's the other way around for sure. So what Dr. Paul is proposing will not likely happen. Just too much money & power wrapped up in the Prison State.

Last edited:
I'm confused as to why some of the posters on this thread think only one party is responsible for starting, continuing and expanding the War on Drugs. American partisan politics I guess.

The War on Drugs is a total joke, and it's sad to think we still have a Jim Crow law on our books.

This is another case of American "weirdness" - for lack of another term.
We do odd things. The war on drugs is a great vote getter - but at an extraordinary cost both monetary and creating a bigger problem than the drugs themselves do.
We have strict laws about folks under 18 seeing nudity on films, we have the most prudent TV stations literally on the planet - but yet teenage pregnancy is as much as 10 times that of other modern countries.
Our education system is a disaster, but we spend more money on it than anyone else on the planet.

We do strange things in this country - and unfortunately when someone brings it to light - they are always marginalized and ridiculed.

I'm confused as to why some of the posters on this thread think only one party is responsible for starting, continuing and expanding the War on Drugs. American partisan politics I guess.

The War on Drugs is a total joke, and it's sad to think we still have a Jim Crow law on our books.

Some always have to make it about their home team. All that "My team is the good guys,you're team is the bad guys" stuff. Both Democrats & Republicans have fully embraced the Drug War. The War is still going on. But that's the nature of Message Boards i guess. "Root Root Root for the Home Team!"

I don't think most people really understand how powerful Government agencies like the DEA & ATF are. They have no interest in seeing drugs legalized in any way. They're very happy with the current set-up.
....more-often-referred-to, as Job-$ecurity.

We need more, experienced....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj3gnIGANhs]40 Years of Drug War Failure: LEAP's Neill Franklin - YouTube[/ame]​

This is another case of American "weirdness" - for lack of another term.
We do odd things. The war on drugs is a great vote getter - but at an extraordinary cost both monetary and creating a bigger problem than the drugs themselves do.
We have strict laws about folks under 18 seeing nudity on films, we have the most prudent TV stations literally on the planet - but yet teenage pregnancy is as much as 10 times that of other modern countries.
Our education system is a disaster, but we spend more money on it than anyone else on the planet.

We do strange things in this country - and unfortunately when someone brings it to light - they are always marginalized and ridiculed.
As bizarre as it might sound.....it'd almost make sense to turn all social-engineering over to the U.S. Military.

After all......with regard to The Job At Hand, who's done a better-job o'....
cuttin'-thru ALL THE BULLSHIT??!!!!

When there was a NEED for greater head-count, who FULLY-INTEGRATED....
.....BEFORE THE U.S. MILITARY??!!!

"If the integration of the armed services now seems to have been inevitable in a democratic society, it nevertheless faced opposition that had to be overcome and problems that had to be solved through the combined efforts of political and civil rights leaders and civil and military officials. In many ways the military services were at the cutting edge in the struggle for racial equality."​

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH14V5opk40[/ame]​

Last edited:
Change the title of the thread to "Ron Paul: My run for the Whitehouse is a Total Failure"

Yeah I can't wait for a RomneyCare vs ObamaCare election, who wouldn't be riveted by that?

What great "choices"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great distracto-effort.

handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTceWVtERo]MSNBC: Rewriting legalization of marijuana - YouTube[/ame]​

Change the title of the thread to "Ron Paul: My run for the Whitehouse is a Total Failure"

Yeah I can't wait for a RomneyCare vs ObamaCare election, who wouldn't be riveted by that?

handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTceWVtERo]MSNBC: Rewriting legalization of marijuana - YouTube[/ame]​

Distracto effort?

Your hero Obama and Romney both love the Drug War, it'll keep expanding under either of those status quo politicians.

I dunno why i sometimes respond to this kid, this is for me :cuckoo:

There never was a war on drugs. There was an accomodation of drugs, but no war on drugs.

Yep. Obama has even decided to go after medical marijuana . We don't need to be wasting tax dollars on this kind of crap.

handjob.gif

Distracto effort?

Your hero Obama and Romney both love the Drug War, it'll keep expanding under either of those status quo politicians.

I dunno why i sometimes respond to this kid, this is for me :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back