Ron Paul Dollars Skyrocket

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Toro, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,112
    'Cause its makers got busted.

And apparently, they were as high as $500 today.

http://www.thestreet.com/s/raid-on-...arkets/marketfeatures/10390631.html?puc=_tscs

2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,442
    Why NOW, though?

Why has this currency been in existence for this long, and NOW it's being labelled illegal? I believe at one point, the S.S. actually APPROVED the legality...

I know I'm a RP supporter, and I look for things to make me feel like his chances are getting better and better, but I see this as a move against his current success and popularity gains, which means the establishment is afraid of a possible shift in status-quo due to so much awakening and awareness amongst so many people.

I'm seeing a collective awakening happening amongst the masses.

Forget about my rant though, what's your take on this Toro?

3. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,112
    I have no opinion other than some guy tried to pass coins off as legal tender, which is illegal. I don't think Ron Paul has anything to do with this, other than accept donations.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    You will be shocked and amazed. I wondered the same thing, when I read the story days ago. Something about the timing hits me wrong and in all honesty, from my POV, naturally, it takes away from more serious connections.

5. BaronVonBigmeat

BaronVonBigmeat Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +160
    Umm I don't know where you read that, but they never tried to pass off their coins as legal tender. They've been selling silver coins for a while now, and up to now, had a stamp of approval from someone at the Treasury dept.

6. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,112
    Maybe you're right, but I inferred it from here.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,442
    The Liberty Dollar was never intended to be passed off as "legal tender for all debts, public and private". (I'm only quoting the Federal Reserve Note there, btw. no one else in particular)

There are a handful of businesses around the country who decided to take part in this, and accept the Liberty Dollars for the sale of their goods, ALONG WITH the US dollar.

Some people just liked the idea that there could be a trade of goods that involved hard backed currency. The only ones obviously who wold benefit from that specific trade would be the ones who involved themselves in it. It never at any time threatened the market, or unfairly adjusted competition to certain people or businesses.

It's no different than trading goods for anything else. Obviously, you would have been a complete moron if you weren't a parrticipator in the Liberty Dollar program with your business, and somehow unknowingly accepted a Liberty Dollar for the sale of your goods. They look nothing like the Federal Reserve Note. The only ones that could be criminally accountable for that, are any individuals trying to PASS IT OFF AS legal tender.

If anything, the people who WERE participating are now making nice profits off of the spontaneous scarcity of the L.D. due to this raid, which I STILL don't see the justification for.

8. ronpaul2008

ronpaul2008 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I am following this story closely. We need to end the government sanctioned monopoly on money. It has been brushed under the rug, for most Americans do not have a clue what is going on.

9. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Ron Paul, unelectable as declard by the msm, raised more money in 1 day than any other candidate in US history. What do you think?

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,442
    Well the MSM knows all, right?

I mean, they say he's unelectable because he doesn't show high in polls that are conducted by land-line phone polling the whopping 6% of Republicans who bothered to show up and vote in the 2004 primaries, where Bush ran UNOPPOSED ANYWAY.

Ron's base consists of SO MANY PEOPLE who don't fill that demographic. The people who never voted before, the Republicans who didn't participate in 2004 primaries (94% of them), the people too young to vote in 04 anyway, all the people who are switching their party affiliation to Republican this year so they can vote for Ron. The people who don't even USE land-line phones to conduct their communicative lives, which is so many of RP's supporters...especially all the college students.

THAT, and the fact that he raises more money than the rest, and has more new donors than the rest, and that he gets more donations from military members than the rest...and you got yourself an electable candidate.

The fact is, there really is NO WAY of knowing how electable he really is, and how much support he really has, until the real vote happens. Only THEN, will we finally see.