Homeowners and Bank Protection Act of 2007

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Paulie, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    http://www.larouchepac.com/2007act.html

Doesn't appear to be getting much traction at the moment, especially in the mainstream, but sounds like a damn good idea to me. According to a source of mine that is involved in the LaRouche committee, it's being aggressively pursued in washington by their lobby. There have been a handful of congressmembers that have agreed with it off the record at this point, but haven't officially endorsed it.

I'm sure some here will criticize it just for being an idea of LaRouche, or being too "liberal", but the ideas behind it shouldn't be thought of in partisan ways. It's a way to keep homeowners from being forced out in the street, and from all the LITTLE banks that keep our economy alive, from going bankrupt and falling from existence, and still getting to collect on their loans.

Seems like a win-win to me.

Thoughts?

2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    No comments on this from anyone?

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_LaRouche

Why am I not surprised that a Ron Paul aficionado would be hawking a LaRouche idea?

4. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    Just as i suspected. Should have figured YOU'D attack the messenger, and make absolutely ZERO comment on the message at all.

I don't even support LaRouche for fucks sake. But I support this idea. LaRouche ALSO doesn't support Paul, in fact, at the Philly RP rally, the LaRouche people had their own little table set up on 6th street off the Mall, to hand out their OWN literature and turn people away from Ron's ideas. LaRouche people are loyal to only one person's ideas...LAROUCHE.

My girlfriend's brother has been a member of his youth movement for years, and he and I rarely see eye to eye on anything politically. This is the first thing I've agreed with LaRouche about.

All that LaRouche has ever said about Ron is that he's "a maverick".

Why are you so obsessed with this anti-semitism shit?

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Perhaps because it scares me that I see a rise in anti-semitism and Ron Paul backers are behind such?

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    A rise in anti-semitism, that's rich.

Ron Paul backers are just Ron Paul backers. That stormfront embraces Ron Paul because they have some twisted view of how his administration might help alleviate the problem of "all the jews", does not define Ron Paul's support, or his campaign.

I just went to stormfront for the first time yesterday and read through some of their threads...You really see those retards as a threat? They're mostly a bunch of narrow minded idiots that, judging by the things they say and their reasoning and logic behind it, have no real clue what the problems of the world are and how to solve them. Hate will NEVER solve a problem, it will only inflate it.

When stormfront becomes some huge voting demographic, then maybe it's worth crying about. For now, it's basically just a group of angry assholes that would probably never have the balls to do and say the things they advocate, off the internet, outside of a comfortable majority of their fellow members.

You really need to stop trying so desperately to link Ron Paul to this shit, it's been put to rest already. No matter what you think about them, they still have a right to choose a candidate. They seem rather lost on exactly WHY they even support him to begin with, outside of the fact that Ron wouldn't bow down to Israel and make policy based on it's well being FIRST, the way most of our politicians in this country do. If that's the only reason they like Ron, that's pretty stupid. But that's not Ron's fault.

Now...

Do you have anything to comment on about the legislation I posted? If not, please shut up.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Stop trying to pander to your audience, you have them. You're problem or rather Ron Paul's problem is to disavow Stormfront and it's ilk. Neither of you have done so.
    You lose on so many levels. Your argument is we 'need to wait for the Stormfront to get enough influence' before we react? Hello? Gestapo? Stormtroopers?

Get the hell out of my country, that kicked you out of Europe 60+ years ago.

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    My argument was more that it would never happen, and to quit crying about it, but your comprehension skills suck obviously.

If you'd shut that fucking TV and computer off and go outside and see things with your own eyes, you'd realize it. There's a whole beautiful world out there, independent of TV land where you seem to dwell.

There's no threat of white-supremecy groups taking over America. You're a god damn looney toon kathianne.

ONCE AGAIN, are you going to comment on the legislation? Because I'm so fucking done arguing with you about this stupid ass racism bullshit.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Right, we can take your word for it.

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,362
    Thanks for contributing absolutely NOTHING to this thread. I'm starting to think you just like to rile up the members that you don't agree with for your own pathetic enjoyment. Is your life that boring?

What's so god damn hard about commenting on the topic? Why do you insist on being so difficult? If you want to discuss the topic, i'll continue talking to you here in this thread. If you'd rather just give me one meaningless off-topic sentence and get the last pathetic word, then this conversation is done.

It's up to you.