Romney's VP: A Dare Nobody Wants To Take

If you can't get out of poverty, you don't want anyone else to either, right?

But you answer my question with a question once again.

Let me rephrase.

An important function of our Federal gubmint is to make life fair for people like you, isn't it?

This country would be much better off if we had no government at all, right? If small government is good, no government is even better!

You are not going Thoreau on us now, are you? :lol: We have not earned that yet. ;)

There will be plenty of people willing to be Romney's VP candidate.

Sure, just no one good.

That's a pretty stupid statement.

I think it's kind of accurate.

Rubio, Haley, Martinez, Daniels, Pawlenty have all taken themselves out of consideration, at least publically.

When McCain was looking, Huckabee and Romney were both angling for the job. So were folks like Joe Leiberman and Tom Ridge. Then McCain lost his mind and picked Palin.

Scratch that, I thought it was a good pick at the time. Then we got to know her.

The fact so many prominent GOP guys are opting out tells me none of them want to be Sarah Palin or Lloyd Bensten or Geraldine Ferraro....

Sure, just no one good.

Rubio, Haley, Martinez, Daniels, Pawlenty have all taken themselves out of consideration, at least publically.

When McCain was looking, Huckabee and Romney were both angling for the job. So were folks like Joe Leiberman and Tom Ridge. Then McCain lost his mind and picked Palin.

Scratch that, I thought it was a good pick at the time. Then we got to know her.

The fact so many prominent GOP guys are opting out tells me none of them want to be Sarah Palin or Lloyd Bensten or Geraldine Ferraro....

I do not see this, I see a lot of dissatisfaction with Obama.

They all take themselves out of consideration publicly until they're actually asked, but you already knew that.

Jonathan Stewart was doing what Jonathan Stewart does best. Entertain people.

They all take themselves out of consideration publicly until they're actually asked, but you already knew that.

Jonathan Stewart was doing what Jonathan Stewart does best. Entertain people.

No, usually, when they take themelves out, they take themselves out.

The people who are considered are usually the ones lobbying for it.

Sorry. Argument fail.

I do not see this, I see a lot of dissatisfaction with Obama.

I'm dissatisfied with Obama.

But I'm not voting for the fucking Mormon.

Being disatisfied with the current guy is not enough by itself to win the White House. Never has been, never will be. If it were, we'd be at the end of President Kerry's second term right now.

It will take an unusually brave and dedicated person to run for VP knowing that the democrats will relentlessly attack, fabricate stories, make up facts. Print fake stories in liberal media, pay women or men to come forward with phony stories of infidelity and evidence of racism. Then the obama white house will have the department of justice and the IRS launch investigations to phony up their own charges of wrongdoing. Armies of government and media investigators will go through their trash cans, like they did with Sarah Palin, maintain 24/7 surveillance on the children and grandchildren. Not only for the candidate himself or herself or their family, but every friend, relative, neighbor or casual acquaintence will be endlessly pursued and attacked. The democrats will publish the addesses of relatives and friends with invitations to democrat operatives to pay them a visit.

The democrats have to go with such finality that the very concepts that underpin the ideaology have to go.

It will take an unusually brave and dedicated person to run for VP knowing that the democrats will relentlessly attack, fabricate stories, make up facts. Print fake stories in liberal media, pay women or men to come forward with phony stories of infidelity and evidence of racism. Then the obama white house will have the department of justice and the IRS launch investigations to phony up their own charges of wrongdoing. Armies of government and media investigators will go through their trash cans, like they did with Sarah Palin, maintain 24/7 surveillance on the children and grandchildren. Not only for the candidate himself or herself or their family, but every friend, relative, neighbor or casual acquaintence will be endlessly pursued and attacked. The democrats will publish the addesses of relatives and friends with invitations to democrat operatives to pay them a visit.

The democrats have to go with such finality that the very concepts that underpin the ideaology have to go.

Yawn...

Palin was a disaster because she came off as stupid.

Has it occurred to you that you lost in 2008 because you deserved to?

Yawn...

Palin was a disaster because she came off as stupid.

Has it occurred to you that you lost in 2008 because you deserved to?

The republicans lost in 2008 because obama is black.

Funny, I thought it was because the economy crashed and we were in a war that no one was happy about fighting.

Then why would you vote for someone with no record, no expressed positions or policies, who was so bored and uninterested in politics he voted "present" more times than not?

Did you want to be part of history? Vote for the first black president. Did you just want the rule of whitness over as a matter of fairness? Maybe you just believed in his messiahship, he was really going to lower the seas and heal the earth.

No, he was black. That's why he was elected. Unfortunately for him, although he is still black, he has a record and it's not one the majority will want repeated.

Funny, I thought it was because the economy crashed and we were in a war that no one was happy about fighting.

Then why would you vote for someone with no record, no expressed positions or policies, who was so bored and uninterested in politics he voted "present" more times than not?

Did you want to be part of history? Vote for the first black president. Did you just want the rule of whitness over as a matter of fairness? Maybe you just believed in his messiahship, he was really going to lower the seas and heal the earth.

No, he was black. That's why he was elected. Unfortunately for him, although he is still black, he has a record and it's not one the majority will want repeated.

Well, first, you repeat the lie about "voting Present" most of the time when in fact, his "present" votes in the IL Legislature were less than 3% of the votes he participated in. So you start out being fact challenged.

Incidently, I voted for McCain in 2008, and I would have voted for the Republican this time if you all didn't nominate the Mormon. (Despite the fact 60% of you didn't really want him.)

There are two reasons why Obama won.

The first is that the Democrats really became the functional majority some time ago. They've won the popular vote for President 4 out of 5 times and only barely lost once.

The second was, what was McCain really running on? Other than "it's my turn". Was he running to continue the Bush policies after being a thorn in the side of Bush for 8 years?

These two factors will be true this time as well. And the GOP has picked a candidate because it was "his turn", not because he's even really won even you guys over. I certainly won't vote for him.

Maybe Romney will pick a woman, then Bill Maher can go on Stewarts show and call her a Cxxt..

and then Limbaugh can call her a "slut".

Yeah for sure, because Fluke was a candidate for Vice President of the United States.

No, Fluke was an average citizen who pointed out that women who have valid medical need for contraception have to jump through hoops if they work for catholic institutions.

Which didn't keep the fat Oxycotin Hero from calling her vile names. And handing Obama the female vote in November.

Forum List

Back