Romney's Premature Coronation...

Have any of you considered the idea that the GOP is just executing their master plan to control all three branches of government by 2016?

This plan began almost 50 years ago.........and is just about to come to fruition. It all started with a forged birth certificate and a couple of birth announcements in a Hawaii newspaper........and now they are purposefully fielding candidates who cannot defeat the man in a down economy......sure that he'll screw up so badly that a Democrat won't win an election ever again.

It is genius!

:eek:

:lmao:

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Cain's likability has just made him the GnOP flavor of the month. He's Trump, Bachmann, Perry, etc. His popularity is as fleeting as his book sales. Of course he knows this which is why he has abandoned his "campaign" to sell his books while his popularity is up.

While I don't discount the "strong and wrong" attitude that would give Perry any kind of footing, people's memories aren't THAT short and he's too much like Bush on a gut level. He might have the money to keep chipping away at Romney, but Romney is still going to be last man standing.

In the General, Reversible Mitten's religion isn't going to matter, but his flip flopping and policies will.

You see, I don't see Romney as the last man standing, unless the establishment cheats.

Today George Will wrote column ripping him a new one.

I also think your boy Obama is going to use the religion issue. I think we are going to see a whole bunch of his enablers in the MSM, the same ones who excused Reverand Wright, treat us to a whole bunch "Damn, are those Mormons weird, or what?" stories.

I could also see a third party evolving. Usually, when you have two awful choices, they do.

Care to place a little wager on whether or not President Obama brings up his magic underpants? I guarantee you he won't and if anyone does, the President will defend Mittens.

Like it or not, like HIM or not, Mittens is the GnOPs ONLY chance of coming close to taking the White House. President Obama will mop the floor with anyone else. Perry wouldn't be able to duck debates against the President.

I think a third party would be a bully idea and I think the Romney haters should go for it. I hear Palin doesn't want to be a Republican anymore...or was that just a USMB rumor?

Cain's likability has just made him the GnOP flavor of the month. He's Trump, Bachmann, Perry, etc. His popularity is as fleeting as his book sales. Of course he knows this which is why he has abandoned his "campaign" to sell his books while his popularity is up.

While I don't discount the "strong and wrong" attitude that would give Perry any kind of footing, people's memories aren't THAT short and he's too much like Bush on a gut level. He might have the money to keep chipping away at Romney, but Romney is still going to be last man standing.

In the General, Reversible Mitten's religion isn't going to matter, but his flip flopping and policies will.

You see, I don't see Romney as the last man standing, unless the establishment cheats.

Today George Will wrote column ripping him a new one.

I also think your boy Obama is going to use the religion issue. I think we are going to see a whole bunch of his enablers in the MSM, the same ones who excused Reverand Wright, treat us to a whole bunch "Damn, are those Mormons weird, or what?" stories.

I could also see a third party evolving. Usually, when you have two awful choices, they do.

Is he going to call Romney a Muslim?

Obama is in a lot better shape than Carter was, and the GOP aint got no Reagan.

Correct. The ‘ingredients’ just aren’t there.

In the last 100 years 4 incumbent presidents have failed to win reelection. Excluding 1912, which had the classic split ticket, the three most recent incumbents lost to a better-prepared, charismatic challenger: Hoover/FDR, Carter/Reagan, and GHWB/Clinton, respectively.

Neither Romney nor Perry has the gravitas to attract a sufficient number of moderates, independents, and weak (Reagan) democrats away from Obama.

It depends on what you mean by ‘establishment.’

Romney’s problem is the Old Bush Base and social conservatives in general, who perceive Romney as ‘too liberal’ or question his ‘conservative credentials.’ That’s why the SC primary will be telling, as in 2000, and why I agree Ronmey’s not a ‘lock.’

Perry or Romney, in the end it really makes no difference – neither can beat Obama.

Care to place a little wager on whether or not President Obama brings up his magic underpants? I guarantee you he won't and if anyone does, the President will defend Mittens.

Like it or not, like HIM or not, Mittens is the GnOPs ONLY chance of coming close to taking the White House. President Obama will mop the floor with anyone else. Perry wouldn't be able to duck debates against the President.

I think a third party would be a bully idea and I think the Romney haters should go for it. I hear Palin doesn't want to be a Republican anymore...or was that just a USMB rumor?

Obama won't do it directly, just like Obama never blurted out in 2008, "Man, is that Sarah Palin stupid, or what? And what a trashy family!"

Nope, he'll get his stooges in the Mainstream Media to do it for him.

Now, I actually think Perry will be a stronger candidate than Mittens for the following reasons-

1) On a retail level, he's a better politician. He's won election to the State Legislature 3 times, Agricultural commissioner twice, Lt. Gov once, and Governor 3 times, including 2006, which was a horrible year to have an R behind your name. Compare that to Romney, who lost to Ted Kennedy in 1994, Barely won as governor against a non-entity, declined to run a second time because he was trailing by double digits in the polls, and lost all but three of the primaries he was in during the 2008 race.

2) Enthusiasm wins elections. I can see Republicans, conservatives, evangelicals and TEA activists getting enthusasitic about Perry. Can't see them getting thrilled with Romney. Bush beat Kerry in 2004 because he had a higher enthusasm, not because he reached out to the mythical "moderates" and "Independents".

3) Debates don't matter that much. That's why we are not in President Kerry's second term right now. He mopped the floor with Bush in the first debate. Bush did a bit better in the other two, but the Pundiots still gave the advantage to Kerry. Didn't matter. Bush still won.

Obama is in a lot better shape than Carter was, and the GOP aint got no Reagan.

Correct. The ‘ingredients’ just aren’t there.

In the last 100 years 4 incumbent presidents have failed to win reelection. Excluding 1912, which had the classic split ticket, the three most recent incumbents lost to a better-prepared, charismatic challenger: Hoover/FDR, Carter/Reagan, and GHWB/Clinton, respectively.

Neither Romney nor Perry has the gravitas to attract a sufficient number of moderates, independents, and weak (Reagan) democrats away from Obama.

You forgot Carter defeating Ford, who was the incumbant. But in all of those cases, the real problem was that they were all dealing with thoroughly messed up economy. BUt Obama's economy is worse than Ford, Carter or Bush Sr had. A lot worse.

And frankly, what "gravitas". Obama's been an embarrassment. Even his own followers aren't that thrilled with him.

It depends on what you mean by ‘establishment.’

Romney’s problem is the Old Bush Base and social conservatives in general, who perceive Romney as ‘too liberal’ or question his ‘conservative credentials.’ That’s why the SC primary will be telling, as in 2000, and why I agree Ronmey’s not a ‘lock.’

Perry or Romney, in the end it really makes no difference – neither can beat Obama.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, either one could beat him with this economy. No one has gotten re-elected with unemployment over 7.2%. right now it is at 9.1%, and seems stuck there or perhaps will get worse.

I don't want Romney to win because I really, really dislike the Mormon "Church". To the point I will put a clothespin over my nose and vote for Obama if it comes down to that. But please, I think Cain, Perry or Romney have the potential to beat him. I even think Romney is the weakest of the three, because of his religion.

Obama won't do it directly, just like Obama never blurted out in 2008, "Man, is that Sarah Palin stupid, or what? And what a trashy family!"

Nope, he'll get his stooges in the Mainstream Media to do it for him.

Now, I actually think Perry will be a stronger candidate than Mittens for the following reasons-

1) On a retail level, he's a better politician. He's won election to the State Legislature 3 times, Agricultural commissioner twice, Lt. Gov once, and Governor 3 times, including 2006, which was a horrible year to have an R behind your name. Compare that to Romney, who lost to Ted Kennedy in 1994, Barely won as governor against a non-entity, declined to run a second time because he was trailing by double digits in the polls, and lost all but three of the primaries he was in during the 2008 race.

2) Enthusiasm wins elections. I can see Republicans, conservatives, evangelicals and TEA activists getting enthusasitic about Perry. Can't see them getting thrilled with Romney. Bush beat Kerry in 2004 because he had a higher enthusasm, not because he reached out to the mythical "moderates" and "Independents".

3) Debates don't matter that much. That's why we are not in President Kerry's second term right now. He mopped the floor with Bush in the first debate. Bush did a bit better in the other two, but the Pundiots still gave the advantage to Kerry. Didn't matter. Bush still won.

It is the extreme right wing that is concerned about Romneys religion....the left really doesn't care

What people should be concerned about is the fundamentalist Christian beliefs expounded by Perry, Bachmann, Santorum and Cain

They are the ones trying to push their religious beliefs on America

That only the right is concerned about Romney’s religion is why he’s the best candidate. But will the right allow Romney the nomination? Or will it do to Romney what it did to McCain in 2000?

It is the extreme right wing that is concerned about Romneys religion....the left really doesn't care

What people should be concerned about is the fundamentalist Christian beliefs expounded by Perry, Bachmann, Santorum and Cain

They are the ones trying to push their religious beliefs on America

Wow, have to keep calling shennigans on this one...

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

The new Gallup poll, conducted June 9-12, finds nearly 20% of Republicans and independents saying they would not support a Mormon for president. That is slightly lower than the 27% of Democrats saying the same.

IN short, while 18% of Republicans won't vote for a Mormon, 27% of Democrats say they won't.

So who really cares more about the religion issue?

Forum List

Back