Team obama blames john kerry for debate loss

If obama's failure is really Kerry's fault why hasn't Kerry been replaced as debate coach? Kerry took this job because he expects to be secretary of state when Hillary leaves. If Kerry is that bad is this off too?

CNN said it right, it's not a high priority.

Ya....like Obama has done so well with our allies!!! Lol!

Why is it that everything you blame Romney of doing...Obama has done better and you never call him out on that??

it's nice to see someone actually admit it....thank you!

However, i don't think he'll do better next time. It's Foreign policy, and he hasn't done very well at that lately!

There is a simple reason why Obama did so poorly. He can't run on his record.

Last time around, he was well versed in his campaign promises. McCain was like a little mouse who wasn't going to challenge him because he feared being called racist. It was easy for Obama last time.

The other night we saw the real Obama. This is how he is when he doesn't have the luxury of merely reading off the teleprompter to a captive audience. He's gone 4 years getting away with making speeches to the media and having them take dictation and print it in the newspaper. Debating is not his strong point when someone wants to discuss the particulars of his record. Now he can't get away with just making fancy promises and criticizing others. He has to own up to what he's done and he doesn't want to do that.

I think debating scares him this time around because he is the one in the hot deat and he must find the words on his own to explain his actions the last 4 years, from the economy to the terrible handling of the terrorist attack in Libya.

He sure acted tough the next day when he was back in his comfort zone among drooling supporters. He likes that because he can carry on with the fancy speeches to a crowd that allows him to play the blame game.

His own actions and avoidance of hard questions for so long has left him ill prepared for a real debate.

I have to spread some reputation before i give you more :)

Here's what really happened.

Romney palmed a needle and punctured Obama's skin when they shook hands at the beginning. Obama slowly lost air for the next 90 minutes. Michelle keeps a patch kit in her purse but obviously she couldn't get to him in time to save the debate.

51cyYyAASwL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't think Obama had a good debate and Romney was aggressive and did a good job.

BUT, he lied over and over and Obama should of challenged him.

So it was Obama's fault he lost.

BUT, When Romney kept repeating the lies about the healthcare bill and Obama said nothing, I was really irritated.

It is like Obama was too tired or something.

But, no excuses. He lost. He'll do better next time.

Let's see if you can answer this, because none of your comrades seem able to.

Can you tell us - specifically - what these 'lies' were? Remember, your leader's meme-attempt was that Romney isn't 'specific' enough, so no vagueness on this.

Nobody's blaming Kerry, I did wonder why they would choose Kerry to spar with. Kerry failed to pin Bush to the mat. He kind of let the president slide and had an understated performance.

Obama needs to get more assertive. Hope he gets some sleep next time.

Nobody's blaming Kerry, I did wonder why they would choose Kerry to spar with. Kerry failed to pin Bush to the mat. He kind of let the president slide and had an understated performance.

It would also help if he found something to be assertive about.

Obama's performance (and the aftermath) was a real eye opener for me; and I already thought he was an incompetent scoundrel. Still, he went under the bar.

Kerry did well during his performance and he's a crafty politician who almost beat an incumbent. I can't speak to how well he channeled Romney; but he can't be blamed for Obama's lackluster performance.

And btw, since media is not there for the practice debates; these reports are coming from the Obama camp and that just shows the man's total willingness to blame others.

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking when they choose Kerry. Obama's demeanor during the debate really reminded me of Kerry's demeanor during the 2004 debates. If Obama wants to get some debating help from anyone, he should be taking it from Clinton.

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking when they choose Kerry. Obama's demeanor during the debate really reminded me of Kerry's demeanor during the 2004 debates. If Obama wants to get some debating help from anyone, he should be taking it from Clinton.

Hillary? I agree.

6. not enough sleep

And btw, since media is not there for the practice debates; these reports are coming from the Obama camp and that just shows the man's total willingness to blame others.

Actually, the entire premise of this thread is dishonest. Obama isn't blaming Kerry. It seems pretty clear to me that what they are saying is that Obama did poorly because he came in ill prepared. It was a team failure.

When your opponent rattles off a littany of lies/changes and denials to what he has said before, it is pretty difficult to counter spontaneously. Obama DID point out that Romney was changing what he'd said in the past just a month or so before the elction but it when right over most people's heads because Romney was so aggressive and manic, he walked all over everyone including Jim Leher. That'll come in handy with diplomancy and talking to our allies--being a bully.

Romney had no problem with it.. he countered SEVERAL of Obama's lies, and pointed out exactly how Obama lied.

Face it... Romney owned Obama!

When you speak the truth... it comes out very easily.

You bet. Romney smoked Barry in the debate.

You don't see Barry/Biden out there fielding questions from the press. The same questions they are slinging at Romney and Ryan.

His record sucks and he knows it. His supporters will support him no matter what a lousy POTUS he is.

Sucks to be them and come Nov they will find that out.

Actually, the entire premise of this thread is dishonest. Obama isn't blaming Kerry. It seems pretty clear to me that what they are saying is that Obama did poorly because he came in ill prepared. It was a team failure.

They are not mutually exclusive. Nice try though.

Correspondent Bill Plante: "Well Norah, they're simply upset and really outraged. They blame the President's team, first of all, for not preparing him to meet the challenge of an aggressive Mitt Romney. They say that nobody in the room challenged him, including the guy that he was debating with, John Kerry, because, as they say, he wants to be Secretary of State so he's not going to get in the President's face. And Presidents are used to deference; they're not used to people challenging them like that. So they think that the debate prep was terrible, but they also fault the President himself for not understanding that Romney was going to be more aggressive

There is a simple reason why Obama did so poorly. He can't run on his record.

Last time around, he was well versed in his campaign promises. McCain was like a little mouse who wasn't going to challenge him because he feared being called racist. It was easy for Obama last time.

The other night we saw the real Obama. This is how he is when he doesn't have the luxury of merely reading off the teleprompter to a captive audience. He's gone 4 years getting away with making speeches to the media and having them take dictation and print it in the newspaper. Debating is not his strong point when someone wants to discuss the particulars of his record. Now he can't get away with just making fancy promises and criticizing others. He has to own up to what he's done and he doesn't want to do that.

I think debating scares him this time around because he is the one in the hot deat and he must find the words on his own to explain his actions the last 4 years, from the economy to the terrible handling of the terrorist attack in Libya.

He sure acted tough the next day when he was back in his comfort zone among drooling supporters. He likes that because he can carry on with the fancy speeches to a crowd that allows him to play the blame game.

His own actions and avoidance of hard questions for so long has left him ill prepared for a real debate.

I have to spread some reputation before i give you more :)

I had it to give and did so.

Good post and spot on.

Forum List

Back