Romney's Great Paying Jobs

Lots of Romney supporters here have made defenses of your guy.

You aren't one of them.

But let's be blunt, the whole support of Romney by the far right is cynical. They know he's a liberal, but they just hate Obama so much they don't care.

You've even fucked your avatar up......

]

It's not about communism, it's about ethics.

Mittens ruined a lot of lives making himself wealthy. Besides it being morally wrong to do that sort of thing, it's also HORRIBLE POLITICS.

It looks bad. I mean, I hope on some level you kind of get this. This is like a photo of John Kerry popping up hugging Jane Fonda level awful.

Its terrible.......

Imagine lending money to troubled companies........ Getting their hopes up and all.

Its terrible.......

Imagine lending money to troubled companies........ Getting their hopes up and all.

More along the lines of someone loans you money, but their intent is to sell off your stuff at a fraction of what you paid for it, leaving you with bad debts...

Which is pretty much what happened at AmPad, for instance, where they ran up 400 million in debt to pay for other projects, pocketed a lot of money, and left the shareholders with paper that was worth a whopping .11 a share and got delisted from the stock exchange.

Not to mention all the offshoring of jobs by companies like Dade Instrument and Sealy Mattress, which Bain owned for a time.

I hope you all realize how really bad this is going to look when some PAC alligned with Obama makes these into commercials with crying employees and shuttered factories.

AmPad and GS Steel were failing companies. AmPad mostly because they didn't grasp the fact that the typewriter's day had come and gone. Do democrats REALLY believe that Romney took control of successful companies and closed them for the sole reason of putting people out of work? Is that a tenet of their belief system. It would tell us a great deal about how crazy they really are.

A couple of problem with this premise.

First, the typewriter factory in question. It was actually purchased alone with a lot of assets while AmPad was owned by Bain. The factory was retooled to make other things, but the first thing they did was get rid off all the workers with their unions benefits.

Second, no, I don't think he was firing people for the pure joy of it. Of course, it's hard to tell when he says things like "I like to be able to fire people who provide me service". What he did was take struggling companies with brand names that held weight in the industry, and used them to leverage buy out other companies before leaving the whithered husk in its wake.

Now, I am sure that in some business schools, this is taught as being wonderful. But it sure looks bad, doesn't it?

Its terrible.......

More along the lines of someone loans you money, but their intent is to sell off your stuff at a fraction of what you paid for it, leaving you with bad debts...

Which is pretty much what happened at AmPad, for instance, where they ran up 400 million in debt to pay for other projects, pocketed a lot of money, and left the shareholders with paper that was worth a whopping .11 a share and got delisted from the stock exchange.

Not to mention all the offshoring of jobs by companies like Dade Instrument and Sealy Mattress, which Bain owned for a time.

I hope you all realize how really bad this is going to look when some PAC alligned with Obama makes these into commercials with crying employees and shuttered factories.

I am not worried about the lies Obama must tell. He cant run on his record. Could you point out where Bain held a gun to the heads of the troubled companies to take the money or else.

AmPad and GS Steel were failing companies. AmPad mostly because they didn't grasp the fact that the typewriter's day had come and gone. Do democrats REALLY believe that Romney took control of successful companies and closed them for the sole reason of putting people out of work? Is that a tenet of their belief system. It would tell us a great deal about how crazy they really are.

A couple of problem with this premise.

First, the typewriter factory in question. It was actually purchased alone with a lot of assets while AmPad was owned by Bain. The factory was retooled to make other things, but the first thing they did was get rid off all the workers with their unions benefits.

Second, no, I don't think he was firing people for the pure joy of it. Of course, it's hard to tell when he says things like "I like to be able to fire people who provide me service". What he did was take struggling companies with brand names that held weight in the industry, and used them to leverage buy out other companies before leaving the whithered husk in its wake.

Now, I am sure that in some business schools, this is taught as being wonderful. But it sure looks bad, doesn't it?

:rofl:

I am not worried about the lies Obama must tell. He cant run on his record. Could you point out where Bain held a gun to the heads of the troubled companies to take the money or else.

Lots of people have done lots of bad things to me in my life.

Not a one of them ever held a gun to my head.

What is it and your fixation with guns? Must be a phallic thing....:eek:

As far as Obama's record, he can plausibly argue- "I found an economy in free fall. I tried to do exactly what FDR did to save it, the Republicans frustrated me at every turn, but although we hit a high of 10% in 2009, we are now at 8.5% (probably less by November), the stock market has bounced back, even though they are not hiring after we saved them.

"In short, there are people who have jobs today because I made the effort."

Now, I think there are holes in that narrative that could be punched into, but they can't be done by Mittens.

First, that ObamaCare has scared a lot of employers away from hiring. Mittens can't make that argument because he imposed the "Beta Version" of ObamaCare on his state.

Second, that he wasted a lot of money investing in flops like Solyndra.(SP) Again, he can't make that argument because he has GS Steel and AmPad and Dade Diagnositcs and a bunch of other corpses in his closet.

So to recap. Awful candidate, who can't take advantage of the weaknesses because his own conduct has been just as bad.

Oh good now we are onto grammer[sic], I dont give shit about my grammer[sic]. My grammer[sic] doesnt change the fact .

I guess you "don't give shit" ( :rolleyes: ) about spelling either.

:clap2:

You're just fucking stupid.

Awwww..... isn't it cute, trying to make an argument.... It's like watching a two year old wear his daddy's shoes....

iphone_photo.jpg

Some day it might grow up and make a real argument.

Forum List

Back