Romney says no abortion legislation.

You can probably trust Romney on this one.

Abortion has always been "Rube-Bait".

It's how you get the dumb rubes voting against their own economic interests.

Plutocrat - "Hey, that lady's going to have an abortion!"

Rube - "What? That makes me mad! I'm voting Republican!"

Plutocrat - "Oh, we just passed a free trade treaty and are moving your job to China! And getting a tax break to do it!"

Rube - "Duh...uhhhhh.... what?"

Plutocrat - "HEy, those two queers are about to get married!"

Rube - "What? That makes me mad! I'm voting Republican!"

The reality of the matter is, the only way Romney can have a real effect on this issue is if a liberal justice dies or retires, and he replaces them with another mouth breather like Scalia or Thomas.

And even then, you still have Kennedy and I suspect Roberts, who just aren't going to go up that hill.

I think it's the mean-spiritedness of his position that should have people worried.

Which I agree with 100%. Notice he did not talk about litmus tests for the Supreme Court though.

He also is only talking about the federal level, which I also agree with

Go Mitt.

actually, he said no "pending" legislation.

he's a liar.

have at it if you'd like, though.

He would only be a "liar" if he stated HE WOULD NEVER consider anything such as this. He supported the bill you are referring before, but right now, he doesnt.

Hell Obama changed his position on Gay Marriage, and I dont see anyone on the left calling him a liar for stating he opposed it just a few months ago.

I keep forgetting that lying is relative, based upon a persons agreement with the statement in question.

Isnt a variable opinion on something called "nuanced"? I recall that was touted as a virtue by democrats a few short years ago. How times have changed things.

Romney is no new threat to abortion rights.

He certainly is if you believe there are currently 4 votes on the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade.

Only in states where the majority of the people want such laws restricting abortion.

In all of the blue states and even some red states laws protecting abortion rights would be passed in a heartbeat.

Three. Roberts is no threat to Roe.

Romney is no new threat to abortion rights.

He certainly is if you believe there are currently 4 votes on the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade.

I dont know about that. The Obamacare decison was about letting a legislature define what it wants to do with regards to healthcare. One COULD see that as a foreshadowing towards letting abortion be returned to the legislatures, but I could be wrong.

There should be no restrictions on abortion up until the age of two, and all expenses free of charge to the executioners......................

Forum List

Back