Romney responds to Obama’s ‘silver spoon’ jab

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
A day after President Barack Obama declared, "I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth," a not-so-subtle swipe at Mitt Romney's wealth, the former Massachusetts governor responded by accusing the president of "attacking people" instead of "attacking problems."

In an interview on "Fox & Friends," the presumptive Republican nominee said he would not apologize for his father's achievements and his upbringing.

"I'm certainly not going to apologize for my dad and his success in life," Romney told Fox News. "He was born poor. He worked his way to become very successful despite the fact that he didn't have a college degree, and one of the things he wanted to do was provide for me and for my brother and sisters."

Romney accused Obama of "taking aim at anybody he can find these days" to avoid his own political problems.

"I know the president likes to attack fellow Americans. He's always looking for a scapegoat, particularly those (who) have been successful like my dad," Romney said. "I'm not going to rise to that. This is a time for us to solve problems. This is not a time for us to be attacking people, we should be attacking problems."

Romney responds to Obama

I find it interesting considering that Obama attended some fancy schools on his own, but I guess that is different...:)

I find it interesting considering that Obama attended some fancy schools on his own, but I guess that is different...:)

Yeah, I wonder how he afforded that? Harvard ain't cheap.

well, the president worked for it. romney went on daddy's dime.

but did you have the same interest when romney said that the president "spent too much time at harvard" when he went to the same school?

didn't think so...

Rather than wonder how obama paid for college, a better point to ponder is how he got in and how did he graduate?

In his own words he was lazy and never got beyond mediocre grades. Since when did mediocre grades get a student into Harvard.

For that matter, how the HELL did he get to be editor of the Harvard Law Review. He's the only one to have ever been editor of the HLR without publishing a paper of his own. To this very day he's never published a legal analysis. He was editor for only one year and that year is the least cited in HLR history!

Rather than wonder how obama paid for college, a better point to ponder is how he got in and how did he graduate?

In his own words he was lazy and never got beyond mediocre grades. Since when did mediocre grades get a student into Harvard.

For that matter, how the HELL did he get to be editor of the Harvard Law Review. He's the only one to have ever been editor of the HLR without publishing a paper of his own. To this very day he's never published a legal analysis. He was editor for only one year and that year is the least cited in HLR history!

he was top 10% of his law school class or he wouldn't have been on law review.

what's to wonder about?

Forum List

Back