Romney Pay's 13.9% Effective Tax Rate

Throw in a first 20k exemption and you got yourself a deal. Until then you're just hammering Americans who are barely getting by.

You wont do that because you hate these people.

So a progressive system to be fixed with another progressive system... fix taxing people differently with taxing people differently

Idiotic

your subjective 'pity' taking precedence over equal treatment

Nah.... I'll stick with all the positives and negatives that come with it, to have equal treatment

But what you want is not "equal". That's been established.

No.. it is indeed equal.. it is not as subjectively 'fair' as you want it to be...

5% of every dollar, whether it is dollar 1 or dollar 1000000001 is indeed equal... every dollar is treated the same, and every person treated blindly the same no matter the income, race, ethnicity, sex, political leaning, marital status, sexual orientation, career choice, income origination, location, or whatever else..

But that's not good enough for a lib... it has to be pandering and subjective

i'm gonna go with you.

do you know someone who voluntarily pays more than they're legally required to?

Big assed Bingo.

Some senators and Warren Buffet put some extra money toward the debt. I think it was enough to last 30 seconds but it was something.

Nice way to piss your money away. Until Government gets spending under control, it is laughable that any assclown would give them yet more cash.

Romney, on the other hand, gave his inheritance to charity.... which, I suspect, did a damned sight more good than the 'big gesture' of Buffet.

Throw in a first 20k exemption and you got yourself a deal. Until then you're just hammering Americans who are barely getting by.

So a progressive system to be fixed with another progressive system... fix taxing people differently with taxing people differently

Idiotic

Nah.... I'll stick with all the positives and negatives that come with it, to have equal treatment

The current same dollar for dollar system is "equal". A flat tax rate on every dollar is "equal". A flax tax sans the first 20k is "equal".

The issue is what's "best" for our country, not what's equal.

That doesn't make it the best possible system.

The people on the bottom still have to eat. If you tax the poor more, they will depend on assistance from others more - be it government, charity, their neighbors, or, ultimately, involuntary contributions made by victims of property crimes. The essentials they require to live on have to come out of the economy somewhere - and if you take a share of these essentials away by taxing them more, they will have to come from somewhere other than by the money earned by the poor.

Point of fact the first $10,000 earned in a year by someone who makes $20,000 a year is WORTH MORE to that person than the last $10,000 earned by someone who makes $100,000,000 a year. You can tax the latter MORE and still be removing an equal amount of VALUE from each taxpayer.

Last edited:
i'm gonna go with you.

Do you know someone who voluntarily pays more than they're legally required to?

so far, warren buffet and congressman scott rigel.

say hi to warren and scott the next time the three of you are hanging out, otay?

ok

I don't actually get to see the tax returns of my friends and family- so I would have no idea what kind of voluntary contributions they make. On the Louisiana state tax returns, you are allowed to make voluntary contributions, on top of your tax dollars, things like the military family assistance fund, the coastal protection and restoration fund, the Louisiana charter of the national MS society, and the food bank association.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
Big assed Bingo.

Some senators and Warren Buffet put some extra money toward the debt. I think it was enough to last 30 seconds but it was something.

Nice way to piss your money away. Until Government gets spending under control, it is laughable that any assclown would give them yet more cash.

Romney, on the other hand, gave his inheritance to charity.... which, I suspect, did a damned sight more good than the 'big gesture' of Buffet.

More good than Buffets "big gesture"?

. In June 2006, he announced a plan to give away his fortune to charity, with 83% of it going to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.[107] He pledged about the equivalent of 10 million Berkshire Hathaway Class B shares to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (worth approximately US$30.7*billion as of June 23, 2006),[108] making it the largest charitable donation in history, and Buffett one of the leaders of philanthrocapitalism.[109] The foundation will receive 5% of the total donation on an annualised basis each July, beginning in 2006. (Significantly, however, the pledge is conditional upon the foundation's giving away each year, beginning in 2009, an amount that is at least equal to the value of the entire previous year's gift from Buffett, in addition to 5% of the foundation's net assets.) Buffett also will join the board of directors of the Gates Foundation, although he does not plan to be actively involved in the foundation's investments.[110][111]

Warren Buffett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Idiotic

The current same dollar for dollar system is "equal". A flat tax rate on every dollar is "equal". A flax tax sans the first 20k is "equal".

By definition... and as shown many times... the current system is not equal.. and an alleged flat system with a floor (which is shown to be a disguised progressive system) is not equal...

But just keep believing that

Idiotic

The people on the bottom still have to eat. If you tax the poor more, they will depend on assistance from others more - be it government, charity, their neighbors, or, ultimately, involuntary contributions made by victims of property crimes. The essentials they require to live on have to come out of the economy somewhere - and if you take a share of these essentials away by taxing them more, they will have to come from somewhere other than by the money earned by the poor.

Point of fact the first $10,000 earned in a year by someone who makes $20,000 a year is WORTH MORE to that person than the last $10,000 earned by someone who makes $100,000,000 a year. You can tax the latter MORE and still be removing an equal amount of VALUE from each taxpayer.

Subjectively worth more... the value of a dollar is the value of a dollar... until you put personal situations into it... and that is exactly why we have the taxation mess we have now

Subjectively worth more... the value of a dollar is the value of a dollar... until you put personal situations into it... and that is exactly why we have the taxation mess we have now

Not subjectively. It is objectively true that someone who makes 20k a year needs their first 10k more than someone who makes 100,000,000 a year needs their last 10k.

It is also objectively true that someone who make 20k a year is, on average, going to spend a much greater portion of their first 10k into the economy (like all of it) in the purchase of goods and services - directly stimulating economic growth - while someone who makes 100,000k a year will almost certainly spend none of their last 10k directly into the economy.

BTW, the dollar isn't worth anything at all once you take people out the equation.

Last edited:
But it isn't illegal.

If it isn't illegal why would you hate him for doing that?

please.. show me the post where I said no one is allowed to criticize Romney. I said he did nothing illegal, and libtards are whining about him... but I don't recall saying you are not allowed to whine like butt-fucked pigs.

Show the post where anyone said this is an issue because he is breaking the law. You ready to have any honest discussion now are do you want to continue to be a stubborn ass?

form the first thread on this...
Are you really trying to make the point that it is no ones business if a potential POTUS is a tax cheat? Seriously?

Is there any reason to put money in the Caymans besides to shelter it from taxes?

Is there any reason to put money in the Caymans besides to shelter it from taxes?
And WHAT business is it of yours? Does it deprive YOU one iota?

He's running for president, if he is a tax cheat then it has a very direct bearing on his probable policy decisions. It's a hell of a lot more pertinent than Obama's kindergarten records.

A corporate raider/tax cheat? Perfect LOL!! And the dupes see nothing wrong....unbelievable LOL!! All the Pub candidates appear to be scum hypocrites, and their voters brainwashed dupes. Just watched Nightline on this- Tomrrow- Newt's ex is dealing dirt....lololololol!

Pub dupes- can't do anything but "No, you did!" Unbelievable. Having millions in the Cayman banks IS cheating- not $30 k mistakes (by an accountant) one pays back...no matter what Rush goes on about for YEARS...you people are a mindless disgrace....Marxists LOL!!

uh huh

:rolleyes:

sure you are

That's your response? Seriously?

What, am I lying about what I believe?

You could have just said...oh, you know what I didn't realize that is what you had an issue with. Now that I know, we can discuss.....

But no, you decided to take another, more ignorant route. Well done.

you presume that a) i give a shit what you think and b) i care to discuss it with you

these would be incorrect presumptions

thank you

So when you said
del said:
i'm gonna go with you.

That was you not wanting to discuss or giving a shit about what I said? :eusa_eh:

What a bunch of sad responses. How stubborn and pathetic can you possibly be? Congrats on being no better than the countless assholes on this site who have no interest in actual discussion. Simply Pathetic.

Big assed Bingo.

First you do realize that you are talking about a guy that has pledged to give away over 90% of his total lifetime earnings to charity, and has already given away billions right?
For some reason I think buffet's billions > Romneys millions.

That's your response? Seriously?

What, am I lying about what I believe?

You could have just said...oh, you know what I didn't realize that is what you had an issue with. Now that I know, we can discuss.....

But no, you decided to take another, more ignorant route. Well done.

you presume that a) i give a shit what you think and b) i care to discuss it with you

thank you

So when you said
del said:
i'm gonna go with you.

That was you not wanting to discuss or giving a shit about what I said? :eusa_eh:

What a bunch of sad responses. How stubborn and pathetic can you possibly be? Congrats on being no better than the countless assholes on this site who have no interest in actual discussion. Simply Pathetic.

translation: If you do not agree with me, that proves you have no interest in actual discussion.

All in all I don't blame Romney one bit. I blame the tax code. A guy is going to pay what he has to pay. Further, does anyone even think he or Buffet does their own taxes?

Idiotic

But what you want is not "equal". That's been established.

No.. it is indeed equal.. it is not as subjectively 'fair' as you want it to be...

5% of every dollar, whether it is dollar 1 or dollar 1000000001 is indeed equal... every dollar is treated the same, and every person treated blindly the same no matter the income, race, ethnicity, sex, political leaning, marital status, sexual orientation, career choice, income origination, location, or whatever else..

But that's not good enough for a lib... it has to be pandering and subjective

Wrong, not equal. Peoples first dollars go towards life necessities while someones 1 millionth dollar does not. Taxing both of those dollars at the same rate only hurts the poor who are struggling for the necessities .

More good than Buffets "big gesture"?

. In June 2006, he announced a plan to give away his fortune to charity, with 83% of it going to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.[107] He pledged about the equivalent of 10 million Berkshire Hathaway Class B shares to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (worth approximately US$30.7*billion as of June 23, 2006),[108] making it the largest charitable donation in history, and Buffett one of the leaders of philanthrocapitalism.[109] The foundation will receive 5% of the total donation on an annualised basis each July, beginning in 2006. (Significantly, however, the pledge is conditional upon the foundation's giving away each year, beginning in 2009, an amount that is at least equal to the value of the entire previous year's gift from Buffett, in addition to 5% of the foundation's net assets.) Buffett also will join the board of directors of the Gates Foundation, although he does not plan to be actively involved in the foundation's investments.[110][111]

Warren Buffett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I specified his donation to government as a 'big gesture', you fucking half wit. The US Government is not a charity. Give to charity - good thing. Give to Government - asinine big gesture. Ain't rocket science.

24 January 2012
Last updated at 03:20 ET

Wealthy Romney ‘pays 13.9% tax’ | Stock Market News - Business & Tech News

Mitt Romney said he paid all the taxes that were legally required – and not a dollar more

US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he expects to pay about $6.2m (£4m) in taxes on income of $42.5m in the last two years.

That makes for a tax rate of 13.9% in 2010 and an expected rate of 15.4% in 2011, his campaign said.

My wife and I receive pensions and social security which we earned and paid into all our lives and we pay 19%. Everything we have is paid for so all our income is subject to taxation at some percentage....even our social security.

Then why don't you support people who want to lower tax rates so they are the same for everyone?

Here is one more government tax scam on people who work for a living.

Retirement accounts and social security are taken pretax then when you retire ALL of it even the capital gains are taxed as regular income.

So you see the government is screwing you yet you want more government control.

Go figure.

24 January 2012
Last updated at 03:20 ET

Wealthy Romney ‘pays 13.9% tax’ | Stock Market News - Business & Tech News

Mitt Romney said he paid all the taxes that were legally required – and not a dollar more

US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he expects to pay about $6.2m (£4m) in taxes on income of $42.5m in the last two years.

That makes for a tax rate of 13.9% in 2010 and an expected rate of 15.4% in 2011, his campaign said.

My wife and I receive pensions and social security which we earned and paid into all our lives and we pay 19%. Everything we have is paid for so all our income is subject to taxation at some percentage....even our social security.

Thank Bill Clinton for that, Rube

thank you

So when you said
del said:
i'm gonna go with you.

translation: If you do not agree with me, that proves you have no interest in actual discussion.

Not at all. I have discussions on this site with people I disagree with, on a regular enough basis that I know it's possible. Unfortunately none of them are in this thread.

Forum List

Back