Romney Pay's 13.9% Effective Tax Rate

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
24 January 2012
Last updated at 03:20 ET

Wealthy Romney ‘pays 13.9% tax’ | Stock Market News - Business & Tech News

Mitt Romney said he paid all the taxes that were legally required – and not a dollar more

US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he expects to pay about $6.2m (£4m) in taxes on income of $42.5m in the last two years.

That makes for a tax rate of 13.9% in 2010 and an expected rate of 15.4% in 2011, his campaign said.

My wife and I receive pensions and social security which we earned and paid into all our lives and we pay 19%. Everything we have is paid for so all our income is subject to taxation at some percentage....even our social security.

Last edited:
24 January 2012

Mitt Romney said he paid all the taxes that were legally required – and not a dollar more

US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he expects to pay about $6.2m (£4m) in taxes on income of $42.5m in the last two years.

That makes for a tax rate of 13.9% in 2010 and an expected rate of 15.4% in 2011, his campaign said.

My wife and I receive pensions and social security which we earned and paid into all our lives and we pay 19%. Everything we have is paid for so all our income is subject to taxation at some percentage....even our social security.

Evil bastard.

24 January 2012

Evil bastard.

Someone is missing the point. Guess who that is?

Guy, if you think, "Well, I used the law to pay a lower rate than you peasents do" is going to get Rom-bot Mark IV over the hump, you are delusional.

This just plain looks bad to the guy paying 21% on a 40K salary who is stuck with an underwater mortgage and a busted 401K that some Wall Street Fat Cat got rich on.

24 January 2012

Evil bastard.

If something isn't illegal it cannot be validly criticized. Everyone knows that.

24 January 2012

Evil bastard.

pretty much anyone who whines like a butt-fucked pig about Romney's taxes. He's no different than any other politician. He paid what he was legally required to, nothing more and nothing less. I do the same thing.

3.5 Million to his church? That's some serious tithing!

He also donated an additional +/-3.5M to charity. Unless that was an "I'm running for pres so let's look good this year", it's a very impressive figure.

pretty much anyone who whines like a butt-fucked pig about Romney's taxes. He's no different than any other politician. He paid what he was legally required to, nothing more and nothing less. I do the same thing.

Haha, STILL missing the point. Keep trying though. We'll wait.

OH, I don't think he's ever going to get the point.

I thought he was just being a wise ass with his first post, now it's becoming clear that he's just a bit "slow"...

Evil bastard.

And I do too. The difference between Romeny and the rest of us is he wants to be president of the United States. Yet parks his legally - not necessarily morally - earned money in banks and other instruments outside of the United States.

Romney is an empty suit, proped up by the Mormon Church which has enormous funds available to influence his nomination and election anonymously (thanks to CU v. FEC).

Yes, what Romney is doing is perfectly legal. It's not illegal to have your money in Swiss Bank accounts or to have your business be a PO Box in the Caymen Islands...but it does look really bad for the person who wants to be President of the United States to do all these things, doncha think?

I'm paying double what he does in taxes, plus because of the Defense of Marriage Act, which he supports, I pay more taxes than other married couples across the US.

Good old Mittens...representing the 1% well.

Haha, STILL missing the point. Keep trying though. We'll wait.

OH, I don't think he's ever going to get the point.

I thought he was just being a wise ass with his first post, now it's becoming clear that he's just a bit "slow"...

implied_facepalm.jpg

"Dude! You had a threesome with my girlfriend and my little sister! WTF?!"

"Is it illegal?"

"Why, no it isn't. My bad. Sorry, for getting out of line there."

Evil bastard.

His net worth is in excess of $250,000,000. His daddy owned the Nash automobile company. Anybody who earns less than $100,000 a year and votes for pricks like that is a little bit phuckin stupid. What the hell has he ever done except manipulate his inheiritance

Questing, Would it be legal or ethical for a wealthy candidate to donate to his church, if the church in turn donates to a super PAC which supports him?

Since CU v FEC allows for anonymity, we will never know unless someone in the know has evidence and blows a whistle.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back