Romney Pay's 13.9% Effective Tax Rate

"Dude! You had a threesome with my girlfriend and my little sister! WTF?!"

"Is it illegal?"

"Why, no it isn't. My bad. Sorry, for getting out of line there."

Since YOU brought them into it, the rules state it's open season.

If they don't have a ring on, they are both fair game. Not someone else's problem if you can't satisfy your GF and she goes looking elsewhere.

Good thing people like Mittens and Paris Hilton only pay HALF the tax rate that someone who goes to work every day, day in, day out for 40 years pays.

Well.. impose a flat 20% tax on every dollar earned, no matter the source, with zero exceptions, and zero loopholes... then you would have no complaints, right??

Throw in a first 20k exemption and you got yourself a deal. Until then you're just hammering Americans who are barely getting by.

You wont do that because you hate these people.

24 January 2012
Last updated at 03:20 ET

Wealthy Romney ‘pays 13.9% tax’ | Stock Market News - Business & Tech News

Mitt Romney said he paid all the taxes that were legally required – and not a dollar more

US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he expects to pay about $6.2m (£4m) in taxes on income of $42.5m in the last two years.

That makes for a tax rate of 13.9% in 2010 and an expected rate of 15.4% in 2011, his campaign said.

My wife and I receive pensions and social security which we earned and paid into all our lives and we pay 19%. Everything we have is paid for so all our income is subject to taxation at some percentage....even our social security.

So? Please share, what was your effective tax rate last year?

"Is it illegal?"

If they don't have a ring on, they are both fair game. Not someone else's problem if you can't satisfy your GF and she goes looking elsewhere.

What if it's your best friend who does this to you?

Well.. impose a flat 20% tax on every dollar earned, no matter the source, with zero exceptions, and zero loopholes... then you would have no complaints, right??

I think there needs to be some exemption for say, first $15,000 or whatever... that is open for discussion. After that, yes indeed... flat rate for EVERYBODY.

"Is it illegal?"

And I wasn't bringing my GF and lil sister "into it"... I put forth a hypothetical situation.

If you take that as an opening to start leveling personal attacks on my family there will be a problem.

Last edited:

"Is it illegal?"

And I wasn't bringing my GF and lil sister "into it"... I put forth a hypothetical situation.

If you take that as an opening to start leveling personal attacks on my family there will be a problem.
If you think I attacked anyone, please feel free to report my post.

pretty much anyone who whines like a butt-fucked pig about Romney's taxes. He's no different than any other politician. He paid what he was legally required to

Well, Rangle and Daschle didn't. Don't you like how Democrats are upset about a Republican who paid his taxes and could give a crap about Democrats who committed massive fraud? But that is liberalism...

Good thing people like Mittens and Paris Hilton only pay HALF the tax rate that someone who goes to work every day, day in, day out for 40 years pays.

You got it.....I worked for the same company for 41 years and my total lifetime earnings was about $500,000. We lived modestly and educated all three of my children, two with masters degrees. While I was paying for the house and we were tithing to the church we were always tight but after my various homes were paid off and I quit the church when I was about sixty years old we're still paying at a higher rate than Romney but we don't have to worry about anything.

If you think I attacked anyone, please feel free to report my post.

I don't think you did. Hence, the word "if".

You got it.....I worked for the same company for 41 years and my total lifetime earnings was about $500,000. We lived modestly and educated all three of my children, two with masters degrees. While I was paying for the house and we were tithing to the church we were always tight but after my various homes were paid off and I quit the church when I was about sixty years old we're still paying at a higher rate than Romney but we don't have to worry about anything.

You earned 12,500/yr?

You earned 12,500/yr?

"Is it illegal?"

What if it's your best friend who does this to you?

*ahem*

The one fair and relevant question to ask Mitt Romney in light of this is,

'You pay 15% now. Why do you feel you need to pay even less than that in the future?'

Romney's tax plan would give him a huge tax cut, would bust the budget (again!) and would actually raise taxes on many lower income Americans.

You got it.....I worked for the same company for 41 years and my total lifetime earnings was about $500,000. We lived modestly and educated all three of my children, two with masters degrees. While I was paying for the house and we were tithing to the church we were always tight but after my various homes were paid off and I quit the church when I was about sixty years old we're still paying a higher rate than Romney but we don't have to worry about anything.

Ok, let me get this straight.... 41 years, $500,000.. that' an average of $12,195/yr. Off of this, you bought not one, but TWO homes, tithed to the church AND sent three kids through college two of which with advanced degrees.

You sure this is what you are saying? And at $12,195/yr... that means you paid $0 income taxes for 41 years and you are bitching because Romney only paid $3,000,000+... a year?

Sounds like you should be sending the American taxpayer a thank you card becuase you have been living of them for your entire adult life.

Last edited:
pretty much anyone who whines like a butt-fucked pig about Romney's taxes. He's no different than any other politician. He paid what he was legally required to

Well, Rangle and Daschle didn't. Don't you like how Democrats are upset about a Republican who paid his taxes and could give a crap about Democrats who committed massive fraud? But that is liberalism...

Yep and Tim Geitner kinda sorta forgot to pay his as well.

Don't hesitate to bring that up when Rangel and Daschle run for president.

Forum List

Back