Romney last night: "The stimulus could have been better directed"

Really?

Not "it shouldn't have even existed"?

So basically he supports the trillion dollar waste.

Why does this guy keep getting recycled each election?

This is the exact reason why the republican party is really just democrat lite.

maybe if it had been "redirected" properly it would not have been such a waste. all it ever really was under obummer was political payback to his supporters at the expense of the 50% of us who pay Federal Income Tax.

Oh ok, all the sudden Keynesian spending is fine now as long as it's targeted better?

Give me a break. You're either a fiscal conservative or you aren't.

What these people are saying is that they wouldn't give a shit about adding a trillion dollars to the deficit if it happened in the form of a big check showing up in their mailbox.

I don't trust Romney, but it's looking more and more like he is going to be the nominee.

This crop of candidates are the "tweeners" (except for Rick Perry and Dr. Paul).

They are the old GOP, because none of the new GOP dynamic are strong enough or well known enough to mount a presidential campaign.

Perry (who is still my number one pick) was unprepared, he saw what we saw, and jumped in a race that he wasn't ready to run.

Dr. Paul's foreign policy, drug policy and anti-Israel platform is anathema to most social conservatives and defense hawks.

Newt might make a great vice president, but he's too much a product of the establishment to be embraced by the new wave of fiscal conservatism.

Santorum is too strongly associated with anti-gay policy.

Huntsman could run as a Democrat.

That leaves Romney.

He can win.

He can gut Obamacare.

And if Candidate Romney reverts to Governor Romney when he becomes President Romney...we will immediately begin planning for the 2016 Republican Primary.

Just because Romney sucks a little less than the rest of them isn't a good enough reason for me to vote for Romney.

I honestly don't think Romney can win. I don't think people in this country are ready to elect a Mormon.

I think Obama is waiting until the nomination fight is over, and he's going to hit Romney with everything he has.

Personally, I don't give a whit or a tittle that he's a Mormon.

Mormons, in general, are good folks, and it seems to me that they live their lives more in accord with the teachings of their scripture than most Christians.

JMHO, YMMV.

The stimulus should have been a check made out to the tax paying individuals of this country. That money would have eliminated public debt and would have stengthened our economy in all sorts of ways. Entrepenuership would have exploded, as these people would have had the money to start up their own business. Investment would have increased. Homes would have been payed off deflating the bubble. Each tax paying person in this country getting a check for 100k instead of bailing out banks and businesses, would have benefitted us much better than what actually happened.

Good plan. According to my quick calculation, your plan would have cost 20 trillion dollars.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

112 million tax payers x $100,000 = 11,200,000,000,000

not counting the cost of actually doing it.

so yeah, 20 trillion is a great guess.

I used a 200,000,000 taxpayers figure.

I just told you that the context was exactly what you had said in your last post.

And I still don't agree with the statement.

I'm sorry if that upsets you.

Wait, no I'm not.

Upsets me? Not during this lifetime, I can assure you. Please don't confuse my anal retentive desire for context with any kind of emotion. I dislike it when other people project their own emotions onto me. It shows a lack of intellect.
Yeah and I dislike when people are too stupid to realize the answer they're looking for is right the fuck in front of them, but you don't see me going off about it post after post.

You paraphrasing a sentence, without any background as to what the sentence was in response to, or the context of the sentence, is not 'right the fuck in front of them'. It is just you whining about a sentence that you (regardless of context) disagree with.

I find that somewhat surprising. Normally you are not someone I dismiss as an idiot.

Upsets me? Not during this lifetime, I can assure you. Please don't confuse my anal retentive desire for context with any kind of emotion. I dislike it when other people project their own emotions onto me. It shows a lack of intellect.
Yeah and I dislike when people are too stupid to realize the answer they're looking for is right the fuck in front of them, but you don't see me going off about it post after post.

You paraphrasing a sentence, without any background as to what the sentence was in response to, or the context of the sentence, is not 'right the fuck in front of them'. It is just you whining about a sentence that you (regardless of context) disagree with.

I find that somewhat surprising. Normally you are not someone I dismiss as an idiot.

cali girl...listen...

As soon as you posted an example of what he may have been saying, which ended up being the actual context, I told you that you were right, and that was the context, but that I still didn't agree with the overall premise to begin with.

But then you continued complaining about context. There's not much more I can do to help at that point.

maybe if it had been "redirected" properly it would not have been such a waste. all it ever really was under obummer was political payback to his supporters at the expense of the 50% of us who pay Federal Income Tax.

I agree. We should have just given the wealthy more tax breaks. We know how well THAT has worked in the past. :cuckoo:

and yet the un refutable fact is that MORE tax revenue was collected under President Bush administration than under Clinton or Obummer.
As usual......the "talk" on your playground was wrong.

It's no wonder you (consistently) "forget" to attach any facts, to support your allegations.

handjob.gif

"Virtually every economics Ph.D. who has worked in a prominent role in the Bush Administration acknowledges that the tax cuts enacted during the past six years have not paid for themselves--and were never intended to. Harvard professor Greg Mankiw, chairman of Bush's Council of Economic Advisers from 2003 to 2005, even devotes a section of his best-selling economics textbook to debunking the claim that tax cuts increase revenues."

Tax Cuts = BU$HIT

"It is the third year in a row the federal government has taken in more than it spent, and has paid down the debt. The last time the U.S. government had a third consecutive year of national debt reduction was 1949, said the official."

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
528.gif

Really?

How can anyone say - one way or the other - unless you provide the actual quote in context. I'm beyond bored with this ridiculous (and monumentally stupid) habit of taking one sentence and making it into a fucking issue.

Can we not have some actual intelligent debate on here - just for the craic of it?

There, context. Now show us some intelligent debate about it.

And, Governor Romney, we’ll begin with you. We just saw 200,000 new jobs created last month, and there are optimists who say this is the signal that this economy is finally turning around. Are you with those optimists?

ROMNEY: I’m an optimist, and I certainly hope it turns around. We have millions of people who’ve been suffering too long, 25 million people that are out of work or have stopped looking for work, and also a lot of people who’ve got part-time jobs and need full-time employment. So it’s very good news. I hope we continue to see good news.

But it’s not thanks to President Obama. His policies have made the recession deeper, and his policies have made the recovery more tepid. As a result of everything from Obamacare to Dodd-Frank to a stimulus plan that was not as well directed as it should have been to a whole host of new regulations that have been put on American businesses, he’s made it harder for small entrepreneurs and big businesses to decide to invest in America and to grow jobs here.

And so the president is going to try and take responsibility for things getting better. You know, it’s like the rooster taking responsibility for the sunrise. He didn’t do it. In fact, what he did was make things harder for America to get going again.

Really?

How can anyone say - one way or the other - unless you provide the actual quote in context. I'm beyond bored with this ridiculous (and monumentally stupid) habit of taking one sentence and making it into a fucking issue.

Can we not have some actual intelligent debate on here - just for the craic of it?

And, Governor Romney, we’ll begin with you. We just saw 200,000 new jobs created last month, and there are optimists who say this is the signal that this economy is finally turning around. Are you with those optimists?

ROMNEY: I’m an optimist, and I certainly hope it turns around. We have millions of people who’ve been suffering too long, 25 million people that are out of work or have stopped looking for work, and also a lot of people who’ve got part-time jobs and need full-time employment. So it’s very good news. I hope we continue to see good news.

But it’s not thanks to President Obama. His policies have made the recession deeper, and his policies have made the recovery more tepid. As a result of everything from Obamacare to Dodd-Frank to a stimulus plan that was not as well directed as it should have been to a whole host of new regulations that have been put on American businesses, he’s made it harder for small entrepreneurs and big businesses to decide to invest in America and to grow jobs here.

And so the president is going to try and take responsibility for things getting better. You know, it’s like the rooster taking responsibility for the sunrise. He didn’t do it. In fact, what he did was make things harder for America to get going again.

"As it should have been". So I paraphrased in my OP, but the point was still made, and the context doesn't change what he still said. He clearly says that not only should the stimulus have existed, but that it should have just been spent better.

No real fiscal conservative would say anything even remotely along those lines.

"As it should have been". So I paraphrased in my OP, but the point was still made, and the context doesn't change what he still said. He clearly says that not only should the stimulus have existed, but that it should have just been spent better.

No real fiscal conservative would say anything even remotely along those lines.

CG just attacks posters; her game is to pretend she's smart.

Really?

More than 100 Republican Senators and Congressmen who voted against the stimulus took that money and created thousands of jobs.

Scott Brown, Republican who voted against the stimulus, saw what happened in in a neighboring state when broad band was installed. "King Arthur Specialty Flour" is a perfect example. They increased their business and hired many more new people in everything from warehouse management to building websites to everything in between. So he took stimulus money to install broad band in the business community in his state to achieve the same kind of growth.

http://it.unh.edu/media/pmcs/LetterSupport_KingArthur_03_22_10.pdf

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzjcA2aWILo]King Arthur Flour: 220-Year-Old Startup - YouTube[/ame]

And this is why Republicans shouldn't be managing anything. They have no vision, they don't understand investment and they are simply too fucking stupid as this OP demonstrates.

Does anyone else have stimulus success stories? I think I can name about two dozen without going and looking them up. But looking on the Internet, I could probably list a hundred. MORE than a hundred. Just find out what Republicans spent the money on.

Really?

More than 100 Republican Senators and Congressmen who voted against the stimulus took that money and created thousands of jobs.

Scott Brown, Republican who voted against the stimulus, saw what happened in in a neighboring state when broad band was installed. "King Arthur Specialty Flour" is a perfect example. They increased their business and hired many more new people in everything from warehouse management to building websites to everything in between. So he took stimulus money to install broad band in the business community in his state to achieve the same kind of growth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzjcA2aWILo]King Arthur Flour: 220-Year-Old Startup - YouTube[/ame]

And this is why Republicans shouldn't be managing anything. They have no vision, they don't understand investment and they are simply too fucking stupid as this OP demonstrates.

Does anyone else have stimulus success stories? I think I can name about two dozen without going and looking them up. But looking on the Internet, I could probably list a hundred. MORE than a hundred. Just find out what Republicans spent the money on.

I can name some success stories.

Union bosses had a fantastic Christmas this year.

King Arthur Flour: 220-Year-Old Startup - YouTube

Link? Only 10% of American workers belong to a union. That's not really enough to whine about.

But I think the right has an interesting policy. Should make a great election year slogan:

:dance: ****PROSPERITY THROUGH LOWER WAGES****:dance:

Link? Only 10% of American workers belong to a union. That's not really enough to whine about.

But I think the right has an interesting policy. Should make a great election year slogan:

If only 10% of workers are union, and so much money was thrown at union projects, then it would stand to reason that the primary beneficiaries were the union bosses.

You can if you want to. I'm already depressed by how many "conservatives" are willing to delude themselves about Romney.

Honestly, I feel like that movie where Roddy Piper is the only one who can see the aliens.

To the point. Romney thinks that there should be universal health care. Everyone should be covered. Now, if given his druthers, Obama would have prefered a Canadian style single payer system (which would actually be more efficient than the 500 middleman system that RomneyCare and ObamaCare actually are.) Romney liked a system that gave huge payoffs to Big Insurance whether we wanted them or not.

The ugly little secret about Obama/RomneyCare - the Insurance companies are all for it. It increases their customer base, and they will probably find new ways to cheat customers out of payments.

The real problem is that health costs are spiralling out of control, and no one has a good plan for solving that problem. All ObamneyCare does is put a bandaid on the sucking chest wound.

I see the aliens too.

To be fair, sort of, Obamacare is federal. Romneycare was a program he presumed was what would be best for his particular state. When looking at it as just a general states rights issue, it's fine. I don't live in Mass so who am I to say what their healthcare program should be?

But this said, I still don't trust Romney.

Finally! Some people get it. What Romney did at a state level is not the point. If that's what the will of the people in his state wanted, so be it. What we cannot have is the bullshit of ObamaCare at a federal level. It will not work, it will be a major catastrophe, and the country will be stuck with it forever.
Go find a pageant, somewhere, Bubblehead......

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Boehner_crying_narrow.jpg

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
528.gif

If only 10% of workers are union, and so much money was thrown at union projects, then it would stand to reason that the primary beneficiaries were the union bosses.

Don't you guys ever provide links to anything you say? Ever?

it worked and would have worked better with MORE stimulus as apposed to all the tax cuts the right insisted on

The only thing that's working is the economy....as in fear of total Democrat control being over has improved it.

Funny how when Obama held all of the cards everything was falling apart. Now that he doesn't things are improving.....but that doesn't stop him from claiming credit for it.

Obama said in the past that if things didn't turn around he'd be a one term president. He acknowledged his political accountability.

it worked and would have worked better with MORE stimulus as apposed to all the tax cuts the right insisted on

The only thing that's working is the economy....as in fear of total Democrat control being over has improved it.

Funny how when Obama held all of the cards everything was falling apart. Now that he doesn't things are improving.....but that doesn't stop him from claiming credit for it.

Obama said in the past that if things didn't turn around he'd be a one term president. He acknowledged his political accountability.

Then why is he running for re-election?

Until some conservatives got in the House, things were steadily going south. since, not so bad.

But I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Personally, I don't give a whit or a tittle that he's a Mormon.

Mormons, in general, are good folks, and it seems to me that they live their lives more in accord with the teachings of their scripture than most Christians.

JMHO, YMMV.

My encounters with Mormons have been just the opposite. I wouldn't trust one as far as I could throw him.

Also, they have beliefs that are so crazy they shouldn't be let out of the house without adult supervision.

But to the point, Evangelicals won't support them, and the GOP can't win without them.

It's good to show contempt for your base. :lol:

Forum List

Back