Romney kicked Gingrich's ass tonight!

I agree mostly, but I feel Newts thinking on Nasa is by far the best.

I think Newt would gain much more ground "if" he would push for mining corperations to get into the business of moon, mars and astroids. This way not only would we get many spin off from putting men on both, but also would start going after resources and growing our wealth.

If you think that the only place that has resources and wealth is earth. Then I feel sorry for you because space has a 9.0x10^100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times the resources then this little planet.

Worried about fresh water? Well, the asterioid belt and europa are a few places with fresh water that would last thousands of years!

Worried about running out of mentals---Moons, asteriods have it.

There is unimaginable gold, diamond, iron, ect to be mined.

Who's to say that we couldn't make it profitable.

If I was newt, I'd do this, but then allow a science lab on the mining base. A town or city could be built around it. You can't do that until you can make a profit and have a job to do so. So this fixes many things.

If humanity is going to go to the stars this is the way we must do it.

Now Mathew, I am willing to bet that Newtie promised all of his wives the moon.

I think Newt would gain much more ground "if" he would push for mining corperations to get into the business of moon, mars and astroids. This way not only would we get many spin off from putting men on both, but also would start going after resources and growing our wealth.

Worried about fresh water? Well, the asterioid belt and europa are a few places with fresh water that would last thousands of years!

If I was newt, I'd do this, but then allow a science lab on the mining base. A town or city could be built around it. You can't do that until you can make a profit and have a job to do so. So this fixes many things.

That's a horrible idea... We need spending cuts and to fix the economy. Trying to get companies to rush to asteroids for mining is like 20-10000 years off.

Well, if we keep pushing it off it wil be closer to 10,000 years from now and China will own the resources. We could pay off our debt with just the resources of the moon and opening up our resources right here on earth! We must add to the net of wealth we're capable of getting to grow our economy at the same time we cut programs in other area's. Truthfully, we're going no where unless we can make it profitable as spin offs alone isn't enough anymore.

We can cut from the useless wars and welfare that adds nothing to our economy. In fact it drains it! This would grow it in size and scope.

Last edited:

That's a horrible idea... We need spending cuts and to fix the economy. Trying to get companies to rush to asteroids for mining is like 20-10000 years off.

Well, if we keep pushing it off it wil be closer to 10,000 years from now and China will own the resources. We could pay off our debt with just the resources of the moon and opening up our resources right here on earth! We must add to the net of wealth we're capable of getting to grow our economy at the same time we cut programs in other area's. Truthfully, we're going no where unless we can make it profitable as spin offs alone isn't enough anymore.

We can cut from the useless wars and welfare that adds nothing to our economy. In fact it drains it! This would grow it in size and scope.

Yeah, like I said... Today we need cuts and today we need a healthy economy... You can't go to the moon and mine the galaxy when we are still borrowing 1.6 Trillion year. I have no issue with space, but to be talking about living on the fucking moon after claiming we have a food stamp President is more than just a little out of touch with what is going on in the country and world.

Yeah, I'd like to float around in space and take a vacation at Mars. It's a pandering bullshit idea.

Gingrich is a compulsive liar.

2/3' rd's of the conservative base in this country have voted AGAINST Mitt Romney.

If Mitt Romney wins this nomination it will be be because the Republican establishment whom has circled the wagons to protect him--as they are desperately trying to do right now. They are protecting this flip-flopping--weak kneeded Mass. Moderate--not because they agree with his moderate policies--but because he is a huge campaign donor and endorser to other republican rino campaign's and reelection campaigns. These same people have absolutely no interest in removing Barack Obama from the oval office--but keeping their own jobs.

There is no doubt that the Republican Establishment has turned their backs on 2/3's of the conservative base of this country--whom have voted AGAINST Mitt Romney--and have come out with both guns blazing at any candidate that is a threat to their chosen big money bag.

It's unfortunate--and that's why Tea Party members--like myself will not sell our sole to vote for another non-conservative for President--because of money and influence. Instead I will do a write in on my ballot--and if Barack Obama wins another 4 years--the Republican establishment can only blame themselves for it.

flippin-mitt-blog-10-17-11.jpg

Last edited:
So because 2/3s of the Conservative base oppose Romney, you are going to coalesce around someone even more conservatives oppose?

Last count I saw, 29% of the Tea Party supportered Romney. 28% of the Tea Party support Newt.

Not to mention Newt has a HIGHER unfavorability rating that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

The argument doesnt make sense.

guys, I work for the space program. Love Newts ideas however, hes just out of is mind. no way NASA and the USAF could truly obtain the amount of funding needed to re-modernize. Basically just to modernize to better support today's mission. Not even to mention a moon mission and base.

to truly change the game in space would take half of what the war in Iraq cost, maybe more. the American people are not up for the spending. right? that's all I hear from the GOP.

If you think that the only place that has resources and wealth is earth. Then I feel sorry for you because space has a 9.0x10^100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times the resources then this little planet.

Trust me.....we are not running out of those.

And....Glenn Beck's source of income would most certainly NOT like to find unimaginable gold.

I think having so many debates is really helping Romney. He is so much better since the first debate.

Romney looked in charge, and Newt just looked large.

Mitt did a good job, and I love Paul's sense of humor.

The best lines of the night:

1 - Romney telling Gingrich it was a blind trust, and then telling Gingrich he needs to check his own investments. LOL!

2 - Ron Paul pointing out that Gingrich has stretched the "we balanced the budget for 4 years" way to far. As Paul pointed out, the budget was not balanced.

Gingrich didn't look to good last night. Romney took some shots but I don't think it was a big deal. Ron Paul seems to be fading (altough he was pretty funny) and Santorum is a wild card.

Yeah he did.

Cant believe Newt was attacking Romney for investments in a blind trust. As if Romney has control over anything they invest it. That's the whole point of it being a blind trust.

That "blind " trust really wasn't all that blind. He knew where his investments were going, only a complete fool would blindly allow some one to handle their fortune and/or livelihood.

A blind trust is merely the appearance of avoiding conflicts of interest when in the real world it's plausible deniability.

Forum List

Back