Romney Energy Plan: What Global Warming?

Romney is a shill for the Koch brothers.

Obama has invested in clean energy research.

There are some amazing things being discovered which will change the world.

To bad the money he invested was America's tax payers money and we lost.

Not at all.

University research leads to a lot of great inovations.

Obama gets it. You don't.

Romney is a shill for the Koch brothers.

Obama has invested in clean energy research.

There are some amazing things being discovered which will change the world.

To bad the money he invested was America's tax payers money and we lost.

Not at all.

University research leads to a lot of great inovations.

Obama gets it. You don't.

A picture is worth a thousand words

solyndra.jpg

Man made global warming is a hoax. Flat, plain, simple. It's a hoax.

I understand why people who have a significant financial interest in fossil fuel production and use take that particular position in much the same way that I understood why cigarette companies and tobacco growers took the position that there was no definitive proof that smoking caused lung diseases.

But in the case of smoking, people could always elect to quit -- hopefully in time to prevent an early painful death and financial hardship for their surviving family members.

But climate change is different. Ultimately, there's no place to hide.

So, I find it quizzical why it is that people who don't have a financial interest in fossil fuels are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of conspiracy theories and reject not only scientific findings, but proven scientific concepts as well since the effects of increased carbon dioxide in any planetary atmosphere is no hoax; it traps heat.

Last edited:

I understand why people who have a significant financial interest in fossil fuel production and use take that particular position in much the same way that I understood why cigarette companies and tobacco growers took the position that there was no definitive proof that smoking caused lung diseases.

But in the case of smoking, people could always elect to quit -- hopefully in time to prevent an early painful death and financial hardship for their surviving family members.

So, I find it quizzical why it is that people who don't have a financial interest in fossil fuels are so quick to jump on the bandwagon of conspiracy theories and reject not only scientific findings, but proven scientific concepts as well since the effects of increased carbon dioxide in any planetary atmosphere is no hoax; it traps heat.

We have no need to hide from climate change. However, if we did, there is an easy place to hide: In our houses.

That was a good appeal to emotion. But the AGW crowd is still inconclusive and far more than that, the politicizing of sucha science with "cap n trade" carbon talks does nothing to confront the problem if there really was one.

But go on believeing the psuedo-science and regurgitate teh talking points. Add some emotional appeal either through guilt, fear or both and you may sway a simple mind or two.

The idea that humans can significantly impact carbon dioxide levels on earth to the point where it causes a significant increase in global temperatures independent of all other factors is just way too far fetched for me. How long have we, as humans, been tracking the earth's temperature? 100, maybe 150 years? And how accurate were those reading 100 years ago, even 50 years ago?

Do people realize that the earth formed over 4 billion years ago and was once a conglomeration of molten lava? If you divide 100 by 4,000,000,000, we've been monitoring global temperatures for 0.0000025% of the earth's life. If you compare that to an 80 year old human's lifespan, it would be like like taking their temperature for 1 minute.

I'm all for science of every kind but let's not jump to conclusions so quickly. And if green energy is all that and a bag of chips, surely it can stand on it's own alongside traditional methods.

We have no need to hide from climate change. However, if we did, there is an easy place to hide: In our houses.

You don't know much about it, do you?

You don't know much about it, do you?

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out it's nonsense. But if the tempature goes up, stay in the air conditioning. If the tempature goes down, stay in the heat. Again, not really something to stress about.

The idea that humans can significantly impact carbon dioxide levels on earth to the point where it causes a significant increase in global temperatures independent of all other factors is just way too far fetched for me. How long have we, as humans, been tracking the earth's temperature? 100, maybe 150 years? And how accurate were those reading 100 years ago, even 50 years ago?

Do people realize that the earth formed over 4 billion years ago and was once a conglomeration of molten lava? If you divide 100 by 4,000,000,000, we've been monitoring global temperatures for 0.0000025% of the earth's life. If you compare that to an 80 year old human's lifespan, it would be like like taking their temperature for 1 minute.

I'm all for science of every kind but let's not jump to conclusions so quickly. And if green energy is all that and a bag of chips, surely it can stand on it's own alongside traditional methods.

You start with a false premise. Just because we haven't been directly monitoring the daily temperature of various places on Earth for any more than 150 years, doesn't mean that science can't decipher the conditions on Earth (including temperature) based on the historical record, tree rings, the fossil record, ocean sediments, and ice core records.

That was a good appeal to emotion. But the AGW crowd is still inconclusive and far more than that, the politicizing of sucha science with "cap n trade" carbon talks does nothing to confront the problem if there really was one.

But go on believeing the psuedo-science and regurgitate teh talking points. Add some emotional appeal either through guilt, fear or both and you may sway a simple mind or two.

That wasn't an emotional appeal. It was all fact.

And by the way, all the pseudo-science is on the side of the climate change deniers.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

All the Scientific Societies in the world, all the National Academies of Science, and all of the major Universities of the wold state that AGW is real and a clear and present danger. But an anamous poster on a message board claims it is a hoax, without even a single link to a scientific source to lend credance to his claim

Oh, who to believe, who to believe:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back