Romney camp behind anti-Gingrich--Reagan stories-

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Rush: Romney Camp Behind Anti-Gingrich Stories
Friday, 27 Jan 2012 02:07 PM
By Amy Woods

On his radio show today, Rush Limbaugh highlighted an article in The American Spectator by Jeffrey Lord that picked apart and called misleading Elliot Abrams’ article in National Review about Newt Gingrich.

The article prompted Limbaugh to conclude Abrams must have been “spoon-fed” the material about Gingrich’s after-hours speeches on the House floor in the 1980s by rival Mitt Romney’s campaign.

“Jeffery Lord, like me, didn’t understand all this stuff with Newt yesterday,” the conservative pundit said, referring to a series of stories that ran earlier in the week casting Gingrich in a negative light for his anti-Ronald Reagan remarks while a young representative.

Abrams’ article is “devastating” to the Republican presidential candidate, Limbaugh said Thursday.

“It seems like Elliott Abrams has been had,” he said. “I’m just going to have to assume here that Elliott Abrams was spoon-fed this stuff by the Romney people. This is a stunning piece, but the genie’s out of the bottle. You can’t put all this back in the bottle now.”

If any of you are Rush Limbaugh listener's--Limbaugh blasted Gingrich with this National Review article on Thursday of this week--stating that Elliott Abrams--was just impeccable in his journalism--but at the same time sure didn't remember any of these allegations coming at Newt Gingrich during this time period. Limbaugh acknowledged that Newt Gingrich was a warrior for Ronald Reagan--and of course Nancy Reagan and Micheal Reagan have endorsed Newt Gingrich--and they certainly wouldn't have done that--if he had ever spoken badly of Reagan.

Well today--the very day after the Jacksonville debate--this National Review article was blasted on Limbaugh's show--Limbaugh was forced to retract it all from this article from the American Spectator--stating that the National Review via Elliot Abrams was spoon fed this false information by the Romney campaign. So I guess Elliot Abrams was either bought off to put this false article out--and or he is NOT as impeccable as Rush Limbaugh touted him to be the day before--:cuckoo: It would sure be nice if radio talk show hosts actually INVESTIGATE these stories before they babble them out to the public. I am certain that this story took Newt Gingrich down a few points in Florida--and it was nothing more than lies coming from the Romney campaign.

These kind of tactics are splitting the conservative base in two. The anger from both camps is about to explode. And if it doesn't stop--it would not surprise me to see a 3rd party candidate in this race--insuring another 4 years of Barack Obama.

zLOudIsdTFK3JVabdibnmw.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back