Romney blames both Biden and Trump for crisis in Afghanistan, says the Afghan war should continue, & that Americans should welcome Afghan refugees!

....on moral grounds, we have to take them in...but, really we don't want anymore--especially since some will be terrorists....

Who does Romney blame for going into Afghanistan? How about the southern border? Does he ever speak ill of China, the CCP or the origins of the virus?

He and Cheney appears to me to be one trick ponies. Unfortunately the old Establishment bet on the wrong horses.

Who does Romney blame for going into Afghanistan? How about the southern border? Does he ever speak ill of China, the CCP or the origins of the virus?

He and Cheney appears to me to be one trick ponies. Unfortunately the old Establishment bet on the wrong horses.
Nothing you said addresses the comments about Afghanistan. You just want to rag on Romney? Is that your purpose here?

Slade3200 it is the Afghanis fault ..they can't get their shit together decades ago or now ...not our fault at all
Agreed that Afghanistan is at fault. But we put ourselves at a greater risk by bailing and now the country is being run by the Taliban. Not smart.

Slade3200 it's a '''HUMONGOUSLY''' complex war .....from the tiny villages to the President that ran away ...yes, would be nice to have an ANA that secured their country--but, that's a no...so the best we could do is kill some of the bad guys, which we did
..we just about did the best we could considering how fkd up [ corruption/etc ] that country has been for decades

Slade3200 it's a '''HUMONGOUSLY''' complex war .....from the tiny villages to the President that ran away ...yes, would be nice to have an ANA that secured their country--but, that's a no...so the best we could do is kill some of the bad guys, which we did
..we just about did the best we could considering how fkd up [ corruption/etc ] that country has been for decades
I commend those in uniform that served over there. I just think the way this thing ended is a horrible mistake. Trump and Biden screwed us. We could have kept that government together with a minimal presence over there. Announcing that we are leaving is what activated the Taliban, and then once we reduced our forces they took over. Now the situation is fucked for decades. Complete disaster

Nothing you said addresses the comments about Afghanistan. You just want to rag on Romney? Is that your purpose here?
Well I will address the comments about Afghanistan,

The idea that we could pull out of a dangerous place where radical violent jihadists are organizing — that we could pull out of that and that is going to stop them — that's fantasy," he said. "They'll continue in their effort to regroup and come after America.

It is just plain stupid, the whole idea of "preemptive strikes", and it is immoral. It was wrong after 9/11 and it is wrong today. If we wanted to go after the source of the 9/11 attacks we would have bombed Saudi Arabia into the stone age. Or at least destroy every single oil well in the country. It is that oil money that is the source of all this terrorists, religious, idiocy. So stop it at the source.

You want targets to bomb, bomb the madrasas, and start with those in Pakistan. Again, attack this shit at the source. Until we do we are playing nothing more than whack a mole. And that is just it, we are playing whack a mole and we keep putting in quarters. Just unplug the damn machine and those moles won't pop up anymore. We can spend the quarters on more worthwhile pursuits.

My purpose is to cut through the same old B.S that has brought the West to its current situation. This situation only gets worse if America falls further behind with poor advice.

Unlike most on here, I follow International forums and news sites. I patiently read through popular comments on youtube videos. The decades of bad decisions compound the problems as they continue without being addressed.

If Romney has provided any fresh ideas or dealt with any issue other than war, I haven't heard them. There is a reason a convenient retirement allowed him to run in the only state he could win with certainty even as he doesn't live there. This, after trying so hard to have more influence for his old failed pals when he tried to become SOS.

Let's cut through it shall we. Politics is destroying all of the West and placing a wedge between traditional allies. From "woke" culture to your southern border, we heard foreign governments wonder what is going on. Now this disasterous withdrawal.

Romney will blame anyone but his declining cult. This isn't a game as so many get wealthy off of it without even understanding where the real power lies and what that enemy nations(s) agenda is.

Last edited:
My purpose is to cut through the same old B.S that has brought the West to its current situation. This situation only gets worse if America falls further behind with poor advice.

Unlike most on here, I follow International forums and news sites. I patiently read through popular comments on youtube videos. The decades of bad decisions compound the problems as they continue without being addressed.

If Romney has provided any fresh ideas or dealt with any issue other than war, I haven't heard them. There is a reason a convenient retirement allowed him to run in the only state he could win with certainty even as he doesn't live there. This, after trying so hard to have more influence for his old failed pals when he tried to become SOS.

Let's cut through it shall we. Politics is destroying all of the West and placing a wedge between traditional allies. From "woke" culture to your southern border, we heard foreign governments wonder what is going on. Now this disasterous withdrawal.

Romney will blame anyone but his declining cult. This isn't a game as so many get wealthy off of it without even understanding where the real power lies and what that enemy nations(s) agenda is.
Haha, again Bad Romney, bad establishment, no commentary on what was actually said about the situation. Go take a nap or something

Winston bombing Saudi Arabia would've been a very stupid move--these are terrorists groups with no country ...sure, they were Saudi Arabians, but they were based in Afghanistan/etc--that's why these are very difficult wars
..so we bomb Saudi Arabia--where? who?

Haha, again Bad Romney, bad establishment, no commentary on what was actually said about the situation. Go take a nap or something

Of course the withdrawal was bad. Trumps decisions weren't great either, but does this guy realize there ere ZERO U.S casualties during Trumps last 18 months?

Now, the idea of withdrawal was overwhelmingly popular with Americans. Clearly the withdrawal went poorly, but it almost certainly wouldn't have gone with way under Trump. Having 2,500 there having th same impact as 15,000 was a good scenario. Trump himself warned in 2017 against a full withdrawal due to the advice he received.

Was America inevitably going to leave? Unless you created a legitimate East/West scenario, than yes. 20 Years and $2T later while China agressively ate into U.S influence, what else would Americans expect?

Of course the withdrawal was bad. Trumps decisions weren't great either, but does this guy realize there ere ZERO U.S casualties during Trumps last 18 months?

Now, the idea of withdrawal was overwhelmingly popular with Americans. Clearly the withdrawal went poorly, but it almost certainly wouldn't have gone with way under Trump. Having 2,500 there having th same impact as 15,000 was a good scenario. Trump himself warned in 2017 against a full withdrawal due to the advice he received.

Was America inevitably going to leave? Unless you created a legitimate East/West scenario, than yes. 20 Years and $2T later while China agressively ate into U.S influence, what else would Americans expect?
Trump was pushing for full withdrawal by Christmas before he left office. He was tweeting about it. How is a 2017 comment relevant?!

Winston bombing Saudi Arabia would've been a very stupid move--these are terrorists groups with no country ...sure, they were Saudi Arabians, but they were based in Afghanistan/etc--that's why these are very difficult wars
..so we bomb Saudi Arabia--where? who?
Saudi Arabia is a backward ass hellhole. You must have missed where I said stop this shit at the source, and that is the money. Not only were the 9/11 bombers overwhelmingly Saudi, their financing came from Saudi Arabia. Those madrasas I suggested we bomb, again, the majority of their financing comes from Saudi Arabia. I mean the country is a monarchy, the very type of government we rebelled from. And that monarchy treats their people like total shit. Worried about out how the Taliban treat women, what about Saudi Arabia. And what about the way they treat Shiites?

And I told you the targets to bomb. The oil fields. Destroy their oil infrastructure and they will be left eating camel shit. We don't need their oil. To be blunt, I would rather buy oil from Iran than Saudi Arabia. And I am sorry, but perhaps personal experience has tainted my perception. But every Sunni I have ever known was a total asshat. Shias, on the other hand, have been among the finest people I have ever known. And my experience is rather extensive. My college roommate was a classmate of Osama Bin Laden.

Forum List

Back