Rolling Stones vs Beatles

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Another thread got me thinking.

Of course the Beatles explosion got folks interested in British Bands.

My first temptation is to think the Stones were more modern and singing edgier tracks like "Satisfaction" and "Get off of My Cloud" while the Beatles were just beginning to end their Menudo phase with "Help" and "Ticket to Ride" (Not a bad song I might ad).

Even by 67's Sgt Pepper the Stones struck harder with Sympathy For the Devil, Street Fighting Man, Jigsaw Puzzle, Salt of the Earth, and the favorite of statuary rapists everywhere, Stray Cat Blues from Beggars Banquet.

A decent tune. A real decent one which holds up well.

I think it isn't a leader in any way. Besides being released after the before mentioned Stones tunes it's after Steppenwolf's The Pusher.

The Beatles made more great music in their time together than the Stones have in their careers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GtHTwoaQtI&feature=related[/ame]

The Rolling Stones suck out loud. I can't fucking stand them. They were no talent hacks and the only reason they're not all living in refrigerator boxes is that the music industry made them famous and I heard "Satisfaction" and "Get Off My Cloud" EVERY FUCKING HOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR when I was growing up!

I don't know how people even mention the Stones and the Beatles together; its so fucking sick. It's like comparing I don't know what, the Stones owe their career to Payola. Frank Zappa should get all the Rolling Stones airtime

While I appreciate all that the Beatles did, I like their psychedelic and rock stuff the best. The other stuff I call bubblegum Beatles.

I like almost all of the Stones, but they cannot compare in the psychedelic department, IMO. The Stones are definitely more influenced by American blues, and I like the blues.

Eh, hard call - there's good about both.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faEEro38pEA&feature=PlayList&p=C55FAB96ACF2241A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2[/ame]

Why do people compare the Beatles with the Stones? Cause they're both British? Might as well compare the Beatles with John Clesse

Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery, White Album and Abbey Road I mean JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!

They pushed the boundaries of music like no other band ever did. It's like comparing Einstein with one of the Global Warming Poseurs

Billy was a Mountain.

Why do people compare the Beatles with the Stones? Cause they're both British? Might as well compare the Beatles with John Clesse

Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery, White Album and Abbey Road I mean JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!

They pushed the boundaries of music like no other band ever did. It's like comparing Einstein with one of the Global Warming Poseurs

Billy was a Mountain.

i prefer the beatles and the kinks to the stones.

shake up the pale dry ginger ale.

i prefer the beatles and the kinks to the stones.

shake up the pale dry ginger ale.

The Kinks really got you huh? All day and all of the night, till the end of the day, ev'rybody's gonna be happy listening to them! :D

The Beatles were ok. The Stones were so-so. While it's true that the Beatles did a lot to sway the music industry, I don't consider them the greatest band that ever lived. I think the Bee Gees did as much for the music industry as the Beatles did. Even with that said, the Bee Gees weren't the best band going. Every group added a little. Nobody had the market on the music world. All the bands have added a little flavor to the soup.

Forum List

Back