ROLL TIDE!

What the fuck happened? Stunned.

Several things happened.

First, Clemson came in well prepared. Bama did as well, but Clemson wanted payback.

The turning points in the game were Bo Scarborough getting hurt and the pooch kick.

Once Bo left the game, the Alabama offense could not sustain drives. Clemson has a great D line. It takes a power back with speed to get over on them. Bo could do it. But they contained Jalen Hurts well. As long as Bo was a threat, the rest of the good plays (pass to OJ Howard, the double pass ect) were doable. And once the offense was going 3 and out over and over, the Alabama defense started wearing down. There is not a college team in the country that can have their defense play 99 downs and not be at least a little gassed. The pass rush started to slack up late in the 4th quarter. Once Watson wasn't running for his life, he could move the ball and score.

The pooch kick was on 4th and 1. It backed Bama back to their own 5 yardline. 3 tries to get out and punt. That put Clemson on the 42, facing a tired defense and Watson did what he did.

It was the best two college football teams in the country playing a game that was decided in the final minutes (or seconds) of the game. Can't ask for more.

First, Clemson came in well prepared. Bama did as well, but Clemson wanted payback.

I think many people underestimate this. It's very, very difficult to beat a great team twice in a championship contest. Clemson clawed and scraped their way back to that game and last year's loss was a major motivator for them. Avenging that loss became their reason to live.

Alabama, as invincible as they've been all season, has had some looming problems and they became apparent in this game. Our offensive line has been struggling all year to give the QB time and make key blocks for the runners. Sometimes they do well, most of the time they don't, and our offense struggles. We also have trouble executing sometimes... it's not the play calling as much as the execution.

On defense, we've been playing lights-out but again, we have shown signs of weakness in defending the medium-to-long passes when the QB has time in the pocket. And then, there is special teams... we're like Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde, up and down all season there.

Clemson obviously did their homework and came in with a great game plan designed to exploit our every weakness. Their defense did an exceptional job in the 2nd half of containing us and putting the football back in the hands of DeShaun Watson and that explosive offense. Our defense didn't play with the same "nastiness" they did in the first half, mostly because they had no time to rest. As the game wore on, it became more difficult for them to get off the field and when they did, our offense was going 3-and-out. You can't win that way.

I think many people underestimate this. It's very, very difficult to beat a great team twice in a championship contest. Clemson clawed and scraped their way back to that game and last year's loss was a major motivator for them. Avenging that loss became their reason to live

Clemson players said that themselves...for weeks now.

Alabama, as invincible as they've been all season, has had some looming problems and they became apparent in this game. Our offensive line has been struggling all year to give the QB time and make key blocks for the runners. Sometimes they do well, most of the time they don't, and our offense struggles. We also have trouble executing sometimes... it's not the play calling as much as the execution.

It seemed to get worse toward the end of the season, and it still makes me wonder if it had to do with the Kiffin stuff.

On defense, we've been playing lights-out but again, we have shown signs of weakness in defending the medium-to-long passes when the QB has time in the pocket. And then, there is special teams... we're like Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde, up and down all season there.

Our D was worn out from the O having so many 3 and outs.

Clemson obviously did their homework and came in with a great game plan designed to exploit our every weakness. Their defense did an exceptional job in the 2nd half of containing us and putting the football back in the hands of DeShaun Watson and that explosive offense. Our defense didn't play with the same "nastiness" they did in the first half, mostly because they had no time to rest. As the game wore on, it became more difficult for them to get off the field and when they did, our offense was going 3-and-out. You can't win that way.

OOPS That is what I said above. Anyone watching the game knows that too. I still snicker at the haters not realizing that Dabo is a Bama boy. He played on the '92 National Championship team. He loves Bama. I too am proud of him. And even of it hurts, I am happy for Clemson.

I just keep thinking of how much happier I am than if OSU had beaten us.... I think I might be ready to kill myself if URBAN were getting all the accolades! ;)

I just keep thinking of how much happier I am than if OSU had beaten us.... I think I might be ready to kill myself if URBAN were getting all the accolades! ;)

LOL You mean urban liar?

I hate losing. But there is some consolation knowing that the team that beat us, in one of the best championship games in the history of college football, had just handed OSU a humiliating defeat.

Hell yeah!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!
Glad you guys didn't win AGAIN

Yeah, I can understand that. And Clemson played one helluva game.
No one other than the fans of the dynasty likes seeing them win year after year. Like the Yankees in the past, Red Wings in the past, Patriot's now, Bulls of the past, or Dallas Cowboys of the past or that women's basketball team Tennessee or the Harlem Globe Trotters.

The Harlem Globetrotters are the best dynasty. How can you hate on them?
Trump said their games (Globetrotters) are rigged. Liberals don't believe him.

The best thing about this seasons bowl games?

78 teams played in a bowl game. Only 1 failed to score a single point.

Heheh...

meme.jpg

I'm having real internal turmoil over Alabama vs. FSU in the opener. I root for both teams. Because fuck the Gators.

Forum List

Back