Roe v. Wade will be overturned soon, and then abortion will be outlawed in most states...

I know the Supreme Court is not supposed to be political or influenced by public opinion, but in a June 2019 poll,
Some 77% of Americans want the U.S. Supreme Court to keep Roe v. Wade in place, according to an NPR/PBS News/Marist poll released Friday, while just 13% want it overturned and another 11% are unsure.
Americans overwhelmingly support Roe v. Wade, but still favor abortion restrictions

There are many in the 13% on this board, but you are sorely outnumbered and you will NOT get your way in your states, either.

How many people in the poll think overturning Roe would mean a nationwide abortion ban?

And before you dismiss this, how many people thought Trump was removed from office when the House Impeached him?

Outlawing abortion does does stop abortion anymore than outlawing guns stops people being shot. It does make the abortions much more dangerous to the pregnant woman however.
Making wife beating illegal instead of regulated makes it much more dangerous to the beaten wife.

Allowing children to be killed because some people will kill children anyway is a poor argument.

Killing children is illegal. Aborting a fetus is not.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not an advocate for any person wanting an abortion after 4 months or later, and certainly post birth abortions are clearly murder. But the morning after pill thru the first trimester I can accept.

I know the Supreme Court is not supposed to be political or influenced by public opinion, but in a June 2019 poll,
Some 77% of Americans want the U.S. Supreme Court to keep Roe v. Wade in place, according to an NPR/PBS News/Marist poll released Friday, while just 13% want it overturned and another 11% are unsure.
Americans overwhelmingly support Roe v. Wade, but still favor abortion restrictions

There are many in the 13% on this board, but you are sorely outnumbered and you will NOT get your way in your states, either.

How many people in the poll think overturning Roe would mean a nationwide abortion ban?

How many?

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

Question for pro-aborts: What's your plan for after this happens?

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.

Get out your wallet, your taxes for welfare and foster care of unwanted children is going to skyrocket.
A second effect from your ignorance will be a rise in crime. (Read "Freakanomics")
And only an idiot puts a zygote or an embryo in the same realm as an autonomous human being.
Science always such a challenge for you?

Roe v Wade will not be reversed

What will happen is women in Red States will have birth control and abortion services restricted and will have to travel to receive abortions

I really don’t care, women in Red States deserve what they voted for

It's not that difficult to understand (or look up). Planned Parenthood provides education and supplies contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancies from happening in the first place. I don't see the pro-life movement as a whole really giving a shit and some of them are even against providing information and tools to avoid getting pregnant in the first place.

395-291.png

Unintended pregnancies and abortions averted by Planned Parenthood, 2015
I'm not knocking contraceptives, but for all Guttmacher knows, 90% of people receiving contraceptives may never have used them. Their numbers are barely more than wild guesses.

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.

Women will vote for the Democrats to overturn the bullshit and given women back their rights. 80% of Americans favour safe, legal, abortions. 8 million more female voters than male.

It's not that difficult to understand (or look up). Planned Parenthood provides education and supplies contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancies from happening in the first place. I don't see the pro-life movement as a whole really giving a shit and some of them are even against providing information and tools to avoid getting pregnant in the first place.

395-291.png

Unintended pregnancies and abortions averted by Planned Parenthood, 2015
I'm not knocking contraceptives, but for all Guttmacher knows, 90% of people receiving contraceptives may never have used them. Their numbers are barely more than wild guesses.

They are estimates based on services that Planned Parenthood currently provides.

What does the pro life movement provide other than failed abstinence only propaganda?

Are you prepared to put women to death for breaking the law in your 'prolife' state?

Last edited:
Outlawing abortion does does stop abortion anymore than outlawing guns stops people being shot. It does make the abortions much more dangerous to the pregnant woman however.
That's like saying outlawing slavery doesn't stop slavery, a true statement, but so what?

You don't allow people to kill people or enslave them even if it makes things more difficult for people who want to kill people or enslave them.

When is it a person? That is the question.

That is the question that each individual uses to determine their stance on abortion. For the extreme pro-life camp, that moment is at conception, which precludes the use of the morning after pill. For the extreme pro-choice camp, that moment is when the baby is born. And then you have the Hitler-abortionist who are ok with post birth abortions, more commonly described as murder.

What will happen is women in Red States will have birth control and abortion services restricted and will have to travel to receive abortions

Women in red states won't get abortions freely like Democrats do.

Not all women in red states voted the same way.

No, they'll need a greyhound ticket.

Are you OK with providing services to these unwanted kids?

They are estimates based on services that Planned Parenthood currently provides.

What does the pro life movement provide other than failed abstinence only propaganda?
I stand by that their estimates are not well-founded.

As for the pro life movement, it is essentially Republican, and in Republican strongholds, contraceptives are freely available for whoever wants them.

They already do

How many?

it is a common misconception.

Women will vote for the Democrats to overturn the bullshit and given women back their rights. 80% of Americans favour safe, legal, abortions. 8 million more female voters than male.

Once again assuming all women are like you, and are a monolithic voting bloc.

Bans like Alabama would pass wouldn't fly without support from Women in the State, and a large number of them.

And a large portion of that 80% want elective abortions to be confined to the first trimester.

No, they'll need a greyhound ticket.

Are you OK with providing services to these unwanted kids?
No they wont, because they wont be getting any abortion.

I'm for providing services wherever warranted. If they're "unwanted" they shouldn't be with the adults who don't want them. If they get adopted, it's likely they'll be in good homes, and will get the services they need there.

I stand by that their estimates are not well-founded.

The study isn't based on counting condoms. It's based on the impact of family planning clinics.

As for the pro life movement, it is essentially Republican, and in Republican strongholds, contraceptives are freely available for whoever wants them.

The profile movement is based in denying real information on sex, disease and contraception and has proven to be harmful to our youth.

Research Confirms That Abstinence-Only Education Hurts Kids

Some Republicans have also been in favor of banning certain types of contraception and remove contraceptive coverage from health insurance.

GOP opposition to birth control is politics, period (opinion) - CNN

Republicans have also made untruthful statements about birth control. The Trump administration has questioned the ability of birth control to prevent unintended pregnancies.

Trump administration questions birth control's health benefits

In the rule released Friday, officials attacked a 2011 report that recommended mandatory birth-control coverage to help women avoid unintended pregnancies. That report, requested by the Department of Health and Human Services, was done by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine – then the Institute of Medicine – an expert group that serves as the nation’s scientific adviser.

“The rates of, and reasons for, unintended pregnancy are notoriously difficult to measure,” according to the Trump administration’s interim final rule. “In particular, association and causality can be hard to disentangle.”

Sure, I believe most Republicans are in favor of available birth control. The rabid pro-life movement on the other hand is a very specific sub-set of an already diseased ideology.

Forum List

Back