Roe v. Wade will be overturned soon, and then abortion will be outlawed in most states...

Nanny statist should be careful what they wish for. It would force the Democrats to pay more attention to state and local governance again.

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

Question for pro-aborts: What's your plan for after this happens?

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.

I disagree with that. Let the States sort it out.

My view is I don't support banning abortion, but I do support regulating it. For cause only after say 1/2 way through the 2nd trimester, no free elective abortions, and parents have to be notified for minors.

Interesting.

Do you agree that children have a Constitutional right to the equal protections of our laws?

Can you explain why it is that you feel those rights should not begin when their lives do?

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.

My view is I don't support banning abortion, but I do support regulating it. For cause only after say 1/2 way through the 2nd trimester, no free elective abortions, and parents have to be notified for minors.

Interesting.

Do you agree that children have a Constitutional right to the equal protections of our laws?

Can you explain why it is that you feel those rights should not begin when their lives do?

My issue is the balance between the right of the State to dictate to people vs. the right of people in general, born or unborn.

To me while abortion is abhorrent, banning it outright is a bridge I don't want to cross. My issue is Roe is horrible law, and States should be able to decide themselves based on our Constitution. I personally wouldn't vote to ban abortion, but to limit elective abortions to a certain time period.

To me the balance over "elective" abortions is viability. If you can figure it out by then, you are "pot committed" as the poker term goes.

If Roe v Wade is overturned, well the good news for Conservatives is that wealthy Conservatives can still send their girlfriends to other states for abortions.

My plan is to point out that people like yourself want to charge a 12 year old rape victim who takes the morning after people when raped by her father with murder.

That is how much you hate women.

Interesting.

My issue is the balance between the right of the State to dictate to people vs. the right of people in general, born or unborn.

To me while abortion is abhorrent, banning it outright is a bridge I don't want to cross. My issue is Roe is horrible law, and States should be able to decide themselves based on our Constitution. I personally wouldn't vote to ban abortion, but to limit elective abortions to a certain time period.

To me the balance over "elective" abortions is viability. If you can figure it out by then, you are "pot committed" as the poker term goes.

In general I agree with you regarding viability and so does Roe.

Interesting.

Roe is terrible law, it made up a right out of thin air, and did nothing to end the debate on the issue.

Interesting.

Drugs are replacing the need for clinics, so at least to some extent the traditional limits on state's to not regulate abortions before viability will continue despite what theocrats can buy from the Supreme Court.

Interesting.

It tried to reach a humane, social solution to a political problem. And that's generally not a role for courts.

Roe is terrible law, it made up a right out of thin air, and did nothing to end the debate on the issue.
It tried to reach a humane, social solution to a political problem. And that's generally not a role for courts.

Interesting.

Children do have Constitutional protections. Potential future children do not.

If the fetus implanted 3 days earlier is a child........why don't we recognize that fetus as a child- in anyway? Our tax code doesn't. Our laws don't.

If child dies under unknown circumstances, the coroner has to investigate and determine the cause of death.
Will that apply to miscarriages?
Are you going to investigate each miscarriage to determine whether the woman might have taken the morning after pill? Or whether she may be culpable for the miscarriage just like a mother who leaves her child in a hot car is?

You planning on going back and charging every woman who has ever had an abortion with murder? I mean murder is murder- if those fetuses are children- then we have millions and millions of 'murderers' in America that are currently living successful lives- and you don't want them to get away with that do you?

Interesting.

I wouldn't call it humane for the fetus, but they tried to get the country past the issue, and failed miserably.

I think if it was left to the States the issue would have progressed naturally over time to be less restrictive, except for the States where they are wholly against it.

Interesting.

No- Roe didn't make up a right out of thin air. It was a natural progression for the recognition of individual rights to privacy that started with overturning the bans on contraceptives and contraception information.

I don't think any law would end the debate- but it did allow poor women access to save and legal abortions that they didn't have before.

Interesting.

So, is it fair to say that as far as you are concerned, a childs rights shouldn't begin when their life does but instead, their rights should not begin until they live long enough and develop past the arbitrarily decided point that you call "viability?"

Is that right?

Interesting.

No- Roe didn't make up a right out of thin air. It was a natural progression for the recognition of individual rights to privacy that started with overturning the bans on contraceptives and contraception information.

I don't think any law would end the debate- but it did allow poor women access to save and legal abortions that they didn't have before.

There is no wording for "privacy" in the constitution. It was a square peg round hole attempt to get past an issue, and it didn't work.

There are just as many opinions on Roe being wrong vs. it being right. That alone shows the ambiguous nature of the decision.

Interesting.

So, is it fair to say that as far as you are concerned, a childs rights shouldn't begin when their life does but instead, their rights should not begin until they live long enough and develop past the arbitrarily decided point that you call "viability?"

Is that right?

I am saying that a line has to be drawn somewhere, and that's where I draw the line. Others may draw the line elsewhere.

I am pro-abortion for the first trimester and afterwards if the baby life or woman life are at risk are the only time or if the victim is of rape or incest...

I am sure you believe a woman that is raped or a child that got pregnant from incest should be forced to carry that child...

Lysistrata said:
The only way a person could be considered to be a "pro-abort" if they go around encouraging people to have an abortion rather than take a pregnancy to term.
Like Planned Parenthood Locating Near The Slums ??
'Planned Parenthood', Another Euphemism....

Euphemise This:

View attachment 302235
Planned Parenthood prevents more abortions than Right to Life does

Even if Roe v. Wade is overturned , the rich and well off, like Donald Trump, will still be able to afford to get their girlfriends and mistresses abortions.
That's the way it was before Roe v. Wade. Very expensive D&C's, they were called.

Planned Parenthood prevents more abortions than Right to Life does
Care to explain that ?

It's not that difficult to understand (or look up). Planned Parenthood provides education and supplies contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancies from happening in the first place. I don't see the pro-life movement as a whole really giving a shit and some of them are even against providing information and tools to avoid getting pregnant in the first place.

395-291.png

Unintended pregnancies and abortions averted by Planned Parenthood, 2015

I know the Supreme Court is not supposed to be political or influenced by public opinion, but in a June 2019 poll,
Some 77% of Americans want the U.S. Supreme Court to keep Roe v. Wade in place, according to an NPR/PBS News/Marist poll released Friday, while just 13% want it overturned and another 11% are unsure.
Americans overwhelmingly support Roe v. Wade, but still favor abortion restrictions

There are many in the 13% on this board, but you are sorely outnumbered and you will NOT get your way in your states, either.

Forum List

Back