Roe v Wade------for men

mom4 said:
That's the 2nd biggest lie of all... after "it's not a child," the biggest lie is "there are no consequences to abortion."

Minor compared to the horror of losing your freedom to a child. Women who don't want either "horror" need to quit spreading them.

Karl said it best.

Our country tries to live in fairness to all. That's really a crock of horseshit, because our country tends to only be fair to those who are not Male, and especially unfair to non-male, white, christians.

That lady could have killed her baby if she wanted - HOPEFULLY, but I doubt it - but HOPEFULLY this will lead to legislation giving the father at least a say in the outcome of a pregnancy. 'force' a woman to carry a child, even if she doesn't WANT the child, but the FATHER wants the child? Yeah. Maybe something like that.

dmp said:
Karl said it best.

Our country tries to live in fairness to all. That's really a crock of horseshit, because our country tends to only be fair to those who are not Male, and especially unfair to non-male, white, christians.

That lady could have killed her baby if she wanted - HOPEFULLY, but I doubt it - but HOPEFULLY this will lead to legislation giving the father at least a say in the outcome of a pregnancy. <b>'force' a woman to carry a child, even if she doesn't WANT the child, but the FATHER wants the child? Yeah. Maybe something like that.</b>

I'd be all over that. The father (assuming responsible) *SHOULD* have a say. It takes two to tango.

At first glance, I thought this was a great idea. But, upon further review, I am of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right. The argument that 'because women can abort, men should be able to get off scot-free as well' doesn't hold water. The solution is not to let men abscond responsibility; the solution is to get rid of abortion.

gop_jeff said:
At first glance, I thought this was a great idea. But, upon further review, I am of the opinion that two wrongs don't make a right. The argument that 'because women can abort, men should be able to get off scot-free as well' doesn't hold water. The solution is not to let men abscond responsibility; the solution is to get rid of abortion.

Hopefully this case will help turn public opinion against abortion and ultimately defeat it.

gop_jeff said:

Moral and Legal. I'm pretty jaded against most child support structures; so anything I can see which tries to equalize things gets my support.

Well, I hope this guy realizes that he has basically lost all chance of a future sex life. I can't imagine any woman would want to be with a man who gets a woman pregnant and then wants to abandon the woman and child. And now he has his name out there publically for all the world to see. and im sure someone will interview him. his face and name will be out there for all time.

Oh well. His loss. If he didn't want a kid then he shouldnt have had sex with the woman he obviously doesn't care about.

And what about the woman? I doubt she'll ever have sex again without presenting a signed affidavite from a doctor saying she's had her tubes tied. I mean, she LIED to a guy about her reproductive situation so she could convince him to get her pregnant, then she latched her claws into him for 17% of his income when, surprise, surprise, she got pregnant.

I have also been very much in favor of the father being able to stop an abortion, as there are many times when the man wants the baby and is willing to take repsonsibility, but because abortion is only a woman's right, he can't do crap about it if she wants to kill his child. Just as I've seen divorced couples using their children as a weapon in their battle against each other, I've seen women use an abortion to 'get even' with the father for some slight.

Once again, feminists have come up with some right that they MUST have, then act all surprised when men want that right. How long, do you think, before we get a highly public lawsuit about a woman sexually harassing a man, or has it happened and I missed it?

Stephanie said:
I'm at a loss for words here. So I thought I'd post this to get some thoughts from everyone... :dunno:
Mar 10, 2006
by Mona Charen
This is one of those moments when you want to grab liberals by the lapels and demand, "Well, what did you expect?"

Well, my thoughts are as follows:

A) This is a great find, Stephanie, and...

B) Mona Charen is the coolest thing on two wheels!

"But the gravamen of the men's complaint is unwanted fatherhood. These poor fellows who have sex with women they do not want to marry or have children with are persecuted in this Brave New World we've created. When the only frame of reference is a competition of rights, both sexes strive to outdo one another in selfishness.

The point (and it is not one the feminists will find in their quiver) is that sexuality requires responsibility -- and that doesn't just mean using birth control. It means that if you engage in sex you have an automatic obligation to any child that may result. Pro-choice women have been vociferously rejecting this responsibility for decades. It should come as no surprise that men are inclined to do the same.

Roe v. Wade and the sexual carnival we've encouraged in this country ever since have planted the idea that men and women have some sort of constitutional right to enjoy sex without consequences.
Mr. Dubay and all of those similarly situated (including women who use abortion as emergency contraception) should look into the faces of their sons and daughters and explain that it's nothing personal."

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I am afraid that if this suit were to be successful, it would encourage more abortions, because the women would be more afraid of the prospect of raising a child without the father's financial support.

Any man or woman who plays conception roulette should be prepared for the consequences, be it a child, or an STD.

dilloduck said:
Thats all well and good but that argument didnt work when it came to abortion rights for women---they can spread em with ANY consequences of pregnancy. Shouldn't women be chastised for not thinking with the right head too?

Absolutely dillo... absolutely. It takes two to tango.

Abbey Normal said:
I am afraid that if this suit were to be successful, it would encourage more abortions, because the women would be more afraid of the prospect of raising a child without the father's financial support.

Any man or woman who plays conception roulette should be prepared for the consequences, be it a child, or an STD.

It might but the blood will all be on the womans hands. If a woman wants to be in control of the reproduction process from consenting to who, where, when, how, etc. sex occurs all the way up to if the baby even lives or not, then she certainly can assume moral, legal and financial responsiblilty.

Forum List

Back