Robert Redford sues NY State for tax bill

According to Courthouse News Service, Redford is being taxed $1.6 million by New York ($845,066 in taxes plus $727,404 in interest owed)

Almost double the money in nine years? That to me speaks to the predatory nature of government.

Redford's complaint paints his corporate assets as not holding "any property, payroll or receipts, located in or deemed attributable to the conduct of a trade or business in New York."

If true, I hope he gets large punitive damages. Cos that's nonsense.

He sure has lost his looks. Is that a toupee on his head?

Show me a better looking 78 year-old sporting this kind of a arm candy.

1389067018000-AP-2013-New-York-Film-Critics-Circle-Awards.jpg

According to Courthouse News Service, Redford is being taxed $1.6 million by New York ($845,066 in taxes plus $727,404 in interest owed)

Almost double the money in nine years? That to me speaks to the predatory nature of government.

Redford's complaint paints his corporate assets as not holding "any property, payroll or receipts, located in or deemed attributable to the conduct of a trade or business in New York."

If true, I hope he gets large punitive damages. Cos that's nonsense.

He wait years to file this. He is a deadbeat - no way I hope he gets his interests or court fees back. He doesn't want to live by his own standards, fine. But he live by the same rules the rest of us peasants live by.

New York is taxing the actor-director $845,066 plus $727,404 in interest owed — roughly $1.57 million —

He sure has lost his looks. Is that a toupee on his head?

:lol: That thing alone could probably feed a poor family in NY for a week. Why does he hate the poor?

Republicans always defend greed. Perhaps that's why they have so little?

Republicans always defend greed. Perhaps that's why they have so little?

And Democrats don't? Do we really need to run the numbers? (No, we don't) In any event, you are throwing out your typical straw man. Standing up for liberties is not defending greed.

Well, according to the left, He's now an unpatriotic scumbag..........

Paying Taxes Is Patriotic. Dodging Taxes Is Unpatriotic.

The same companies and individuals who claim patriotism to burnish their own images are the first ones to hire teams of lawyers to avoid paying their taxes. They are able to get away with this only with the tacit approval of regular people. Withdraw your approval, and watch change come.

Paying Taxes Is Patriotic. Dodging Taxes Is Unpatriotic.

How dare he try to keep his money!

Yeah, i'm a big Redford fan. He's one of the all-time great Actors. I truly do respect his acting talent. But he's also a fanatical Communist/Progressive. He's your classic 'Limousine Liberal'. He's living very well.

If you're out there preaching higher Taxes, you just have to shut up and eat it in this situation. I'm not defending the Government, but Redford and others come off as very dishonest hypocrites when they whine like this. He just has to shut up and pay up. That's exactly what he tells others to do.

Robert Redford is whining about paying his fair share. Where are all the leftists and their outrage of greedy Robert Redford?

Robert Redford is whining about paying his fair share. Where are all the leftists and their outrage of greedy Robert Redford?

Yeah, if you're gonna be a fanatical Communist/Progressive, you just have to shut up and pay up. You can't have it both ways.

Forum List

Back