Rising Inequality Holding Back Economic Growth, Report Warns

This whole stupid income inequality lie is based on a false premise. That premise is that wealth is finite. Left wing nutters actually believe that if someone is wealthy, it prevents you from being wealthy. They are stupid enough to think that there is only so much wealth so if someone has a lot then they can't ever get it. It's an excuse for their failures. Blame someone else, that's what left wing nutters and parasites do.

How does that relate to income inequality? Well it allows them to blame the rich for the problem. That way they don't have to look in the mirror to see who's responsible for their lack of wealth. The reason the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer is....

...now pay attention here because this is important....

...because the rich keep doing what made them rich and the poor keep doing what made them poor.

Add to that obama's failure in economic policy and the decades long effort by the left to make poverty a permanent fixture, and there you have it; income inequality.

No charge for the education.
You're welcome.
No, the premise is fact and the fact is the income growth of the wealthy far exceeds that of the poor and middle class. Of course, you probably think that's just OK but consider this.

In a society where there is a huge and growing income disparity, either society must placate the poor or deal with the inevitable results, disease, violence and insurrection. In our society we choose to placate the poor with all types of goverment aid programs. In other words, we keep their bellies full and a roof over their head and they won't burn down our cities and towns.
Republicans will say tough. There are jobs available. Go get one. I sort of see their point. You want to keep them on the government dime republicans want them to go get jobs.

We lost the election. We have to try it their way. We are close to zero unemployment. People who’ve given up need to get back out there. But they are going to be tough jobs to start. That’s how I got started. Factory jobs then eventually waiter jobs then sales jobs.

Go get a job you’ll feel better
Probably one of the biggest misconceptions is that the poor do not work; that is, they prefer to sit home and collect the big bucks from welfare. For years, republicans have created and spread the illusion of the welfare queen who sits in front of her big TV waiting for the next welfare check. The simple fact is that the majority of adults on welfare have one or more jobs. Single moms are 55% of the welfare recipients. 13% are over 65.

The problem is these people do no make enough money to support themselves and their family. Would cutting benefits give them incentive to find a second job or a better job. Yes, in some cases but who is going take care of the kids or their senile mother or their drug addicted husband. Would the 30% who are disable find jobs? Some would. However, you have to consider the consequences. What happens to all those don't find more work? What happens to kids?

What we should be doing is creating jobs that the structural employed, the disabled, the single moms, the menially handicapped, the unskilled, and uneducated can actually do. The jobs we hope will come out of the big tax breaks for business are not going to be those kind of jobs. There're going to be jobs for the skilled workers, jobs for people with drive and ambition, jobs for people with a background of success, not people that have been failures most of their life.
I wish we could go back to the days when Ford gm and Chrysler couldn’t find people to work in their factories my dad and his immigrant Greek buddies worked 30 years and retired with great pensions.

Poor people need to stop having kids. Middle class college grads who live in their parents basements paying off their student loans are putting off having kids and they are having fewer. Why do poor people not worry about the costs of having kids? They will now. Republicans don’t care about those poor takers.

oh brother. Blame Obama that is happening. his strapping another Government Entitlement on our backs sure as hell had to help. He's raised taxes on anything the moves, new regulations out the ass to raise monies to feed that MONSTER of a Government..

so put the blame right square in his lap

I wouldn't believe anything out of ABC news if it came notarized on their tongues. same for CBS, NBC, CNN, etc. all DNC propaganda sites. this is precisely what you hear from all of the Democrats so they can fearmonger you into voting for them
Yep only your loudmouth High School grad pundits know the truth... Pore dupe.

This whole stupid income inequality lie is based on a false premise. That premise is that wealth is finite. Left wing nutters actually believe that if someone is wealthy, it prevents you from being wealthy. They are stupid enough to think that there is only so much wealth so if someone has a lot then they can't ever get it. It's an excuse for their failures. Blame someone else, that's what left wing nutters and parasites do.

How does that relate to income inequality? Well it allows them to blame the rich for the problem. That way they don't have to look in the mirror to see who's responsible for their lack of wealth. The reason the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer is....

...because the rich keep doing what made them rich and the poor keep doing what made them poor.

Add to that obama's failure in economic policy and the decades long effort by the left to make poverty a permanent fixture, and there you have it; income inequality.

You're welcome.
No, the premise is fact and the fact is the income growth of the wealthy far exceeds that of the poor and middle class. Of course, you probably think that's just OK but consider this.

In a society where there is a huge and growing income disparity, either society must placate the poor or deal with the inevitable results, disease, violence and insurrection. In our society we choose to placate the poor with all types of goverment aid programs. In other words, we keep their bellies full and a roof over their head and they won't burn down our cities and towns.

Read my post again, I’m not saying it isn’t a thing, I’m saying it should be a thing. Plus, it’s high time we stop oaying bullies to not destroy things and kill people.

You're welcome.

Republicans will say tough. There are jobs available. Go get one. I sort of see their point. You want to keep them on the government dime republicans want them to go get jobs.

We lost the election. We have to try it their way. We are close to zero unemployment. People who’ve given up need to get back out there. But they are going to be tough jobs to start. That’s how I got started. Factory jobs then eventually waiter jobs then sales jobs.

Go get a job you’ll feel better
Probably one of the biggest misconceptions is that the poor do not work; that is, they prefer to sit home and collect the big bucks from welfare. For years, republicans have created and spread the illusion of the welfare queen who sits in front of her big TV waiting for the next welfare check. The simple fact is that the majority of adults on welfare have one or more jobs. Single moms are 55% of the welfare recipients. 13% are over 65.

The problem is these people do no make enough money to support themselves and their family. Would cutting benefits give them incentive to find a second job or a better job. Yes, in some cases but who is going take care of the kids or their senile mother or their drug addicted husband. Would the 30% who are disable find jobs? Some would. However, you have to consider the consequences. What happens to all those don't find more work? What happens to kids?

What we should be doing is creating jobs that the structural employed, the disabled, the single moms, the menially handicapped, the unskilled, and uneducated can actually do. The jobs we hope will come out of the big tax breaks for business are not going to be those kind of jobs. There're going to be jobs for the skilled workers, jobs for people with drive and ambition, jobs for people with a background of success, not people that have been failures most of their life.
I wish we could go back to the days when Ford gm and Chrysler couldn’t find people to work in their factories my dad and his immigrant Greek buddies worked 30 years and retired with great pensions.

Poor people need to stop having kids. Middle class college grads who live in their parents basements paying off their student loans are putting off having kids and they are having fewer. Why do poor people not worry about the costs of having kids? They will now. Republicans don’t care about those poor takers.
Those days are long gone. About 40 years ago, I visited a potato product processing plant in the northwest. They employed about 400 workers, the biggest employer in town. Today they employ about 40 to 50 workers. Where there was once hundreds of people on the assemble line tending machines, packing boxes, there is a handful of skilled technicians that care for the machines. The only low skill labor jobs are in packing and receiving.

Automation has eliminated millions of low and unskilled jobs and millions more will disappear within the decade. Most of the jobs that people think of as being unskilled today are jobs requiring a lot of multitasking; that is handling a number of different tasks. These are certainly not the jobs for marginal workers with a history of failure in the workplace. It is these people who never get off of public assistance.

The birthrate of households with incomes of less than $35,000 is only about 15% higher than those with income over $100,000. The big problem is teenage pregnancies. A high percentage of these girls will need some type of government support, even those that come from higher income homes.

When you cut Medicare you widen the gap
It should be cut since we don't want to encourage liberal leeching, do we?
Got a better solution?

of course switch to capitalism and drive down health care costs 80%
I’ve told people we’re going to try it your way. Elections have consequences.
it will take a lot more than just Trump to try capitalism. Do you understand?

When you cut Medicare you widen the gap
Got a better solution?

Keep on Ryan and McConnell. And results should be obvious. I hear I’m going to start taking home $600 a month with this new tax bill. That will win my support

You're welcome.

Read my post again, I’m not saying it isn’t a thing, I’m saying it should be a thing. Plus, it’s high time we stop oaying bullies to not destroy things and kill people.
As long as you have a large segment of the population, about 45 million Americans below the poverty level, the country will need some means providing assistance. That assistance does not have to be in the form government handouts, although for some that is the only solution. In Seattle, an organization called Farestart provides training and work experience in their 5 restaurants. It's a volunteer and corporate community supported with all profits going back into the program. The only requirement for their programs are age 18 or older, clean and sobor, living below the poverty level, and capable of working 40 hrs a week for 16 weeks. They have been around for over 10 years and are placing about 300 people a year in local restaurants. I think programs like this across country with matching funds from local, state, and federal government can go a long way in lifting people out of poverty.

You're welcome.

As long as you have a large segment of the population, about 45 million Americans below the poverty level, the country will need some means providing assistance. That assistance does not have to be in the form government handouts, although for some that is the only solution. In Seattle, an organization called Farestart provides training and work experience in their 5 restaurants. It's a volunteer and corporate community supported with all profits going back into the program. The only requirement for their programs are age 18 or older, clean and sobor, living below the poverty level, and capable of working 40 hrs a week for 16 weeks. They have been around for over 10 years and are placing about 300 people a year in local restaurants. I think programs like this across country with matching funds from local, state, and federal government can go a long way in lifting people out of poverty.

Sure, for those who would actually want to work for their money instead of sitting on their asses and collecting a check.

Got a better solution?

Keep on Ryan and McConnell. And results should be obvious. I hear I’m going to start taking home $600 a month with this new tax bill. That will win my support
An extra $600 a month would mean you are most probably making over $500,000 a year.

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-charts-about-wealth-and-inequality-in-america-2010-4?slop

You're welcome.

Sure, for those who would actually want to work for their money instead of sitting on their asses and collecting a check.
Almost every adult on public assistance does work although that work may be just taking care of kids, parents, or a disabled spouse. 55% of those receiving goverment support have a payed job. Most of those that are doing nothing are usually the elderly, (13%) or the disabled (30%).

You're welcome.

Almost every adult on public assistance does work although that work may be just taking care of kids, parents, or a disabled spouse. 55% of those receiving goverment support have a payed job. Most of those that are doing nothing are usually the elderly, (13%) or the disabled (30%).

Yeah all evidence to the contrary.

Got a better solution?

you lost debate so are trying to change subject. This is why you never learn anything. You lack the courage to face your ignorance.

You're welcome.

when Clinton ended welfare as we know it by making it workfare fully half decided they no longer needed welfare!! Welfare is one of the ways liberal's buy votes and turn America into Chi-Raq. Democrats should be illegal as our Founders intended!!

As long as you have a large segment of the population, about 45 million Americans below the poverty level,
of course that is a lie. There is no poverty in America. In fact in America the poor suffer from too much food rather than too little and live in bigger homes than middle class French folks. With SS welfare free education free infrastructure free health care, free housing you get $60k a year, more than 99.9% of all human beings in history.
When libs count poverty they don't count programs designed to eliminate poverty. If programs were counted liberals would disappear. Now do you understand?

Got a better solution?

you lost debate so are trying to change subject. This is why you never learn anything. You lack the courage to face your ignorance.
I’m agreeing with you for gosh sakes! Try not being a trump who never admits he’s wrooo wrrooooo wrong

As long as you have a large segment of the population, about 45 million Americans below the poverty level,
of course that is a lie. There is no poverty in America. In fact in America the poor suffer from too much food rather than too little and live in bigger homes than middle class French folks. With SS welfare free education free infrastructure free health care, free housing you get $60k a year, more than 99.9% of all human beings in history.
When libs count poverty they don't count programs designed to eliminate poverty. If programs were counted liberals would disappear. Now do you understand?
And these poor mother fuckers don’t even show up to vote? Don’t vote don’t matter.

To me this proves education isn’t the liberal thing republicans claim it to be. If it were all 18 year olds would know how important voting was

And these poor mother fuckers don’t even show up to vote? Don’t vote don’t matter.

To me this proves education isn’t the liberal thing republicans claim it to be. If it were all 18 year olds would know how important voting was
Total Gibberish since most 18 year olds aren’t smart enough to vote.

Forum List

Back