RightWingers...If Torture Techniques Are Truly Responsible

What Leon Panetta said, so misrepresented in the rightwing press (and notably not in regular mainstream sources) is the following:

"I think some of the detainees, clearly, they used these enhanced interrogation techniques against some of these detainees."

The people the intel is supposed to have come from, Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Faraj al-Libbi were waterboarded. That's what Panetta admits. "These detainees, clearly, they used these enhanced interrogator techniques against some of [them]."

That does not equal, the intel came from waterboarding or it was the waterboarding that led to the intel, just that the people who gave us the information also at some point were waterboarded.

As the CIA's own timeline suggests though and as Rumsfeld (himself a staunch and longtime advocate of waterboarding) made abundantly clear, waterboarding did not lead to this intel and in fact it didn't come out until years later during normal interrogation.

So shut the fuck up already with the false, forced meme.

Waterboarding = torture =/= beating the living snot out of some Muslims .

You can't even keep your own bs straight.

So how do you feel about obama trying to assissinate American muslims abroad? B/c he tried to assissnate alwaki just the other night.

How about gaddafis kids? You ok with them being murdered since we were trying to kill gaddfi?

Cheney on Waterboarding

Posted by Butler Shaffer on April 21, 2009 11:43 AM

Dick Cheney is once again defending water torture on the grounds that it has provided much useful information. Most psychologists dispute this. It seems to me there is an effective way to test Cheney’s assertion: subject him to a test – at the hands of the same kind of skilled torturers the CIA has been using – for the purpose of extracting from him the most deeply-held secrets of his tenure as vice-president. If he begins confessing to detailed criminal wrongdoing on his part, he will have proved his point!
Most psychologists are nuttier than those they treat.

Good point, a former Halliburton executive is far better trained to know how the human mind will react to certain stimuli.

So how do you feel about obama trying to assissinate American muslims abroad? B/c he tried to assissnate alwaki just the other night.

How about gaddafis kids? You ok with them being murdered since we were trying to kill gaddfi?

I'm ok with Awlaki being killed, Gaddafi and his family no.

Yup dunking a brutal Terrorist's head in some water is so awful and bombing and murdering Gaddafi's Son and Grandchildren isn't a War Crime either. Man,Lefty Wingnuts are sounding more hypocritical and irrational by the day. The UN & NATO Leaders should be arrested for War Crimes for what they did to Gaddafi's Son & Grandchildren. But "Water-Boarding??" Yea i'm just not too outraged over that one.

Waterboarding is childs play compared to what countries like Iran, China, North Korea, Syria and Egypt do to torture their citizens.

Good point! We should be more like Iran, China, North Korea, Syria, and Egypt since they're such good models. As long as we don't go "all the way" like them then inching toward them is a smart and savvy improvement.

:cuckoo:

For getting the intelligence that led to the discovery and killing of Osama Bin Laden, then...

a.) What SPECIFIC information was it?

and

2.) WHY wasn't it done 6 or even 4 years ago?

What you people want us to buy is that somehow, some kind of VERY important information was garnered from beating the living snot out of some Muslims that is just NOW baring fruit.

Anyone who would actually believe that should have their head examined.

Can you enlighten the rest of us?

Waterboarding and sleep deprivation are not "beating the living snot out of some muslims".

Now I have a question for you. If waterboarding and sleep deprivation are torture, what do you call shooting someone in the face?

What Leon Panetta said, so misrepresented in the rightwing press (and notably not in regular mainstream sources) is the following:

"I think some of the detainees, clearly, they used these enhanced interrogation techniques against some of these detainees."

The people the intel is supposed to have come from, Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Faraj al-Libbi were waterboarded. That's what Panetta admits. "These detainees, clearly, they used these enhanced interrogator techniques against some of [them]."

That does not equal, the intel came from waterboarding or it was the waterboarding that led to the intel, just that the people who gave us the information also at some point were waterboarded.

As the CIA's own timeline suggests though and as Rumsfeld (himself a staunch and longtime advocate of waterboarding) made abundantly clear, waterboarding did not lead to this intel and in fact it didn't come out until years later during normal interrogation.

So shut the fuck up already with the false, forced meme.
Quit yer bitchin' and twistin'!

Panetta let the cat out of the bag........He proved yet again that your loony liberal hero's, too include Barack Hussein Obama, were YET AGAIN WRONG on another important issue.

I'd rather capture that fuck and send him in for some special interrogations.

if you know what I mean.

Yup dunking a brutal Terrorist's head in some water is so awful and bombing and murdering Gaddafi's Son and Grandchildren isn't a War Crime either. Man,Lefty Wingnuts are sounding more hypocritical and irrational by the day. The UN & NATO Leaders should be arrested for War Crimes for what they did to Gaddafi's Son & Grandchildren. But "Water-Boarding??" Yea i'm just not too outraged over that one.

Waterboarding is childs play compared to what countries like Iran, China, North Korea, Syria and Egypt do to torture their citizens.

Good point! We should be more like Iran, China, North Korea, Syria, and Egypt since they're such good models. As long as we don't go "all the way" like them then inching toward them is a smart and savvy improvement.

No, they vociferously torture......We waterboard.

I'd rather capture that fuck and send him in for some special interrogations.

if you know what I mean.

I would like to catch him too but its actually easier to kill these guys than it is to catch them since they are so resistant to being captured by American troops.

For getting the intelligence that led to the discovery and killing of Osama Bin Laden, then...

and

What you people want us to buy is that somehow, some kind of VERY important information was garnered from beating the living snot out of some Muslims that is just NOW baring fruit.

Waterboarding and sleep deprivation are not "beating the living snot out of some muslims".

Now I have a question for you. If waterboarding and sleep deprivation are torture, what do you call shooting someone in the face?

A hunting trip with Dick Cheney.

and

a)The question of the role such techniques played in this mission arose after the Associated Press reported that it was two key detainees -- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Faraj al-Libi -- who gave American officials the nickname of a courier who ultimately led U.S. intelligence officials to bin Laden. The two detainees reportedly gave the information up at foreign CIA "black sites," where waterboarding occurred.Debate continues over role of waterboarding in gathering bin Laden intel - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

b) no idea, it took big 0 almost 3 years of his time in office for him to be found.

AP = Artful propaganda?

In a masterful bit of one sentence propaganda worthy of the Bush push to Hitler"ize" Saddam, the above highlighted sentence does not say these two gave up the name while being waterboarded does it?

(How many times did Bush mention Al Queda, and Saddam. WMD, Mushroom clouds in the same sentence like the highlighted one above?)

70% man 70%!

and

Nobody was tortured. They were waterboarded.
Same thing.​

What it revealed was that Obama was reduced to using couriers to communicate.
...And, you've got the transcripts to prove that....or, are you taking BUSHCO's word, for that? (....'Cause, their track-record, for telling the truth, isn't anything to write home about.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc]YouTube - WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP[/ame]​

I believe Obama should be impeached because he killed OBL based in part on intelligence acquired using waterboarding. Who's with me?????!
Obama should be impeached.....'casue George Bush was....

323.png

Yeah....that makes sense.

Last edited:

and

a)The question of the role such techniques played in this mission arose after the Associated Press reported that it was two key detainees -- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and Abu Faraj al-Libi -- who gave American officials the nickname of a courier who ultimately led U.S. intelligence officials to bin Laden. The two detainees reportedly gave the information up at foreign CIA "black sites," where waterboarding occurred.Debate continues over role of waterboarding in gathering bin Laden intel - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

b) no idea, it took big 0 almost 3 years of his time in office for him to be found.

AP = Artful propaganda?

In a masterful bit of one sentence propaganda worthy of the Bush push to Hitler"ize" Saddam, the above highlighted sentence does not say these two gave up the name while being waterboarded does it?

(How many times did Bush mention Al Queda, and Saddam. WMD, Mushroom clouds in the same sentence like the highlighted one above?)

70% man 70%!

DAMN!!!

You must own the sharpest ax on the planet to split that hair so evenly like that. :lol:

70% is still passing, a solid C.

:lol:

View Post Today, 02:43 PM
Remove user from ignore listMr. Shaman
This message is hidden because Mr. Shaman is on your ignore list.

:lol:

I gave up on you. PM me when you decide to be lucid

and

Nobody was tortured. They were waterboarded.
Same thing.​

What it revealed was that Obama was reduced to using couriers to communicate.
...And, you've got the transcripts to prove that....or, are you taking BUSHCO's word, for that? (....'Cause, their track-record, for telling the truth, isn't anything to write home about.)​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc"]YouTube - WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP[/ame]​

I'm grateful for any and all video and audio evidence of the Bush administrations dishonest march to a needless war which ended up distracting us from our real goal. Conservatives can't unring that bell. They're just counting on the short memories of people. And if they have to lie in response to questions about what happened and how, that's no moral dilemma for them.

Forum List

Back