Right wing anti-semitism: a question

Londoner

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2010
Antisemitism in the US reached its apex between 1920-1940. It has shrunk steadily to about 14% of the population, and only has institutional support amongst right wing fringe groups, e.g., Christian Identity churches, Aryan-White Resistance, Klu Klux Klan, Holocaust Deniers, Liberty Lobby, and American Neo-Nazi organizations.

You will recall prominent right wing figures such Henry Ford and Father Coughlin suggesting that the New Deal was a Jewish financial conspiracy. This sentiment exists today on the far right, where we are told that a cabal of Jewish bankers secretly controls world finance. Of course we cannot forget Nixon's famous "liberal Jewish media".

My question: why did the main stream right abandoned antisemitic rhetoric, pushing it to the margins, where it thrives in a network of lesser groups, who are disowned when they bring bad press.

My answer is this: I think this shift away from antisemisitm can partly be explained by the importance of Israel during the Cold War. As Britain was shedding it's colonies (and thereby leaving the middle east), America began to compete for middle east geopolitical assets. Bringing the world's largest energy region under one's sphere of influence was vital to both SuperPowers. Suffice it to say, the money & weapons that started flowing from the US to Israel during the Cold was staggering. During this time, the corporate money that flowed into antisemitic groups dried up. Antisemitic elements within right wing punditry was reigned in.

After the Cold War ended, isolationist components on the Right urged the party to reduce funding for Israel (and Saudi Arabia), claiming that there was no longer a need to protect the region from Soviet domination. Enter the Neocons (many of them Jewish), who believed that the region's oil wealth was too important to ignore. They convinced the party to increase it's support of Israel, who became a chief asset in the War on Terrorism. For this reason antisemitism was again marginalized. It would remain on the fringes, where it would be used electorally, to mobilize uneducated people who wanted to take their country back from invisible demons and shadowy jewish conspiracies.

Why do you thing antisemitism was purged from the main stream right?

Last edited:
Pretty comical & ironic post considering Londoners are the World's worst Anti-Semites. And they're mostly Left Wingers. I love message boards. :)

Not sure why you are posing a question you already answered. Doesn't make much sense to me.

The reason? The right, for the most part, detests anti-semitism.

Antisemitism in the US reached its apex between 1920-1940. It has shrunk steadily since then to about 14% of the population, and only has institutional momentum within small right wing fringe groups, e.g., Christian Identity churches, Aryan-White Resistance, Klu Klux Klan, Holocaust Deniers, Liberty Lobby, and American Neo-Nazi organizations.

You will recall prominent right wing figures such Henry Ford and Father Coughlin suggesting that the New Deal was a Jewish financial conspiracy. This sentiment exists today on the far right, where we are told that a cabal of Jewish bankers secretly controls world finance. Of course we cannot forget Nixon's famous "liberal Jewish media".

My question: why has the main stream right abandoned antisemitic rhetoric, and pushed it to the margins, where it thrives in a network of lesser groups, who are disowned when they bring bad press.

My answer is this: I think this shift away from antisemisitm can partly be explained by the importance of Israel during the Cold War. As Britain was shedding it's colonies (and thereby leaving the middle east), America began to compete for middle east geopolitical assets. Bringing the world's largest energy region under one's sphere of influence was vital to both SuperPowers. The money & weapons that started flowing from the US to Israel during the Cold was staggering. During this time, the corporate money that flowed into antisemitic groups and propaganda dried up. Antisemitism no longer had a populist mouthpiece on the Right, and it slowly started to wane.

After the Cold War ended, isolationist components on the Right urged the party to reduce funding for Israel (and Saudi Arabia), claiming that there was no longer a need to protect the region from Soviet domination. Enter the Neocons (many of them Jewish), who believed that the region's oil wealth was too important to ignore. They convinced the party to increase it's support of Israel, who became a chief asset in the War on Terrorism. For this reason antisemitism would continue to lack main stream institutional support. It would remain on the fringes, where it would be used electorally, to mobilize uneducated people who wanted to take their country back from invisible demons and shadowy conspiracies.

Just a SWAG>? Because all human life/potential is valuable, and the right tends not to lump people into groups as the left for political/monetary gain?

Beck has used Jews as tools.

Tools for what? To compare the relevance of the Old Testament and the Torah to how we live our lives today? How awful...Some liberal should boycott his show...Better yet, a group should get together and try to pass a law that keeps him from having a show. I'm sure That self hater, Rockefeller, is on board.

Now that I think of it...What is the percentage of self hating Jews to the population in general? When I say self hating, I mean Jews that sit by, when other Jews are being mis-treated, and say "If I just stay quiet, it won't happen to me".

P.S. Any Jew with a tattoo on their arm knows exactly what I am talking about.

Last edited:
Liberal American Jews are Uncle Toms for sure. Especially the Hollywood Liberal Jews. They have no shame at this point. It's very sad.

Anti-Semitism started to become discredited with the end of WW2 and its association with Nazism. It pretty much died as a result of the Civil Rights movement and it was highly unfashionable to utter anti semitic statements in public.
In the 1970s it began staging a comeback on the Left, disguised this time as "pro Palestinian" or "anti-Israel." This is even more pronounced in Europe where politicians regularly utter anti semitic statements and universities are hotbeds of it. Leaders like Louis Farakkhan, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton pushed it i the black community as a kind of class warfare.
Conservatives (the Right) are among the most active supporters of Israel and generally pro semitic. Indeed they are the most open-minded in matters of race and religion, preferring to see everyone treated equally. Anti Semitism on the left however is a growing problem, as is bigotry.

Anti-Semitism started to become discredited with the end of WW2 and its association with Nazism. It pretty much died as a result of the Civil Rights movement and it was highly unfashionable to utter anti semitic statements in public.
In the 1970s it began staging a comeback on the Left, disguised this time as "pro Palestinian" or "anti-Israel." This is even more pronounced in Europe where politicians regularly utter anti semitic statements and universities are hotbeds of it. Leaders like Louis Farakkhan, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton pushed it i the black community as a kind of class warfare.
Conservatives (the Right) are among the most active supporters of Israel and generally pro semitic. Indeed they are the most open-minded in matters of race and religion, preferring to see everyone treated equally. Anti Semitism on the left however is a growing problem, as is bigotry.
And yet you excuse Glen beck...funny, that.

And yet you excuse Glen beck...funny, that.

There is nothing to excuse. He isn't anti-semitic. Quite the opposite.

Antisemitism in the US reached its apex between 1920-1940. It has shrunk steadily since then to about 14% of the population, and only has institutional momentum within small right wing fringe groups, e.g., Christian Identity churches, Aryan-White Resistance, Klu Klux Klan, Holocaust Deniers, Liberty Lobby, and American Neo-Nazi organizations.

My question: why has the main stream right abandoned antisemitic rhetoric, and pushed it to the margins, where it thrives in a network of lesser groups, who are disowned when they bring bad press.

My answer is this: I think this shift away from antisemisitm can partly be explained by the importance of Israel during the Cold War. As Britain was shedding it's colonies (and thereby leaving the middle east), America began to compete for middle east geopolitical assets. Bringing the world's largest energy region under one's sphere of influence was vital to both SuperPowers. The money & weapons that started flowing from the US to Israel during the Cold was staggering. During this time, the corporate money that flowed into antisemitic groups and propaganda dried up. Antisemitism no longer had a populist mouthpiece on the Right, and it slowly started to wane.

After the Cold War ended, isolationist components on the Right urged the party to reduce funding for Israel (and Saudi Arabia), claiming that there was no longer a need to protect the region from Soviet domination. Enter the Neocons (many of them Jewish), who believed that the region's oil wealth was too important to ignore. They convinced the party to increase it's support of Israel, who became a chief asset in the War on Terrorism. For this reason antisemitism would continue to lack main stream institutional support. It would remain on the fringes, where it would be used electorally, to mobilize uneducated people who wanted to take their country back from invisible demons and shadowy conspiracies.

Anti-semitism from the right has been replaced with anti-Muslim and anti-Mexican rhetoric.

New hate for a new century

I am jewish and Glen Beck is a big supporter of jews and Israel.

There is nothing to excuse.

The right wing always needs a boogy-man

Prior to WWII...it was the jews
Post WWII...it was the commies

Now they want us to fear Muslims and Mexicans

Forum List

Back