Right out of Alien Resurrection

FORT WORTH — The diagnosis was crushing and irrevocable. At 33, Marlise Munoz was brain-dead after collapsing on her kitchen floor in November from what appeared to be a blood clot in her lungs.

But as her parents and her husband prepared to say their final goodbyes in the intensive care unit at John Peter Smith Hospital here and to honor her wish not to be left on life support, they were stunned when a doctor told them the hospital was not going to comply with their instructions. Mrs. Munoz was 14 weeks pregnant, the doctor said, and Texas is one of more than two dozen states that prohibit, with varying degrees of strictness, medical officials from cutting off life support to a pregnant patient.

That is fucking insane

Actually, it now appears the "child" will have severe disabilities even assuming the fetus reaches term. But, keeping a dead person functioning inorder for her to be a host to a fetus would seem, to rational people, to have the likely outcome. And that, btw, is totally irrelevant. If the woman left an advanced care directive, why the fk is it the concern of religious zealots what becomes of a fetus in her dead body? It's not your fcking fetus.

If her wishes and her family wishes her to be turned off machines, then the hospital is holding that woman hostage. I don't care that she has a fetus inside her. IT'S HER BODY.

"In the name of god I'm going to violate this womans last wishes. Its what Jesus would want"

Only in Texas

So you prefer murdering even this child? Have you NO limits?

You gonna foot the bill? You gonna raise that child with all its defects? You gonna shell out the dough to the family to bury their daughter/wife after she incubates something that is now damanged?

Thought so.

And when this child is taken out of the human incubator with all those medical problems they are going to make an argument of why he should take and care for the child only the hospital wanted yelling "Congratulations!"

I'm still wondering if Texas is not subverting the will of God.

Which means this baby will be born without a soul -- a perfect vessel for the Anti-Christ.

Good Job, Lone Star State!!

Forum List

Back