Rick Perry "Taken Aback"

You seem to have forgotten that it was a Tea Party event, and there was an awful lot of cheering.

nice dodge. AGAIN: if a few dems are at an event and they cheer (NOTE: not everyone there was cheering), is it your contention that we can attribute that to all dems?
then why weren't the ones who objected BOOING?

How about you go ask the people who were actually there?

How ridiculous is it to ask why someone else did or did not take a certain course of action? Seriously. This is gibberish.

nice dodge. AGAIN: if a few dems are at an event and they cheer (NOTE: not everyone there was cheering), is it your contention that we can attribute that to all dems?

How ridiculous is it to ask why someone else did or did not take a certain course of action? Seriously. This is gibberish.
you seem to think they did not agree with the comments from the crowd that cheered for the sick to die....

may i ask, HOW do you know this? Is it an assumption based on any kind of evidence?

Holy cow. this thread just keeps getting weirder.

We'll "prolly" never know why the others didn't boo him cause we are not mind readers. maybe they were just as taken aback as Rick Perry was?
good grief

Last edited:
Well it sorta follows a pattern..

Governor Jan Brewer defunds medical procedures in Arizona killing two people.

Governor Rick Perry might have executed an innocent man and refuses to consider evidence that the investigation into arson was terribly flawed, or that a state witness was a known shill.

Governor Rick Perry gets wild applause from the Tea Party for his record on executions.

The Tea Party cheers the notion that a man would be left to die if he couldn't pay for medical procedures.

Grayson was right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco]Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' - YouTube[/ame]

We'll "prolly" never know why the others didn't boo him cause we are not mind readers.
good grief
But you/republicans/tea partiers here on this board, somehow KNOW that they did not agree with the crowd rooting for death? 'You' know it must have been some Dems in the crowd faking tea party membership? How can that be? Are you mind readers???

i agree one can't know for certain without being mind readers if the crowd was bothered by the shout out or if the crowd agreed with the shout out....since they did not speak up or boo the shout out.

The Tea Party cheers the notion that a man would be left to die if he couldn't pay for medical procedures.

Grayson was right.

]

how is Grayson doing these days on Unemployment?

You put the wrong notion of what people were cheering for.

What upsets a lot in the TP movement is this notion that they are going to work every day, paying their obligations, paying their bills, struggling to make ends meets and making sure they are covered in eventualities.

And along come Johnny Welfare, who checks into an emergency room and gets treated on their dime.

You see the problem. Once you make working for your keep optional, why should anyone work?

Governor Jan Brewer defunds medical procedures in Arizona killing two people.

Governor Rick Perry might have executed an innocent man and refuses to consider evidence that the investigation into arson was terribly flawed, or that a state witness was a known shill.

Governor Rick Perry gets wild applause from the Tea Party for his record on executions.

Grayson was right.

Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' - YouTube

yep....

but they're pro life, right?

:rofl:

Grayson was right.

]

What upsets a lot in the TP movement is this notion that they are going to work every day, paying their obligations, paying their bills, struggling to make ends meets and making sure they are covered in eventualities.

And along come Johnny Welfare, who checks into an emergency room and gets treated on their dime.

You see the problem. Once you make working for your keep optional, why should anyone work?

somehow i think grayson is doing ok on the money he made building IDT.

schmuck.

We'll "prolly" never know why the others didn't boo him cause we are not mind readers.
good grief
But you/republicans/tea partiers here on this board, somehow KNOW that they did not agree with the crowd rooting for death? 'You' know it must have been some Dems in the crowd faking tea party membership? How can that be? Are you mind readers???

i agree one can't know for certain without being mind readers if the crowd was bothered by the shout out or if the crowd agreed with the shout out....since they did not speak up or boo the shout out.

sighs..

how do you know they were all tea party members. and yeah, it was messed up to laugh and cheer at that.

it was the tea party debate, yurt.

and the only group that has a philosophy that would be consistent with that type of thing would be the tea people...

fwiw, the things i actually like about perry are things the tea people hate about him... i like that he got girls innoculated. and i'm glad he was taken aback by cheering for someone to die.

now... if we can stop pretending the death penalty is something to cheer for, then maybe he's not hopeless

I'm Tea Party. I'm for Emergency Care in Every Society. I'm for the Death Penalty in only the most Heinous Crimes, with Zero Doubt, and I try hard not to Profile. :D
The Tea Party does not march in lock step, if it did, I would be long gone.

Grayson was right.

]

I know the memo. It's incorrect..and generally displays the short minded, short term thinking of the tea party.

They have no problem with personal hand ups..it's the other guy they don't like.

you seem to think they did not agree with the comments from the crowd that cheered for the sick to die....

may i ask, HOW do you know this? Is it an assumption based on any kind of evidence?

Sort of the same as knowing that All Democrats do not advocate selling guns to Mexican Drug Cartels, or starting a third war in the Middle East. :D

Apparently quite a few people believe that he should die because he didn't take "personal responsibility" to get health insurance. (Even though we have millions that go without health insurance due to the overwhelming cost of it). Just read the thread about it...

During GOP Debate, when RP asked about sick young man audience yells "Let him DIE!"

Notice this is the same crowd braying on a daily basis about how "job-killing" the minimum wage is..

Well people working minimum wage jobs generally have to go without alot of things..one being health insurance.

I don't consider it very rational to ask others why some people reacted in a certain way. If I want to know why someone said or did something, I don't ask other people, I ask the person who did it. That's logical.

I don't assume anything. I watched the debate. I didn't agree with how SOME of the audience reacted. Well, that's shocking! I disagreed with someone. :lol: What I don't do, is assume that they all thought the same, or all agreed, or whatever. It is what it is. Some people - the more libertarian - might feel that way. I don't know why because I'm not a Libertarian. I have said several times that I find some Libertarian views to be dangerously naive.

Apparently quite a few people believe that he should die because he didn't take "personal responsibility" to get health insurance. (Even though we have millions that go without health insurance due to the overwhelming cost of it). Just read the thread about it...

During GOP Debate, when RP asked about sick young man audience yells "Let him DIE!"

Notice this is the same crowd braying on a daily basis about how "job-killing" the minimum wage is..

Well people working minimum wage jobs generally have to go without alot of things..one being health insurance.

Gee...is that maybe why Texas has more people without Health Insurance than any other state...despite Texas being such a "job creator"? (Whataburger jobs)

I don't consider it very rational to ask others why some people reacted in a certain way. If I want to know why someone said or did something, I don't ask other people, I ask the person who did it. That's logical.

I don't assume anything. I watched the debate. I didn't agree with how SOME of the audience reacted. Well, that's shocking! I disagreed with someone. :lol: What I don't do, is assume that they all thought the same, or all agreed, or whatever. It is what it is. Some people - the more libertarian - might feel that way. I don't know why because I'm not a Libertarian. I have said several times that I find some Libertarian views to be dangerously naive.
i saw your answers on the other thread about this and I applaud you for making them....because i do agree with you, just because a few of the crowd applauded it does not mean the whole crowd agreed with them.

those are still ASSUMPTIONS on your part and my part...since, as you said, we can not read minds...certainly not through a tv screen!

how do you know they were all tea party members. and yeah, it was messed up to laugh and cheer at that.

I thought it was funny as hell.. Wolf set the scene,, 30 year old good job, good salary. DECIDED not to have insurance, didn't need it, didn't have catastrophic either.. and then wham he gets it in the kisser..

when you process this information don't you think :cuckoo::cuckoo: or are we now officially a "no responsibility what so fucking ever" nation? :lol:

Forum List

Back