Rick Perry "Taken Aback"

:lol: I've seen you dig some holes before, but this is probably your deepest.

how so? were you there? i did not realize you had the ability to read people's minds.

what am i thinking right now?
"Damn, Art smacked me again, I guess I'll run back to the other board."

what other board? who are you at that board? and when did art smack me? by citing the WRONG post? lol. you live in an alternate universe.

and thanks for proving you can't read minds, thus are full of shit and dug your own hole. :lol:

i was thinking you're an oxygen bandit.

some of you libs are hilarious. so now, people must affirmatively boo in order to be seen as not approving. i guess when presidents give SOTU speeches and the other side doesn't boo, this means they approve.

lol
it had nothing to do with what any speaker said, it was what the crowd did...and yes, if i were there and part of the crowd was chhering for another human's death, i personally would have booed at them....wouldn't you?

what you and i MIGHT do in an actual event is irrelevant to what they did. perhaps they didn't even realize what they were cheering about, perhaps they were so shocked they were speechless.

not booing does not mean approval. by that logic, if you see a thread or a post you don't like and you don't condemn it, that means you approve of it. do you really want to set that standard?
I would suppose it is possible that they did not fully understand what the shouting was about.....

but more than likely people heard it and just did not want to make a scene or speak up...is my guess.

it had nothing to do with what any speaker said, it was what the crowd did...and yes, if i were there and part of the crowd was chhering for another human's death, i personally would have booed at them....wouldn't you?

what you and i MIGHT do in an actual event is irrelevant to what they did. perhaps they didn't even realize what they were cheering about, perhaps they were so shocked they were speechless.

not booing does not mean approval. by that logic, if you see a thread or a post you don't like and you don't condemn it, that means you approve of it. do you really want to set that standard?
I would suppose it is possible that they did not fully understand what the shouting was about.....

but more than likely people heard it and just did not want to make a scene or speak up...is my guess.

i think we actually agree on the issue.

What upsets a lot in the TP movement is this notion that they are going to work every day, paying their obligations, paying their bills, struggling to make ends meets and making sure they are covered in eventualities.

And along come Johnny Welfare, who checks into an emergency room and gets treated on their dime.

You see the problem. Once you make working for your keep optional, why should anyone work?

I know the memo. It's incorrect..and generally displays the short minded, short term thinking of the tea party.

They have no problem with personal hand ups..it's the other guy they don't like.

I think the problem is you fail to understand the difference between a hand up and a hand out.

We have people in this country whose families have been on welfare for multiple generations. That is quite different than let's say a working guy who collects unemployment for a few weeks while he looks for a new job. that you can't tell the difference is kind of telling.

What upsets a lot in the TP movement is this notion that they are going to work every day, paying their obligations, paying their bills, struggling to make ends meets and making sure they are covered in eventualities.

And along come Johnny Welfare, who checks into an emergency room and gets treated on their dime.

You see the problem. Once you make working for your keep optional, why should anyone work?

I know the memo. It's incorrect..and generally displays the short minded, short term thinking of the tea party.

They have no problem with personal hand ups..it's the other guy they don't like.

I think the problem is you fail to understand the difference between a hand up and a hand out.

We have people in this country whose families have been on welfare for multiple generations. That is quite different than let's say a working guy who collects unemployment for a few weeks while he looks for a new job. that you can't tell the difference is kind of telling.

no one "fails to understand" anything the tea party says...

and of course we know the difference between a hand up and a hand out...

a hand up is what you get and a hand out is what someone else gets...

right?

just ask michelle bachmann!

Just as I predicted.

Hilarious.

Hey Yurt, I'm quietly going to bed now not giving a further shit.

Haha

as i thought. funny how you gave a shit when you thought you had me, then i had to show you that you quoted the WRONG post and of course as i predicted you backed off. and now do not want to take up USC's argument. :lol:

smart choice, easier than admitting you're wrong.

Actually, I did what I was going to do and went to bed. That's what I do at around noon every day. You had already been nailed to a wall anyway. Your rhetorical gymnastics routine was unimpressive in this thread.

But here's a pat on the back for you:

horowitz.jpg

I'm going to work now and wont be back online for a while in case you want to respond to this then requote your response shortly thereafter and yurt about some great victory because I'm not answering.

Last edited:
Apparently quite a few people believe that he should die because he didn't take "personal responsibility" to get health insurance. (Even though we have millions that go without health insurance due to the overwhelming cost of it). Just read the thread about it...

Horsecrap. We have a bunch of health care that is available for the truly indigent- Medicare, Medicaid, the Veteran's Adminstration.

Most of the 46 million people we hear whining about have CHOSEN not to carry insurance. This is why the insurance mandate is such an important part of ObamaCare.

Now, the problem is, we tend to want to play it both ways. We want everyone to be covered, but we don't demand everyone take steps to be able to pay for it...

We should either have a complete private sector thing, where the market drives down prices, or we should have a single payer system where government dictates prices. Instead, we have a wild west where we have some people covered by government, others by private insurance, huge profits being made, and so on.

chosen not to have health insurance?

if you mean that they don't get it through their job and had to make a choice between eating or paying rent and having health insurance, you'd be correct.

as for the rest, when you make an assertion like that, it's probably a good idea to include a link.

as for private sector, we already have that and they do things like deny necessary treatment until the patient dies....

(i can get you a link on that, assuming you don't know the issue) but not right now

ultimately, there is a reason we have a general welfare clause in our constitution. and we are the only civilized country not to take care of our own...

Just as I predicted.

Hilarious.

Hey Yurt, I'm quietly going to bed now not giving a further shit.

Haha

as i thought. funny how you gave a shit when you thought you had me, then i had to show you that you quoted the WRONG post and of course as i predicted you backed off. and now do not want to take up USC's argument. :lol:

smart choice, easier than admitting you're wrong.

Actually, I did what I was going to do and went to bed. That's what I do at around noon every day. You had already been nailed to a wall anyway. Your rhetorical gymnastics routine was unimpressive in this thread.

But here's a pat on the back for you:

horowitz.jpg

I'm going to work now and wont be back online for a while in case you want to respond to this then requote your response shortly thereafter and yurt about some great victory because I'm not answering.

nice self portrait. is that what you do at night? is that why you ran away from your initial claim, too busy self clapping yourself?

:lol:

Dems went and cheered like Alinsky told them too.....yawn

poor frank...

so much stupid, so little time.

Yes, liberal blogs a plenty have been calling for Tea Party sabotage, but a handful of people say let him die, and watch the video again and tell me it wasn't but a handful and it is an indictment on the entire party.

Lefties look to sabotage tea party movement - Washington Times

It is beyond the your realm of possibility that a few liberals would want to achieve this.

Dems went and cheered like Alinsky told them too.....yawn

poor frank...

so much stupid, so little time.

Yes, liberal blogs a plenty have been calling for Tea Party sabotage, but a handful of people say let him die, and watch the video again and tell me it wasn't but a handful and it is an indictment on the entire party.

Lefties look to sabotage tea party movement - Washington Times

It is beyond the your realm of possibility that a few liberals would want to achieve this.

the answer to the question "isn't it possible"... is almost always "well, anything's possible". in actuality, however, one has to ask if something is likely or probable. absent any evidence of sabotage, it is nothing but wishful thinking.

i'm ok with that. it means that it embarrasses you. that means you're not hopeless.

and if there is credible evidence of sabotage, i will certainly look at it. it just doesn't exist right now beyond magical thinking.

chosen not to have health insurance?

if you mean that they don't get it through their job and had to make a choice between eating or paying rent and having health insurance, you'd be correct.

as for the rest, when you make an assertion like that, it's probably a good idea to include a link.

as for private sector, we already have that and they do things like deny necessary treatment until the patient dies....

(i can get you a link on that, assuming you don't know the issue) but not right now

For the record- I Don't Do Links.

I don't do links because whenI provide them, you all pretend you never saw them. Or you claim that they don't count because they came from a media source you don't trust.

Well, let's play along, just for fun...

Who Are the Uninsured? | Michael D. Tanner | Cato Institute: Commentary

For example, roughly one quarter of those counted as uninsured — 12 million people — are eligible for Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP), but haven't enrolled. This includes 64 percent of all uninsured children, and 29 percent of parents with children. Since these people would be enrolled in those programs automatically if they went to the hospital for care, calling them uninsured is really a smokescreen.

Another 10 million uninsured "Americans" are, at least technically, not Americans. Approximately 5.6 million are illegal immigrants, and another 4.4 million are legal immigrants but not citizens.

Now for this...

ultimately, there is a reason we have a general welfare clause in our constitution. and we are the only civilized country not to take care of our own

And if your side actually ADVOCATED that, then we'd be having an argument. That isn't what your side is doing, of course. You are just trying to sink private insurance so we all go along with it when you try to pull it off later.

But maybe you should read about some of those more "civilized" countries..

Some U.K. patients denied costly cancer meds - Health - Health care - msnbc.com

In October, Rocky Fernandez was told he might not live to Christmas.

Suffering from kidney cancer that had spread to his lungs, his doctor wanted to prescribe him Sutent, a relatively new cancer drug. But Fernandez hit a roadblock.

The agency that tells the British government which treatments are worth paying for had decided last year that Sutent — at 3,500 pounds ($5,160) a month — was too costly to be offered free under the national health care system.

no one "fails to understand" anything the tea party says...

and of course we know the difference between a hand up and a hand out...

a hand up is what you get and a hand out is what someone else gets...

right?

just ask michelle bachmann!

No, a hand up is what you get when you hit a rough patch, but you are expected to move on by yourself at some point. Or at the very least, make the effort.

A hand out is when you think the world owes you a living, and you try to find ways to game the system, which a lot of people do. Why do you think they had to replace food stamps with LINK cards? Too many people were gaming that system. Which I guess is oooh, so fine by you.

Forum List

Back